[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 12 gallon fish tank, is there anything I can keep in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 12gallon.jpg (91KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
12gallon.jpg
91KB, 650x650px
I have a 12 gallon fish tank, is there anything I can keep in here that isn't a fish?

Google says it doesn't have enough ventilation for anything else.
>>
If you're open to stuff that's aquatic, sure.

That's the craziest top I've ever seen though. It's like max security for fish.
>>
>>2205894
It comes straight off, I could replace it with like mesh I guess.
I was thinking maybe mice would be happy in it? Would it even need a lid with a mouse?

So many questions
>>
Shrimp for one. Fun to watch in my opinion and come in all sorts of colors. I dont think a 12G is big enough for a bigger crayfish but don't see why some of the dwarf crays wont fit. Crabs too if you are interested in having a dry spot on the tank and then an aquatic area.

Basically vertebrates. Or just do a planted tank, plants like anubias and java fern are 0 difficulty and 0 maintenance.
>>
>>2205897
I kind of wanted something I could handle maybe every once in a while. It would be a nice change since I have another fish tank and have kept fish all my life
>>
>>2205901
It might be a little too crowded for mice. You could get away with 2 or 3 dwarf lizards in there. Plants + shrimp is great, little maintaince and you can easily put 10-15 cherry shrimp without probs. You can also try insects but you're gonna need to make sure the insects don't escape. Another option is to make a vivarium strictly for plants (as in land plants) its going to need a little more maintenance since there is no drainage and its going to be kept indoors but if you can keep it by the window, semi aquatic plants can grow easily.
>>
>>2205930
Sorry but I don't want shrimp, I have about 40 in my 20 gallon. Thank you for your help I think I am going to get a frog, or maybe a few gold mountain minnows, though I would have to order the fish.
>>
>>2205941
If you're going the fish route use AQAdvisor.com to calculate how to stock the tank.

Depending on how experienced you are, you can keep a shit tom of stuff in there. Make it a community tank with snails, inverts, and fish including tetras, mollies, corys, ottos, etc, or you can make a badass species tank with only one fish in it, like a butterfly fish (freshwater).

You can make some pretty nifty marine setups with limite space, though I don't have much knowledge on that domain.

I think overall small tanks are funner to work with since you have a smaller number of possibilities to work with and it's almost like a living diorama of sorts.

Also if you want herps: smaller snakes, especially corns, could do well, but that might be pushing it. Leopard geckos can probably do well, maybe cresties too. There is no shortage of frogs which could live in there, aquatic or terrestrial, and a lot of small newts and sallies too.

Obviously a fuckton of inverts, terrestrial and aquatic, will be right at home in there. Scorpions, roaches, spiders, centipedes, millipedes, mantids... Maybe velvet worms if you're feeling exotic.
>>
>>2205896
>mouse
Bigger would be better, and yes you would absolutely need a lid for a mouse.
>>
>>2205985
What about blind snakes?
>>
>>2205890
if you dont like shrimp or fish, but still wanna go aquatic, you could try like 5 african dwarf frogs, or 3 firebelly newts, 3 firebelly toads. With the toads and newts, you could even do it semi aquatic.

if you go terrestrial, there's countless options that have already been named here.
>>
>>2206022
>>2206022
Blind snakes do terribly in captivity, and would be extremely boring even if they didn't die.
>>
axolotl
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.