[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Craigslist Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-01-44-00.png (860KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-01-44-00.png
860KB, 1080x1920px
Haven't had one of these in a while. pic related is a 'part Persian part main coon' aka how can I make these kittens seem like they are worth more than $25
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-01-44-07.png (905KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-01-44-07.png
905KB, 1080x1920px
>>2211333
Too ad insult to injury pic is the 'main coon' (ie brown tabby) mom
>>
Reminder to report on Craigslist if:
>they specify there is a rehoming fee but want you to contact and ask
>the rehoming fee is clearly unreasonable and is really just an asking price
>"OBO"
>they outright say they're selling the pet
>puppies that have been bred at their home/"ready to go!"/language that shows they've been bred for the purpose of sale
>stud services/breeding services

It's against craigslist TOS to sell or breed pets. You too can do 1/50th of a part to stop BYBs
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-01-52-15.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-01-52-15.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>2211512
That would literally be every single puppy/kitten post.

Should the same also be done for reptiles? I assume they should be because it's still selling an animal, I just didn't think there was much of an overpopulation issue with reptiles, and I know that a lot of people swap and trade snakes like trading cards.
>>
>>2211541
I got my kittens from a lady who does TNR, and a lot of litters are accidents from indoor cats who snuck out. Rehoming fees aren't selling.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-11-07-52.png (397KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-11-07-52.png
397KB, 1080x1920px
>>2211544
When does a rehoming fee become selling though?
>>
>>2211555
You have to include some of the costs. If they did in fact pay more than $2300, they aren't making money on selling the gliders and it's up to the buyer to figure out if it's worth it or not. I paid $100 for my spayed kitten with vaccines to help cover the cost of her vet care and the other animals that got fixed. Anything over $25 for a kitten that hasn't had shots is stupid though.
>>
>>2211541
No one caress unless it's a cat or dog. These people only see cats and dogs as pets. They could give less of a shit you're selling a goldfish in a 2.5 gallon bowl for $100. One woman was trying to sell her goldfish with bowl for $50 and if no one buys them they're getting flushed because here kids lost interest.
>>
>>2211561
Fawk u nigga I stay selling my 5 week old pit pups for 150 a pop. Dad be a bully pit and mother be a Labrador makes big pits nigga
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-11-17-44.png (293KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-11-17-44.png
293KB, 1080x1920px
>>2211561
Making up money for an animal isn't a rehoming fee, it's selling. What those people are saying is they bought these gliders, and paid money to care for them, and want to be completely reimbursed for their 10 months of owning cute gliders. If the rehoming fee included recent spy/neuter and recent vaccines, that's one thing. But you shouldn't expect someone to pay you back for all the expenses of the year that you owned an animal.

Even then it still is against CL rules; re-homing fee is supposed to be a deterrent of bad animal owners, animal hoarders and abusers. It is not supposed to be a reimbursement for the money put into the animal. Hence why the sale of animals is prohibited
>>
>>2211622
Agreed, people abuse the shit out of this because they can't think more than 6 months down the line at a time.

I don't even know what to value a lot of animals because we are always interested in odd farm animals and at that point the difference between a rehoming fee, an adoption fee, and a straight up price for the animal is smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>2211623
Adoption fee, from an adoption agency like a shelter or rescue, not a pet store or breeder, is considered a donation towards the organization. The 'donation' helps pay not just for the animal just bought, but for the other animals in the organization.

A rehoming fee is a fee solely to weed out animal hoarders and animal abusers, it is not meant to get back money lost. Small fees will generally discourage them, however even large fees won't weed out shitty owners and flippers. Rehoming fee can't substitute actual communication and screening.

As for a breeder, it should be you get what you pay for. If the animal is of better quality (structurally sound, genetically healthy, correct temperament) it will generally be priced higher because of the work put into finding healthy sires/dams. In this case it is to help with the costs, but should never be so much that they make a profit. Breeders who don't do health tests, therefore can't guarantee health (and also didn't pay as much as the breeder who did do test), shouldn't expect to get as much money for their stock as someone who did test.

Of course you will find people that price animals much higher than they should be. I've known rescues who put nothing into their dogs, not even time, and charge $300. At least this is how I figure it, being that I have to deal with all 3 on a regular basis. I guess in the thing to keep in mind is, with adoption it's how much you are willing to donate for this animal (do you like what the organization does for example), with rehoming, are they charging a price to weed out abusers or are they trying to make up money for their mistake (keep in mind, CL is not for breeders selling products, only for rehoming pet animals), and for breeders it's more about paying for the quality of the product - if it's not well bred, you shouldn't pay through the nose for the $0 and no work they put into it.
>>
>iguana add thats been updated and reposted since march
>started as $60 mean iguana with burns and a broken off tail 18inches but cool to watch! No cage or anything else included
>turned into $45 iguana about 18 inches with slight injuries but cool to watch! Can pay more for cage

And im sitting here feeling shitty cause mine tore his face up while he was confined in a pet carrier for 3 days because louisiana decided to shit water in places it wasnt supposed to and never has before.
Fucking $200 vet bill for vagasil and some antibiotics.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-11-19-34.png (703KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-11-19-34.png
703KB, 1080x1920px
>>2211687
Pic related was originally something like morph and spider something and spots, 'available now', nothing about the snakes, and had 'or best offer'

I've seen the ad change many times with the same picture same contact. This is the latest rendition. Someone got pissed about tank/snake size ratio, so they addressed that.

Also is newspaper ok for snakes? Idk shit about reptiles but i thought the ink would be bad
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-23-29-33.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-23-29-33.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
This fucking picture. Irony doesn't even touch it, it is straight moronic.

>Your average pit bull owner
>>
>>2212019
It's an ad made by a serial killer.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-23-17-16.png (243KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-23-17-16.png
243KB, 1080x1920px
I hope this is satire
>>
>>2212010
The ink used in newspaper is harmless.
Its a common substrate because its cheap (free) and easy to clean. I've never used it but theres no issues with it.
>>
File: 1463155088294image.jpg (123KB, 1300x731px) Image search: [Google]
1463155088294image.jpg
123KB, 1300x731px
How much could I sell my puppy for? I'd never ever get rid of her, she is my dog and my dog alone. I went to the shelter and adopted her. Mine.

Still.. think I could turn a profit from the shelter fees?
>>
>>2212504
:( your puppy would be sad if she knew you were even asking that

depends on age + what breeds you say she is. most puppers under a year go for about 50-200.
>>
I had a friend who was selling pit puppies for $100-150 a piece. No shots or anything. His reason for the high price? "If you can't afford the $100 price tag then you can't afford to take them to the vet" which is true to some extent. But $100 for a mixed breed dog with no shots and 3 out of the 10 died that he sold. Skin color is brown.
>>
>>2212504
Depends, but shelter puppies are usually stupidly under priced compared to CL 'breeders'. My local shelter sells fixed, microchipped, wormed, UTD 8 week old puppies for $300, while people are selling pups on CL with nothing for the same price. Pediatric spay/neuter is rarely done in out clinic so shelters are one of the few places to get a fixed puppy, so you've got a special market there where you could charge even more, and no one else can.
We actually have a huge problem with people adopting our dogs (sometimes as low as $25) and flipping them, usually in 2 days they make about $100 profit. But, you have to be in an area where people care about having fixed and utd dogs, and where the dog population isn't so out of control that there is no demand. Also the shelter will eventually put you on a black list or DNA and after that it might be hard to adopt at other shelters too.

How much did you pay for the dog, what does it have under it's belt, and what do pups normally go for?
>>
>>2212504
Good idea. Keep adopting puppies and the shelter will definitely not ask questions. Then your dogs you sold will eventually end up in the hands of someone who gets tired of it and straight to the shelter again. Absolutely brilliant plan. When they ask why you're adopting so many dogs tell them you're rehoming them for profit.
>>
>>2212529
Did you not understand anon's post? He's not really considering it, he's just curious. You know, a hypothetical question?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.