[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indoor/outdoor cats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Cat.png (782KB, 560x692px) Image search: [Google]
Cat.png
782KB, 560x692px
Is it alright to let your cat go outside as long as they are supervised the whole time?
My cat always begs to go outside and I let him out at least once a day, but never let him be by himself.
He's caught a few big grasshoppers while outside, but I always make him put them down. Would it be fine for him to eat most bugs? Like cicadas and grasshoppers if he catches them?
>>
File: Bug.jpg (1MB, 1206x1863px) Image search: [Google]
Bug.jpg
1MB, 1206x1863px
Pic related, was the grasshopper he caught. These things are all over the place.
>>
>>2209664
>Is it alright to let your cat go outside as long as they are supervised the whole time?
The indoor/outdoot argument is primarily about people who just let their cats run around unattended to do whatever the fuck they want. There is nothing wrong with letting your cat out as long as it's supervised.

As for the bugs, I'd be wary of that stuff on account of parasites and the like.
>>
If the cat is confined to an area, it should be okay. Like the person above said, outdoor cat hate comes from people letting it roam freely without any kind of real limit.

Also, pesticides. Be wary of letting your cat actually eat any bugs. Catching is fine.
>>
You're fine OP, you sound like you actually watch after your cat.
>>
File: Food.png (589KB, 456x824px) Image search: [Google]
Food.png
589KB, 456x824px
I didn't know about the parasites from bugs. But yeah, I keep close watch over him and he gets scared whenever he ventures out past the grassy area. He got out once overnight due to a previous room mate but made it back safe.

I would only let him roam if I had loads of acreage. Plus I make sure he's up to date with shots and I use revolution.
>>
File: Outwitted.png (1MB, 489x959px) Image search: [Google]
Outwitted.png
1MB, 489x959px
Also, I am worried about the feral cats that live out here. I don't think he could handle one if he ever encountered one. I do know that he is the dominant one when he stays with my coworker and her cats. Her cats are also indoor only and declawed, so I'm sure it's not hard for him.
>>
Yes. Keep your cat in an enclosed environment and put flea repellent on them.
>>
Does anyone else have cats who are afraid of the outdoors?
I had a squeamish cat who was, and she'd satisfy her hunter instinct by occasionally fetching a sock from the laundry hamper, laying it at our feet, and meowing proudly to show off her "kill." Then we'd pet her and tell her what a fierce killer she was.
Shit never got old.
>>
>>2209707
In general feral cats are too afraid of humans to theoretically hurt your cat while you were watching it.

I would only be afraid for my cat's safety if I were letting it roam freely without my supervision.

Same with our chickens, nothing ever comes close while we're around even when they're exploring the yard, and we have 10 acres.
>>
Google cat enclosures. There are some neat designs out there that keep nature and your cat safe while still letting them hang out outside. You could build a pretty nice one for very little money. I really like the ones that put a cat door in a window so they can go and come as they please.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.