[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He doesn't own a Shiba Inu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (140KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 799x599px
>He doesn't own a Shiba Inu
>>
I wonder how many of these are sitting in shelters now that the doge meme has run its course
>>
>>2204917
Send one my way I think they're adorable.
>>
>>2204931
And just give it to a different shelter to save you about 6 months of hell.
>>
>>2204932
My homeboys acts like a cat and is well mannered, is that not the norm?
>>
>>2204933
They are hyperactive, incredibly difficult to train, stubborn as fuck, need a good amount of exercise, and when not sufficiently stimulated they get destructive.

Sounds like your mate is good with dogs. You need a strong hand for a shiba.
>>
>>2204908
Because I'm not a weeb.

Any non-Japs owning this dog are weebshitters who got a meme dog
>>
Shibes are adorable as fuck and have really cool personalities, but they're hell to train apparently. Seems like it'd be a good pet after you've had a few under your belt.
>>
>>2204908
>he owns the edgiest of all dogs to make up for his 2-inch cock and testosterone deficiency
When I grow up I want to have as many plastic anime figures as you
>>
>>2204917
Quite a few actually. You'd be surprised how much their worth drops off when people get them second hand and as adults.

Also they are really independent dogs... Meaning they could care less if I was petting them or even in the same room. Every Shiba I met so far will bite you if you try to even budge it to do something it doesn't want to. But that may be part of the reason that they were surrendered.
>>
>>2204908

>ill mannered hell hound

no thanks desu. my pitbull is nicer
>>
>>2204945
It's odd because since I see these guys everywhere, I have never see any of this behavior you speak of. My friends own them and I get to spend time with these little pancake faces. They are quiet and well behaved, and not hyper at all. I am wondering if the western shibas are breed differently, or?
>>
>>2205208
>dogs are more compatible with the people who breed them for millennia
no shit Sherlock
Haskies/laikas as another good example.
>>
>>2205108
>you're only allowed to own a breed native to your country
Looks like the 'muricans are screwed out of their labs and goldens then.
>>
>>2205138
Nah that's Siberian Huskies.
>>
>>2205139
Do you know what they're like compared to JRTs/PRTs?
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 600x600px)
image.jpg
141KB, 600x600px
>>2204908
>>2205108
Seems like the Shiba is the best 'wolf like' Spitz dog for a guy living in an apartment in a city. There are a lot of nice Nordic Spitz dogs but most of them are bred for hunting and excessive barking. This is a Finnish Spitz and it is able to bark as much as 160 times per minute. Seems like a bad choice unless you're really experienced with dogs. I'm looking for nice Spitz dogs and Shiba just seems best atm.
>>
>>2207120
Eurasier? They were bred to be easy pets.
>>
I love cats and dogs but a dog described as cat-like is bad news.
>>
>>2207120
I wish there was a shiba like breed, not barky but with fur like a pinscher. double coat is such a hassle. other small spitz breeds have long fur. pinschers have floppy ears.
>>
>>2207150
Independent like a shiba? Basenji maybe?
>>
>>2207120
I have an American Eskimo. Very friendly, smart dogs, and even though I adopted her as an old gal she went from spoiled and untrained to the opposite almost immediately. Took me less than a month and she has picked up on new commands within a day. She is a spitz but they vary a lot. American Eskimos, poms, etc they want your attention and easily go for treats but it takes much more with a shiba. They do want they want, when they want. Just giving them a treat or petting them might no do it, because they don't really give a shit. Shiba inus also worse than just bark. Squealing, high pitched whines that sound like you're beating them to death.

American Eskimos do bark a fuck ton though. Maybe if I got to raise my dog I could have done better, and she still has vastly improved(she grew up with a neurotic jack Russel, and removed from that dog she settled) so someone just has to tell her to shut up or be quiet.
>>
>>2204917
I think about this all the time and feel bad for the dogs.

The shiba market is too volatile. I went long on border collies and corgis and haven't looked back.
>>
>>2207148
>>2207161
Both pretty nice, thick fur tho.
>>
>>2205194
>my pitbull is nicer
t. a nigger
>>
>>2207161
>American Eskimos do bark a fuck ton though.
that's what barking collars are for
>>
>>2207240
Thick fur isn't too bad. My dog will go out of her way to roll in whatever filth she can find, seems stronger for her when it's after a bath. A good brushing once a week and a trip to the groomers once a month helps. Doesn't help that she hates being groomed but she is behaved enough not to cause a problem. Shedding is an issue once a year or so but I also vacuum every two days or so which I'm sure makes it less noticeable to me. I have cats and dogs, I love them but I need the upkeep.
>>
>>2207378
Didn't work. Tried citrus sprays and vibrations. Vibration didn't help and the spray was too random whether or not she just yawned. She is an alert dog. Not stressed or aggressive. She loves to sit I'm the middle of the yard and just listen. In the house she is very calm. But once someone knocks, rings the doorbell, she will lose it. She will shut up as long as someone tells her its ok, to shut up, etc and even if it's someone she knows she wants to investigate. One smell and she as all a love, even if it is a stranger. I'm lucky enough to have lived one the time I got her to have someone who is around to tell her it's ok. If she was out in the yard with no one home I think it could be a problem but for the past six years she will bark, but it's never been long. I got locked out of the house last week and had to ring the doorbell. She barked only a few times. That is probably the best I will get. We will still try and have but in her age and breed we have realized that this is something we will always have to be on top of. I would have looked it up beforehand but we didn't plan to have her. It was a sudden 'i have to move and if no one takes this dog we will put it doesn't kinda thing. She is all around a perfect, lovely dog aside from that and it's been worth it.
>>
>>2205313
JRTs are often a lot more off the wall, more prone to being obese, and are much more people orientated than Shibas. Sometimes they aren't the most outgoing but I've never met a JRT that was as aloof or more than a Shiba. So big difference in personality. As far as raw energy goes, they probably need around the same but the JRTs are hyper, so it will seem like They need more.

Shibas are quiet, and JRTs usually come in loud because they are ill trained and have been neglected for however long. They can be trained, people just don't bother to
>>
>>2207567
I have JRTs so I think the only concern I have with Shibas is the trainability. I like to teach tricks and stuff (not overly concerned with recall, I have a long line for that)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.