[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dangerous Foxes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fox3[1].jpg (234KB, 1280x873px) Image search: [Google]
fox3[1].jpg
234KB, 1280x873px
So, I was sitting outside smoking when a fox came up to me, step by step he came closer (rapidly) and I (forcefully) shushed him away thinking there is something wrong here.

There was no visual scab (missing fur) on the fox or anything but I felt danger...

Was this just an curious fox or is there something that draws sick foxes to people? Like foxes with rabies FROM water?

(pic related, a fox)
>>
>>2209259
probably in an urban area, right?
he might come for food left by humans and might even have been fed in the past
>>
nevermind this post, I just went outside for a smoke again and this time I didn't see a werewolf but a curious baby fox the size of a housecat.

>>2209271 rural
>>
when I say rural I mean, 4k ppl and in the outskirts
>>
>>2209259
There's bunch of wild foxes over at the Facebook campus near my step-sister's place and since the employees there regularly feed them and the kits, they are overly familiar with humans.

Several have to be shooed away from cars too because they like to lay down on the warm hoods on cooler months.

We had several harmless run ins with them where they drink from her dog's outdoor water bowl or approach us whenever we pass by with carry-out food.
>>
It's fine to not want completely wild animals come up to you. Doesn't mean they are rabid. Help yourself and them by scaring them away. It's not unusual for wild animals to be 'comfortable' with humans. This is normal in urban areas or where a wild animal has had no issue in encroaching. They just want food and peace, but by enabling that you are teaching them its ok to be around humans. Plenty of people will be happy for it to be in a yard, but if it bites anyone because people don't realize it's not a little puppy, or starts going after pets because you have lowed it to be comfortable around people then its a problem. These are wild animals trying to live and if they feel comfortable in a human setting, that's where they will go. If you care about them you will scare them off. When they see you, make it unpleasant for them. Let them be wary of humans because it's for the best. Seeing a fox could be exciting in some places but if it is so urban it's more likely to cause panic among people and mean the death of it.

I love seeing wild animals but ones that may hurt or bother people since I'm so close to them, I rather then rely on the wild. I'd love to keep the two foxes around here as bros but there has been public complaints so when I see them I make a lot of noise and let my dogs bark. Its better for them if they keep away. This is a big problem with bears because assholes keep feeding them. If ONE hurts a human, possibily a pet, then you can be sure surrounding animals may be shot just to make sure if they got that one animal. By all means feel the danger but even if you don't, discourage them.
>>
I know, fun fun, but should I approach this animal with food or anything, since it has apparently made my neighborhood his home? (I havent seen mama fox anywhere)
>>
update: I went outside with some fish (Im a fishers family) and threw it down periodically towards me, he ate dat up but would not come to my fingers (human scared) so I sat there for about 15 min and then I saw him hunt down 2 mice... the first mouse he only wounded and then went after the second one for the kill

(to be continued)
>>
went out again with my fish, same thing, he would not approach me more then 1 feet, fuck foxes!

I have to get another pet :/
>>
>>2209375
>>2209295
>>
>>2209371
>asks for advice
>"don't feed it!"
>feeds it
>>
>>2209371
Are you retarded?
>>
>>2210737

I empathize with him. I know how much comfort food can give an animal, especially when wounded, ill or otherwise physically challenged.

Seeing such a critter when there is nothing I can do to improve its situation, my instinct would be to provide comfort too.

I understand the alternative view. But when we are as helpless to assist the animal as the animal is itself, I can't find compassion in letting the creature suffer weakness and mental collapse from starvation also.

Sometimes its *how* you feed it, so it doesnt associate discovery of food with a specific cause.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.