[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found this under my lizards log wtf kind of beatle is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20160906_153849.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_153849.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I found this under my lizards log wtf kind of beatle is this?
>>
>>2210311

I think that's a morio beetle. Last life stage of a superworm.
>>
>>2210363

Could also be a mealworm beetle. I'm not sure of scale here.
>>
>>2210363
>>2210377
Not OP, but basically a worm survived his lizard's death cube and grew to adulthood?
That sounds metal is fuck, I'd keep it in a separate bin desu.
>>
>>2211412
Yes. Some of my feeder insects have pretty incredible survival stories. Like the phoenix worm that didn't get eaten in pictus gecko tank, hatched to black soldier fly (ph.worms are the larva form), flew out of the tank, I caught it and released it in crested gecko tank because the cresties like the flies, it survives and escapes AGAIN, I catch it again and this time I let it go outside. That fucking soldier fly will probably lay thousands of eggs and the babies will all be immortal super flies.
>>
>>2211412
It's more likely than you think, they're quite fast if they want to be and you lose track of one for a second and they'll be digging under anything they can.

I've occasionally lifted up the water dish of my bearded dragon to find some cocoons.
>>
Paul McCartney?
>>
>>2210311
Looks like a ringo beatle, they're harmless enough but pretty useless and shit to be honest
>>
>>2210311
This is a superworm beetle. The sharp edges of the wings confirm this.
This one seems to have molted around 3 or more days ago. When they first molt, they have a light orange body and white wings which darken overtime until the beetle eventually turns completely black.

Also this beetle is not completely solid yet so please be careful with it. I had a beetle like this one that had wings that looked slightly crumpled. It didn't change in hue at all for a long period of time and eventually died prematurely.
>>
>>2210311
>wtf kind of beatle
It's lenon bug.
>>
>>2213656
Pretty unlikely, lennon bugs are very rare. In fact I haven't see a live one in decades.
>>
>>2213665
Yeah, the gooks snatched them away :/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.