[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the pitbull of the spider world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

What is the pitbull of the spider world?
>>
File: RedTrapDoor.jpg (252KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
RedTrapDoor.jpg
252KB, 1024x768px
>>2210506
depending on how you look at pitbulls either a red trapdoor (thick, agressive) or a Nephila sp (looks dangerous, but it's not)
>>
>>2210506
that's a tricky question. no spider is nearly as dangerous and aggressive as a pit. on the other hand, I guess tarantula owners sort of are the pit bull owners of the spider owner world.
>>
>>2210524
>I guess tarantula owners sort of are the pit bull owners of the spider owner world.
kek
In which way?
>>
>>2210531
They think they're badass just like pit bull owners.
>>
File: Portia-fimbriata-small.jpg (69KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
Portia-fimbriata-small.jpg
69KB, 300x215px
>>2210533
That would be the black widow owners.

>>2210506
Portias,I think.
>>
>>2210533
now I understand
and I have to say that's true
>>
File: tdspider.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tdspider.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Why is there so little (and contradictary) information about trapdoor spiders?

Take this article for example
https://animalcorner.co.uk/animals/trapdoor-spider/
First paragraph
>"Trapdoor Spiders are very aggressive and should only be kept by experienced people."

last paragraph
>"It is a non-aggressive spider and is usually timid, however it may stand up and present its fangs if harassed."

I don't care for owning one but it seems they are the antlions of spiders which is pretty cool, I want to know more but it looks as if nobody has actually done any research on them.

Even wikipedia has little info, and absolutely no info on red trapdoors
>"The taxonomy of Ctenizidae is currently not well understood in the United States and many species of the common genus Ummidia remain undescribed."
>>
>>2210533
Aw man.

And I was thinking about getting one as a starter spider.

I've never thought about that. The people that I know who have tarantulas are introverted, quiet types.
>>
>>2210742
It doesn't work like that with spiders.

It's not like you could get a more friendly spider, Tarantulas are some of the friendliest.

>>2210731
You would be amaze at how little we know about some species, even about the ones that end up in the pet trade.

Trapdoor spiders are more aggresive than most tarantulas, they don't like to be seen or touch.

Jumping spiders are nice, and I seen some, phiddipus that are big enough to be pet able.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPo8MG1pJ8w
>>
File: Cobalt-Blue-Tarantula-Care.jpg (171KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
Cobalt-Blue-Tarantula-Care.jpg
171KB, 600x452px
>>2210506
pretty much all old world tarantulas
>>
>>2210731
you could ask Peter Grabowitz from polyped.de about them (at least he has/has had red trapdoors for sale

He is relatively friendly, but not allways
and he usually gives pretty short answers via e-mail
he's completely different in person, very friendly and talks a lot
>>
>>2210794
>$150 spider.
Beautiful color but Jesus, is it shipped in a gem encrusted gold crate?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.