[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are frogs tough pets to have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: image001.jpg (11KB, 329x247px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
11KB, 329x247px
Are frogs tough pets to have?
>>
>>2210433
tropical frogs are
temperate varieties or toads are a bit less picky
>>
Depends. White's tree frogs are pretty forgiving. And pacman frogs. Fire belly toads are simple as well.

Other species have more specific and tricky to maintain environment criteria that isn't beginner friendly.
>>
>>2210433
Nice dubs. Praise Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (539KB, 2048x1408px)
image.jpg
539KB, 2048x1408px
Giant African bullfrogs are very easy. They eat anything and sometimes bury down to sleep for months at a time.
>>
File: canetoad.jpg (201KB, 660x424px)
canetoad.jpg
201KB, 660x424px
>>2210433

I'm considering getting a Cane Toad.

Real hardy. You can hold them more. They're big.

They will eat a lot and different stuff. You can even feed them dog food. They're active too.
>>
ask /pol/
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>2210433
African clawed frogs require next to no care, but they're fully aquatic so you can't really handle them much
>>
>>2210433
They're tough in the sense that you want to hold them or watch them, but the fact of the matter is, you won't be doing much of either.

Diurnal frogs are mostly poison dart frogs. The problem with that, is that very few are actually brave, and most will hide under coco huts or general leaf litter. You do get to see them when they eat, and sometimes you can just sit and watch them.

Most tree frogs are nocturnal, so they don't move much during the day. Additionally, frogs should rarely be handled in general. General care is very easy, just keeping an eye on things like humidity and making sure to clean the tank every once in a while.

I own 2 dart frogs, and 4 Vietnamese Mossy tree frogs.
>>
We have some frogs in our bathroom that have sneaking in and out through a small broken piece in the window, and they chill in the shower all day.

I actually came on here to ask /an/ what I could feed them for treats and as a piece offering so they stop jumping on my arm when I'm trying to wash myself.
>>
>frogs are my favorite animal
>as a kid get lots of stuffed frogs, parents get me tree frogs as pets
>name them buzz lightyear and godzilla, later on get a fire belly toad and name him hannibal lector
>shortly after get a black salamander
>before i can name it next morning its dead with foam at its mouth
>next day buzz dies
>day after, godzilla dies
>another day passes and the fire belly toad is also dead
That fucked me up as a child.
>>
>>2212098
Peace* offering
>>
>>2212098

That's actually cool lol
>>
>>2212065

How are those mossy frogs?
>>
>>2212098

If they're really small, get a flightless fruit fly culture from local pet shop. If they're bigger maybe you could put out a small bowl of waxworms. It won't stop them from molesting you in the shower though. They will love you forever.
>>
>>2213998
Its not so cool when they jump on your dick.
>>2214023
>It won't stop them from molesting you in the shower though. They will love you forever.

Damn
>>
>>2211964
Careful man, I presume you might be Australian? Those things release pretty deadly toxins through their skin, just beware if you have cats/dogs.
>>
>>2212061

>what the fuck did you just say about me you little bitch?
>>
>>2211964
what an awful pet.
>>
File: 1392756488781.jpg (37KB, 632x475px) Image search: [Google]
1392756488781.jpg
37KB, 632x475px
>>2212061
reminds me of this doggo
>>
Where I work there is standing water with baby grey treefrogs in it.
I'm tempted to take one home, but I don't know enough about them to really take care of them.
>>
>>2212061
You also can't handle them much because they're slippery as fuck
>>
>>2214184

Why? They're easy to take care of, active, and generally docile.

>>2214032

I'm American. They are fine to handle. You should just wash your hands afterwards. The poison comes out when something bites the toad.
>>
>>2210916

Damn that toad looks cuddly
>>
What are those gay frogs that look like dead wood?
>>
File: 368517525_8bec273b34.jpg (124KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
368517525_8bec273b34.jpg
124KB, 500x281px
>>2215543
do you mean the surinam toad Pipa pipa?
>>
>>2215549

Yes

I need a tank of those in my living room with them just floating around like stale turds
>>
>>2212100
I got a white's tree frog in 5th grade and had him for around a year. Total bro. Got two more for Christmas, all were dead in three months.

Gotta quarantine. Sadz from days of yore.
>>
>>2215670

They're supposed to live for like 15 years
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.