[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i get over my >tfw no dog feels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1473031634281.jpg (72KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473031634281.jpg
72KB, 500x250px
how do i get over my >tfw no dog feels?
>>
>>2211713
By getting a dog.
>>
>>2211718
What if that's not a viable solution
>>
Idk if I could ever get over not having pets.

I haven't had any pets going on a year now and that's what I want more than anything.
>>
>>2211721
Volunteer at an animal shelter.
>>
>>2211732
This, or go ask your neighbors. Surely there's a lazy fuck in your neighborhood who would enjoy their dog getting walked and played with by someone else.
>>
>>2211732
This. It'll satisfy your dog fix and you'll be contributing to your community. Just don't get attached because it's really bittersweet watching a dog you grew to love leave with his new family
>>
>>2211713
By getting a dog.

I love my puppy, but sometimes I miss the days of not having a dog to look after. Every time he shits inside or gets really riled up and starts biting and chewing everything, I miss the days of not having an animal to take care of.

I'm sure when he's older and no longer a puppy I'll probably love him even more and he'll be my best friend. But this raising a puppy thing is fucking terrible.

Puppies are cute, that's it. They're a nightmare the rest of the time.
>>
File: out.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
out.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2211738
but would they entrust their dog to a random neet?
>>
>>2211772
true, raising a puppy also and it's a lot fucking harder than I thought it'd be... I should have rescued an older dog, this puppy doesn't listen for shit and mostly just ignores my existence unless he's hungry
>>
>>2211772
>>2211782
When does a puppy calm the fuck down and stop doing stupid shit and listen? I can't take another year of this, it's driving me mad, I don't even have a life of my own anymore, every time I'm about to eat or do something else he's shitting on the floor or biting the furniture or doing something else that pisses me off
>>
>>2211777
I'll let you help me with my puppy :^)
>>
>>2211777
This is pathetic. A big strong Boxer looking like an absolute bitch because of a fucking cat.
For shame.
>>
>>2211777
>that dock

why do people do this shit?
>>
>>2211786
How old is your puppy? Mine is 3 months old and he's driving me insane most days.

I know how you feel about not having a life of your own anymore. I wake up early, even on my days off to my puppy whining that it needs to go outside. Then I can't go back to sleep because the puppy is awake and I have to watch after it 100% of the time. If I go back to sleep it has to go back in its crate and I'd rather not keep it needlessly in a crate but he also can only be in for so long before he starts whining again to go outside. Or else he just shits in the crate, though he's gotten really good at not doing that.
When I'm awake I can't do anything or focus on anything because I have to constantly watch it or else it will piss and shit inside or chew on literally everything. In order to teach it what is appropriate to chew on I have to constantly take what its got away and replace it with a toy.
Training his is going pretty slow because he simply won't grasp certain concepts. I've been trying to get him to lay down for weeks and even with a tasty treat as a lure he absolutely, 100% will not lay down. He won't even move his paws to attempt to.

I don't know how much more of this I can take.
>>
>>2211793
Same reason they cut up a dogs ears and sew them up after. For looks.

>inb4 muh prevents ear infections
That's been mythbusted ages ago.
>>
>>2211822
Mine is 3 months old also and we're going through almost the exact same shit, except I've gotten mine to sit, and lay down if I bribe him with food but only when he's in "food mode". He won't fucking come to me at all though, even though he knows this command, he is distracted by everything even in a really quiet environment, and outside he's just a nightmare -- bum rushing every stranger and dog that walks by, chasing cars, walking in everyone's yard, constant pulling on leash, sitting down, chewing leashes(he's ripped through 3 of them already, had to buy the "virchewly" indestructible one) and of course he won't follow me or listen to me no matter what out there
>>
>>2211830
Mine won't come to me either, even though he knows the command and knows I want him to. And mine also chews on his leashes.

I watch loads of videos on YouTube about these things and try a lot of them but my puppy just doesn't do most of them.

However, my puppy at least will stay with me. He loves to follow me around everywhere. I could walk around with him off leash and I wouldn't have to worry about him running away. However, I don't. He's got to learn to walk on a leash and actually return to me when I call him before I'll trust him for that.
>>
>>2211854
Same, I've read you can't train them to do much until 6 months or so, but the come here is the most important one and it's the one he just won't do

What breed is your puppy? Mines some kinda mutt lab/German shepherd
>>
File: 20160908_090857.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160908_090857.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2211857
He's an English Shepherd.
They're extremely intelligent, so I know he'll catch on eventually. It's just annoying at this early phase.
>>
>>2211713
Foster one
>>
>>2211822
Just keep your puppy crated. I don't know why people have such a hard time with doing it.

I understand it seems sad and all, and they will cry. Putting them in a kennel isn't an excuse to neglect them and let them poop all over themselves, but they need to just get used to being in it, just like they need to get used to going in the car, using a leash, etc. Take them out often and make sure they have plenty of excercise, but to say that you don't want to put them in a crate needlessly is retarded. The crate is there for that exact reason, so you can take care of shit without having to worry about if in the 15 seconds you got tunnel vision handling something if you puppy is destroying the trashcan. It's a small space and all, but that's not a bad thing. It's similar to a wolf den in that regard.

I know it's sad they're locked in there, but it's not like you're torchering your puppy by doing it. I also have one of those bowls that locks onto the metal gate so I know they'll always have access to fresh water. It's also wise to put a really tough chewy in there with them so they don't tear apart their bed while they're teething.

Like I said, you should put them in the crate if you can't keep a watchful eye, but take them out often enough to get them plenty of excercise, eat and go to the bathroom.
>>
File: 1473434453071image.jpg (96KB, 590x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1473434453071image.jpg
96KB, 590x1048px
It's easy, op. Just acquire a doggo!
>>
>>2212309
>torchering
>>
>>2212385
kek
>>
File: 1466377226881.jpg (40KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1466377226881.jpg
40KB, 709x765px
>>2212385
>>2212394
fugg I tried to make a well thought out and helpful post, but I made a spelling mistake that conjured up images of somebody using a cigar lighter on a puppy.

Oh well better off myself then.
>>
File: iz_not_ur_fowlt.jpg (34KB, 960x514px) Image search: [Google]
iz_not_ur_fowlt.jpg
34KB, 960x514px
>>2212519
ahee mek thees fonettic spelling mistakes oll the taheem
english pronansieyshon suks
>>
>>2211772
>>2211782
>>2211786
>>2211822
>>2211830
>>2211854
>>2212309
Is it really this hard to raise a puppy or are you just really bad at raising pupps?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.