[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pet Taxidermy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: puppy taxidermy.png (273KB, 933x605px) Image search: [Google]
puppy taxidermy.png
273KB, 933x605px
Someone on Ebay is selling a stuffed 'golden retriever' mount. What does /an/ think of this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taxidermy-dog-rare-oddity-golden-retriever-mount-/322250142652?hash=item4b079af3bc:g:HwsAAOSwU-pXtgJP

How do you guys feel about people getting their pets stuffed once they die?
I kind of like the idea of being able to preserve the pet, making it look like it's still alive. But I'll admit, i'd probably feel pretty sad from time to time knowing that my own pet has passed on. But in general, I personally admire the art of good taxidermy.
>>
I don't approve of killing an animal for this purpose but if an animal is already dead I suppose I don't see the harm in having its body stuffed.

Jeremy Bentham was stuffed, sort of.
>>
>>2209441
I stuff ur mum last night :3
>>
File: 1471062989519.jpg (133KB, 605x807px) Image search: [Google]
1471062989519.jpg
133KB, 605x807px
I mean I guess there's no inherent issue with it, but it's nothing I'd ever do, and I think people who do it are a little creepy, but that's me.

Like imagine raising and growing up with a dog, looking into its eyes while your chilling on the couch, petting it, playing with it, all that stuff, and then after it dies, you get to look at the cold, lifeless hide from its corpse stretched over a canvas every day. Like, after all these years, you've bonded with the dog and gotten to know all the little odd physiological quirks it has, a taxidermy job could never capture all the little things that really make your dog familiar to you, the uncanny valley shit would just put me off wayyy too much.
>>
>How do you guys feel about people getting their pets stuffed once they die?
In taxidermy, you still dispose of the "real" part of the animal as you would normally, except that you keep its skin to put to artistic use. I feel ok with this.
>>
It's okay. I use to breed cats so I could taxidermy the kittens. $50 bucks a pop and I made a decent living until some fag got butthurt and put a call into the police and got all my shit taken from me and 90 days in jail.
>>
wtf is up with the mouth
>>
>>2209451
That's fucked up bro. What exactly did the police find wrong with practicing taxidermy using dead animals?
>>
>>2209441
>I don't approve of killing an animal for this purpose
Yeah I was referring to already dead.
I remember hearing about Jeremy Bentham, I kind of thought it was funny how the school kids apparently would steal his head and play pranks with it.
>>
>>2209445
>, you've bonded with the dog and gotten to know all the little odd physiological quirks it has, a taxidermy job could never capture all the little things

I think this is why a lot of taxidermists that do commissions refuse to do pets. I think it may be because they're at risk of not successfully mounting the pet and not exactly capturing the pet correctly. Then again this also depends on how skilled the taxidermist is..
>>
>>2209454
I can't really tell myself, it looks like the fur was stained..
>>
>>2209456
Well I would euthanize them by hitting them hard and swift with a ball point hammer.
>>
>>2209462
Ball peen hammer. Ball point is for pens.
Oh well, that's unfair. You suffered more from it than the cats. What kind of sick justice is that.
>>
>>2209426
That appears to be a puppy, not a grown dog.
>>
>>2209519
Good eye.
>>
It's not real. It's made out of goat fur. It has no claws, no whiskers, no defined toes and no one would mount that without the underbelly. You can even see the seams of the patches on its face and legs.

Pic related but not the example I want to post but it won't show up on my phone. I see much less realistic ones in stores all the time.
>>
File: HTB1K5YxGpXXXXXwapXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg (100KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1K5YxGpXXXXXwapXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg
100KB, 600x600px
>>2210257
Here is one with rabbit fur.
>>
>>2209426
I couldn't do it. It's because of the eyes. They use glass ones to mimic real eyes and it never looks right. The eyes are the soul of the animal, what gives it expression and life. Once you take that away it will never look as good. Unless you do a sleeping pose, but even still...
>>
>>2209426
Fuck no.
That'd be like getting a brother or sister stuffed after they die
>>
Stuffing them is fine but why sell it? Didn't you stuff them because you cherish their memory and want to keep them around even in death?
>>
>>2209451

If you're not trolling, then I don't see the issue. Breeding animals to just kill them and taxidermy them, especially such young ones, is awful. If they died accidentally or naturally it's fine but killing them for it? Nah.
>>
>>2210976
What's the difference? We kill lambs, calves, piglets, etc all the time(not just for meat) and people cull baby animals for all sorts of reasons when it comes to breeding pets. Better to do this than just throw them in the trash.

Some animals are also ranched like elk, deer, bison, rare pheasants, etc. No one is eating most of those pheasants and they are only raised for fly tying and taxidermy. If they are taken care of, not cramped up, not abused and killed humanely then why not.

If the kitten killer was doing it with chickens or sheep no one would give a shit. I'm not for it myself despite having an extensive taxidermy collection and mounting things I've found. Not sure where he lives but selling or buying domestic cat and dog fur is also illegal in the US unless it's proven pre-ban.
>>
>>2211007
It doesn't sound like anon is killing them humanely though. That's my only objection.
>>
>>2211009
And a fine one indeed. I've skipped over some items and frozen specimens reading shit about drowning and cleaners injected into smaller animals. Doesn't seem uncommon with skunks and smaller animals. Bullet holes are an easy fix.
>>
File: rowdy scrubs.jpg (40KB, 627x352px) Image search: [Google]
rowdy scrubs.jpg
40KB, 627x352px
>not bonding with your dog after it has been stuffed
>>
>>2210262
I literally have one of those. You can buy them at like Hallmark gift shops. I'm pretty sure it's not taxidermy. Would take a pic but mine is packed since I just moved two months ago. It's not exactly like that (mine's white) but the face looks about the same.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.