[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat got hit by a car. Cheer me up, /an/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: kitty.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
kitty.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
My cat got hit by a car. Cheer me up, /an/.
>>
>>2209139
>outdoor cat owner wants to be cheered up when he kills his cat

no.
>>
>>2209141
>>2209140
Fuck you. I didn't do shit, the cat wouldn't fucking come in.
>>
>>2209150
He was an outdoor cat, he would meow for hours if he didn't go outside.
>>
>>2209153
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>2209151
You should have been smarter than your cat. And you should have played with him more. He wanted to go outside because he was bored.
>>
>>2209141
>>2209150
>>2209153
>>2209159
Get a job
>>
>>2209140
Congrats, you're a neglectful asshole who intentionally killed his cat.
>>
>>2209155
You're the one looking for sympathy when you intentionally killed your cat. You fuck off.
>>
o wow, u cant even take care of a cat lmao????????? how useless are u
>>
>>2209140
My bad meant to reply to OP
>>
>>2209139
Wow harsh crowd its a cat. The shelters around here dont put down dogs cause people want them they put down thousands of cats. Go get another cat.
>>
>>2209139
Cheered up yet, asshole?
>>
>>2209176
>intentionally killed your cat

No I fucking didn't, kill yourself.
>>
>>2209193
Am I supposed to chase the fucking cat around the yard while it runs around?
>>
>>2209192
Unless it accidentally was let outside, there's no way this was an accident. If you intentionally let your cat outside then you are accepting the fact that it may get poisoned, run over, etc. your fault.
>>
>>2209194
Try not letting it out in the first place dumbfuck.
>>
Dont listen to these haters. Their all dog-brained.

Cats are independent and need to be outside to live a full and healthy life.

Cats can come back from injuries.
>>
>>2209202
If by "full life" you mean less than five years, sure.
>>
File: sacha.jpg (32KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
sacha.jpg
32KB, 448x545px
>>2209176
>>
>>2209198
Oh so your the faggot who wants to harm cats because of [insert justification here]. Sorry but you have no place owning a pet.

>destroy local flora and fauna
Obviously you dont understand how animal niches work. If the cat isnt present in the ecosystem then something else evolves to fill its niche. Except for rare occasions like in australia. But just because a cat fills a niche better than anything else does not mean it deserves to die any more than the creatures its displacing. That would be picking favourites and is anti-evolution.
>>
>>2209205
>you mean less than five years

What a load of myth.
>>
>>2209144
Hope you never get kids.

>b-but he wanted to drink drain cleaner! what should i have done?
>>
you should be thrown in prison for neglecting your cat. did u really think cats have 9 lives???????????
>>
>>2209213
>does not mean it deserves to die any more than the creatures its displacing
yes, it does :) no need to pity invasive species
>>
>>2209215
It takes two seconds to google "average lifespan of outdoor cat".
>>
>>2209228
>plont

it's funny how that sounds like a turd dropping into toilet water
>>
>>2209235
Since we're not Indians, I would think so.
>>
>>2209224
>>If the cat isnt present in the ecosystem
>domestic cats aren't part of any ecosystem.

Everything is part of the ecosystem idiot.

>there's 25 currently in danger due to cats

Picking favourites again.

>just because a cat fills a niche better than anything
33+ species have gone extinct,

99% of all species that have ever existed are extinct. By your logic we should be killing humans to save buffalo.

>cats are the most destructive pest species on earth,

Thats wrong considering that 99% of all species are extinct.

>they're not even comparable to any individual rat species, canetoads and locusts combined.

Orphaned conclusion. I suppose you expect me to take that to be true just because you said it.

>half the human population is infected with the same parasite linked to
So we should kill cats and not he parasite, thats your argument?

>>2209226
>no need to pity invasive species

Except that is wrong. You should value all life. Not simply pick and choose the flavour of the day. I dont suppose you can offer any evidence that these endangered species are more valuable than cats, rather than being rarer. Of cource you cant, because all life is valuable.

>>2209227
>It takes two seconds to google "average lifespan of outdoor cat"

I dont know where you get your facts, but my grandparents cat was an outdoor cat and he had to be put down due to old age. Perhapse your statistic only applies to one part of the world, and not europe.

I bet people would live forever if you put them in a hospital and attached a drip to their arm like a coma patient. Zero risk. However thats no life atall.
>>
OP's cat is just like bugguy's dog: dead.
>>
>>2209267
Oh, good.
>>
>>2209262
>99% of all species that have ever existed are extinct. By your logic we should be killing humans to save buffalo.
And by yours we should just kill everything in our way.

>I suppose you expect me to take that to be true just because you said it.
he'll cite google, just wait for it.

>You should value all life.
kys, hippie

>my grandparents was an outdoor cat...
anecdotal evidence
>>
>leaving animal outside
>>
>>2209276
>And by yours we should just kill everything in our way.

>>You should value all life.
>kys, hippie

Looks like someone has cognitive dissonance.

>>my grandparents was an outdoor cat...
>anecdotal evidence

Son, your google search aint worth much more than anecdote. Even before you realise it all of 2nd hand sources and you come to terms with the fact its from low credibility media webcites.

You want to prove it, get a source from a medical journal. And even after all that, your still wrong because:

>>"I bet people would live forever if you put them in a hospital and attached a drip to their arm like a coma patient. Zero risk. However thats no life atall."

>>2209278
>>Everything is part of the ecosystem
>domesticated animals aren't part of any ecosystem.

Try explaining that to natural selection idiot.

>>Picking favourites
>those 25 species are JUST the birds.
Thats still picking favourits rudypoo.

>cats are the only host of it, it can't reproduce without cats.
Aids cant reproduce without humans or monkies, are you saying we should kill them too? This is a circular argument fallacy.

Well im about done proving you wrong, although im sure i could make a lifes work out of it.
>>
>>2209306
I'd rather have toxoplasmosis than be Euroscum, tbqh.
>>
>>2209315
>get a source from a medical journal
>about fucking cats

See, this is why nobody takes you seriously. You're probably a high school dropout, so I won't even bother reading the whole post. But seriously, do kys.
>>
>>2209320
>You're probably a high school dropout,

Nice strawman fallacy.

You must be so smart.

Fine, substitute the word medical for scientific.
>>
>>2209336
>Nice strawman fallacy.

Nice fallacy fallacy.
>>
>>2209340
Nice Necessary and Sufficient conditions confusion fallacy.

It is necessary that you argue logically, but it is only sufficient if you havent made any fallacies. Which you have. So your argument is insufficient.

Pro tip, if your fallacy has a smaller fallacy within it, then it is illogical.

You cant google your way out of this one. You actually have to have studied critical thinking and debating.
>>
File: 1471805272301.png (156KB, 362x259px) Image search: [Google]
1471805272301.png
156KB, 362x259px
>>2209358
>You actually have to have studied critical thinking and debating.
>thinks medical jourals publish papers about cats
>>
>>2209360
Another straw man is your only refuge.

Anyway, i have to go to bed now.

Why dont you go and jump in front of a cat.
>>
>>2209262
Just because YOUR cat got old, doesn't mean that that is typical. It is far more likely that an outdoor cat will die young; that is simply a fact that dumbass cat owners choose to ignore.
>>
OP, your first mistake was responding to a tripfag
>>
File: 1472745150913.png (260KB, 433x408px) Image search: [Google]
1472745150913.png
260KB, 433x408px
While plont is a MASSIVE retard most of the time, this is one thing I will always agree with him on.

Cats are not outside pets, you were being irresponsible and lazy by doing so. If you're going to unleash your highly destructive pest animal out into the wild because you're too damned lazy to play with it properly, at least acknowledge that it is a small animal susceptible to predators, disease, injury, poisoning, and death via traffic.

Entire species shouldn't be going extinct just because you and people like you don't know how to properly manage an animal.

Nobody will feel bad for you or your dead cat because you're a shitty pet owner and your pet was allowed to go around and kill wildlife.
>>
>>2209434
/thread

Hope you got the consolation you were looking for OP. Now fuck off.
>>
>>2209434
>cats are not outside pets
Well honestly are there any pets that are outside pets in the sense that people treat cats? Just let them go ANYWHERE? Because inevitably that's what happens once a cat gets outside. You really can't contain it with a normal fence. I don't know anyone with a parrot that lets their parrot fly around anywhere and come back, a ferret that gets to burrow and come back, etc. Even outside pets have their own impenetrable enclosures.
>>
>>2209140

I'm an anti-outside cat activist as well but there's no need to jump to conclusions. Maybe she was going to the vet and accidentally got loose or ran out when the door opened,
>>
>>2209184
guess you dont have pittbulls where you live
>>
>>2209507
He was an outdoor cat, but he was inside and ran out when I opened the door and ran off.
>>
>>2209507
This irresponsible shit already admitted to neglecting his pet.
>>
>>2209514
>neglecting

the fuck did I do that was neglectful?
>>
>>2209521
Letting it outside unsupervised. If you STILL don't understand why that's neglectful after causing the death of your cat, then please please please never get another animal.
>>
>>2209523
.t someone who's never owned a cat.
>>
G-guys maybe there should be a sticky about outdoor cats. I don't know the law in US but in my country it's fairly clear that outdoor cat is an outlaw.

Maybe something like this too
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/cats/tips/cat_happy_indoors.html
>>
File: 1468927087362.gif (2MB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468927087362.gif
2MB, 208x200px
ITT: a bunch of parasite-riddled retards try to justify OP intentionally getting their cat killed
>>
File: 1465180604947.gif (889KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465180604947.gif
889KB, 356x200px
>>2209480
The only pet that I can think of that can be let to roam free outside are chickens. Dogs apply too, though only if they're properly trained to stay in the yard. And that's not to say the dog should be kept out there, just that it can be trusted to stay in your yard if trained correctly. Even then, that's something I wouldn't do unless I was on watch during.

And cats can be let outside, only if the outside area they can access is properly enclosed.

>You really can't contain it with a normal fence
Then either take proper precautions or don't let your cat outside.

My grandmother used to live beside a woman with lots of cats that she let outside. However, her yard was enclosed, and the fence she had up possessed an inward-facing rail at the top that prevented the cats from escaping. THAT'S how you properly allow a cat to go outside.

Letting a cat free is actively allowing your pet to be put into harm's way, and allowing it to slaughter native wildlife that should be filling an ecological niche as opposed to becoming a plaything for somebody's improperly maintained pet.

I don't know why the fuck anybody would claim to care about their pet and then unapologetically let the bastard run around in the wild and around roads. Like I seriously cannot understand why you'd want to risk that if you actually care about the animal. It's your responsibility to know what's best for the cat, and even if the little nigger wants outside, you should know that it's unsafe and unethical to let it do so, and take the neccesary precautions to ensure your cat is stimulated in a safe environment.

>Even outside pets have their own impenetrable enclosures
Okay? And? If you're going to categorize your cat under the "outside pet" label, then why would it be any different? Build a fucking impenetrable enclosure for your cat if you want it outdoors so badly. If anything, they're more deserving of it than most other outdoor animals due to the threat they pose to wildlife
>>
>>2209528
t. someone with a highway pancake cat
>>
>>2209139
my friend got hit by a car on thursday,,,,, he's dead now because the pussy who hit him ran
>>
>>2209530

I wish this board had a sticky Animal Identification General. I can't count how many "What breed is my dog?" or "What is this bug?" threads we get per month. It could also use something against outside cat discussions as well. Many stupid anons who don't visit /an/ much come here expecting us to dry their tears when their outside cat gets bitten by a snake and get mad when they learn most people on here are against outside cats vividly.
>>
>>2209528
You've never cared for a cat. Letting it roam free isn't caring for it.
>>
>>2209540
>and the fence she had up possessed an inward-facing rail at the top that prevented the cats from escaping. THAT'S how you properly allow a cat to go outside.

This is so rediculouse and insane.

I live in Britian and almost every cat is an outside cat.

And as ive previously mentioned, they may survive longer if contained in the home, but thats no kind of life. Humans may live longer if paralysed and fed by a tube, but thats no kind of life.

Cats deserve to go outside, they WANT to go outside, they want to explore, have a territory and fuck other cats.

Your whole argument is wrapped up in this bias that cats are a pest. If you removed that, you would automatically see no reason to trap them inside.
>>
>>2209151

You hypothetically could have taken him out on supervised excursions instead of allowing him to roam at large.

My cat spends about an hour outside every day--supervised, so he doesn't...you know, get hit by a car. Fancy that.

That said, I am sorry for your loss.
>>
>>2209561
/adv/ wanted a sticky too for a while

This website is at the level of near abandonment when it comes to anything less than CP level of illegal
>>
AHHHHHHHHHH OUTDOOR CAT
FUCK IT LYNCH IT ALLALMKLMNKLOVSKVKS
ABLMVKEMNSVDFN SJLOVN DSV LODFSKLOV DFS V DFSXNVDEFRSNVSJKLOVN FSV JKLODFS VJ FSN JV NDFSDJK
KILL KILL KILL IT!
EATS THE BONE!
FUCK MY GUN! ABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABA!

Shitposting aside OP is a fucking dumbass for being a neglectful owner.
>>
Also if you're so hellbent on your cat getting exercise then play with it or get an another pet that can play with it like a ferret or another cat.
>>
If a cat lived inside it's whole life and died of natural causes would /an/ implode?
>>
>>2209139
>My cat was unintentionally doomed from the start. Cheer me up, /an/.
Just go get another and kill it all over again.
>>2209233
>>2209316
Lmao
>>2209434
>>2209452
This.
>>2209513
Trying to get away from your neglectful boring ass.
>>2209532
>>2209546
>>2209569
Lmao /an/
>>2209551
Meow.
>>2210003
Na, it happens. /an/ mostly picks on the whiny owners that don't understand why their cat that hangs out in the neighbor's yard got mauled by the neighbor's dog or shit like op or the classic "my cat keeps bringing me dead birds to my door, are they lovely presents? does it want to feed me because it loves me?".
>>
File: Dog ate scorpion.jpg (180KB, 811x1082px) Image search: [Google]
Dog ate scorpion.jpg
180KB, 811x1082px
>>2209926
They are allowed to go outside so long as the owner took precaution with the fences. All animals need fences otherwise you're risking their safety
>>
>>2209970
I just want to add that you need to get a young ferret and have it grow up living with a cat for them to get along. If you do then they can become great playmates.
>>
You're a piece of shit.
>>
All fascist shills pushing for pro-neuter anti-free roaming animals (except agressive dogs ofc) need to be shot in the head
>>
>>2212235
Hey, if you want to let your shitty cat outside go for it. Just don't fucking whine when it gets run over because you didn't care enough to take care of it
>>
>>2212242
>if you love your pet you will keep it inside against its judgment and you will surgically remove its reproductive organs so his hormone levels and endocrinian system are fucked :^)
>>
>>2212244
Like I said, go ahead and let your shitty pet outside, just don't whine wh it gets run over because *you* allowed it to be run over
>>
>>2212248
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>2212252
>guilty catfag detected
>>
>>2212255
>10c a post
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.