[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat in the ER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: images (3).jpg (8KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
8KB, 208x250px
My cat for 6 years is in the ER right now because I didn't notice it didn't pee for 2 days. The vet told me it's a 50-50 chance.

They just called me to go straight to the hospital. I'm not liking where this is going hold me pls guys
>>
Relax and take a deep breath.

Remember that all of us will die sooner or later, and that you are doing the right thing by trying to save him, regardless of how it turns out.

I wish you and your cat the best.
>>
>>2210684
That sucks anon. My cat is prone to that and I've had to take him to the vet twice because he got stopped up.

Luckily he was acting really weird and i caught him trying to squat every few minuites and licking himself a lot.

It can be bad because it can back up their kidneys. I hope everything works out OP.
>>
>>2210684
I hope he pulls through, but it's a common issue with male cats, and you did good noticing it before it was entirely too late. A lot of people wouldn't have noticed for weeks.
>>
Common issue in cats, particularly male cats. You did good noticing when you did, you at least gave hin a fighting chance. Godspeed to your kitter.
>>
>>2210710
>particularly male cats.
This. They're still desert animals at the core and their bodies are good at conserving water (this is why cat piss smells so awful, its super concentrated). Unfortunately with dry food in some male cats it causes crystals to condense in their bladder which can then clog the urethra.

Hopefully it can be helped by changing his diet, adding wet food regularly, or buying prescription cat food that adjusts their PH level enough the crystals dont precipitate.

If those dont work they basically perform a sexual reassignment surgery and change the male plumbing into female.
>>
File: IMG-20160907-WA0001.jpg (305KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160907-WA0001.jpg
305KB, 1200x1600px
OP here, they unblocked his uretha I think and his bladder is ok now. But they couldn't wake him up safely from the general anaesthetic (seizuring).

So they said they'll keep him under overnight and wake him up slowly? Basically if he makes it past the night he's good. I went home but they said if they call anytime between when I left and the next day it probably isn't good news. Still haven't heard anything yet and it's the morning so fingers crossed.
>>
File: 1471330366144.gif (158KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
1471330366144.gif
158KB, 209x193px
Cheer up the cup is half full and by the end it'll be full
>cup = cat
>>
>>2210800

I thought domestic cats were descendants of Scottish Wildcats.
>>
>>2210699
Trip cucks not allowed on the Kings property sorry
>>
Op here for anyone following, just got a call they said he's stable now.

Definitely gonna change his diet a bit from just dry food from now on.
>>
>>2211147
The absolute best thing you can do for him is no more dry food. Ever. Yes, wet food is more expensive, but taking him to the vet is worse. I'm happy he's doing better!
>>
>>2211147

Glad to hear. I know thats a big weight off your shoulders. You can breathe now.
>>
File: so what is it cat.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
so what is it cat.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>2211003
I don't know about that, from what I understand domestic cats are almost direct ancestors to small wild cats native to the middle eastern area. The cradle of civilization, and the advent of agriculture just happened to be adjacent to the ancestors of kitty cats. We didn't really domesticate cats, they just happen to eat vermine that thrive off human civilization, are fairly neat, aesthetic as fuck, and don't cause too many problems. It was a mutually beneficial cohabitation that's turned into blind submission to our feline overlords.
Here's a national geographic article where they traced domestic cat's nearest wild ancestor down:
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/06/070628-cat-ancestor
>>
>>2211151
>no more dry food. Ever.
Talk to the vet, they put my little guy on prescription dry food and as long as he stays on it, everything is fine and dandy. ~$40 for a 7 1/2 lb bag. Not exactly cheap, but better than having another scare (and cheaper than an emergency visit to the vet.)

Also make sure to stay on top of his water. Keep it filled with fresh water all the time.
>>
disgusting dirty catfag detected

if you cleaned your litterbox regularly (like you all say you do)
>my cat doesn't stink only dirts don't clean their litter twice a day bla bla bla not meeee
this wouldn't have happened
>>
>>2211186
Dry food isn't good for any cat. I'm not a vet, but I do believe that despite what your vet says you should stick him on a good canned food. All those carbs dehydrate your kitty.

http://www.catinfo.org/
>>
Shit man thats how mine died a few years ago
>>
>>2211147
Awesome news man. Wish you and your furball the best.
>>
>>2211194
>Carbs
There are hardly any in good (blue Buffalo and related) dry food. The main issue with cats becoming dehydrated from dry food is that cats are really picky about clean, and for many it has to be RUNNING, water. Some cats don't like the chlorine and additives in tap water too, so you have to give them filtered water.

Basically just buy one of those cat water fountains and use bottled water. Should be fine.
>>
>>2210999
>Godspeed
How is
BUN , Cre, P, Ca, Na, and K with your cat?
Godspeed to your cat....
>>
>>2211147
I'm really glad to hear that. Take care of him and yourself. I hope you can sleep well !
>>
>>2211208
Blue Buffalo is 20-40% carbs. It's really not that great of a food.
>>
>>2211291
>t. Purina One shill
>>
Neutered cats -> chronic complications...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.