[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are hippos gentle giants?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (58KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 450x250px
Are hippos gentle giants?
>>
Yeah they'll let you walk right up and hug them and then they'll kill you.
>>
I think I would rather take my chances with crocodiles.
>>
>>2208982

Like elephants, they aren't necessarily prone to aggression *when on friendly terms*. For instance, zoo keepers can train them to voluntarily open their mouths so they can work on their teeth without putting up a fuss (zoo keeper stands behind hefty metal gate when doing this though). However, and it's a big however, they are extremely territorial and will kill you dead real bad if you're in their territory or they decide you're a threat to themselves or their young or they decide they don't like you. Wild hippos are responsible for the most number of large mammal on human deaths in africa.
>>
>>2208982
Absolutely fucking not.
>>
File: 1470816681221.png (356KB, 675x750px) Image search: [Google]
1470816681221.png
356KB, 675x750px
>>2208982
they kill you just because they want to. If a croc is making a ruckus eating something beside them, they will likely chomp that fucker in half. They also follow the things they want to kill for miles... so no anon
>>
File: 1463778243254.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1463778243254.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>2208982
>regularly resort to cannibalism just because they can
>incredibly stupid and vicious, will attack and chase anything for no reason
>caused more modern human deaths than any predator
bout as gentle as mike brown
>>
>>2208982
Aren't they also pretty bad at killing their babies?
Like the mother hippo has to birth alone and introduce the baby to the pod, and hope it doesn't get killed...
>>
Is this essentially a replacement for 'cassowaries are friendly and honorable house guests' ?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.