[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Pet Story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: j6rcTVcYUC.jpg (21KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
j6rcTVcYUC.jpg
21KB, 400x220px
Share us the story of your first pet /an/!
>>
My first pet was a red Betta fish named "Nemo" when I was... Well, I'm 20 and this was after Finding Nemo so I must have been eight at tops. I saw him at the mall and begged my mom to get him. A few weeks later she did. I remember he was in one of those very small fish tanks they sell fish in. We didn't know better so we kept him in it, cleaned him every few days, and fed him.

Needless to say he died within a few months. I remember he died a week or so before Christmas.
>>
Adopted poodle named Buffy. This was well before the vampire slayer tv show/movie, haven't a clue what the story behind the name was. She previously lived with an elderly woman who was no longer able to care for her.

Not very friendly dog. She bit me a few times. I was quite young so I don't remember if I did anything to piss her off.
>>
>Be roughly 7 (I think? Was in second grade)
>Go to county fair
>win goldish in that "throw ball into this small cup" shit
>was about an inch at best
>name him Adam
>Talk mom into taking me to pet store the next day after school
>get a 20 gallon or so tank
>Bare bottom, HOB filter, and air stone
>feed him every other day
>eventually get a grey loach of some kind and a calico goldfish
>3 fish, I end up getting close to them as a kid
>fast forward about 5-6 years
>Adam is now about 6 inches long, 2 tall
>Creeper (the loach) and Cal (Calico (sidenote:lel) are both more or less full-sized
>add guppies
>Adam eats a majority of them, others die in filter
>everyone dies in tank despite proper care
>Literally cry and bury them all.
>Except the guppies. Fuck them.

Fun fact: as he was changing color with age, I actually thought he was dying and called a local vet. My mom still gets a kick outta that.

I was kind of a stupid kid until about 16, really.
>>
> be around 5 years old
> dad brings home a sick German shepherd puppy
> his co-worker was going to get rid of it because parvo
> dad decides he'll nurse it back
> soon the puppy gets better
> super healthy obedient German Shepherd
> loves my dad never leaves his side unless he's keeping an eye on me
> best dog ever
> one day dog is chilling in the frontyard with me and my dad some guy walks up and ask if we are willing to sell the dog
> dad says no he's not for sale sorry
> guy comes back a few more time trying to bribe dad
> dad gets frustrated tells the guy off
> few weeks later spike goes missing
> so many tears shed
> never ran away in the 5 years we've had him
> dad suspects guy
> never saw him again
> missed him so much
>>
>be 5
>mom buys me tadpole
>name him jessie
>just starting to grow legs
>come downstairs for breakfast one morning
>mom tells me she found Jessie dead as she was cleaning his tank out
>flush Jessie down the toilet

>literally 10 years later told me she killed Jessie by leaving him out on the windowsill an accident while cleaning her bowl

I have another
>be 12
>good friend has a cute hamster
>ask my parents for a hamster
>get a girl, name her blackberry
>really early on, blackberry starts biting me
>mom tell me I have to hold and play with her to get blackberry to like me
>she keeps biting me
>family friend also gets bitten by her
>anytime I put blackberry in her ball she just pees everywhere
>eventually blackberry stays in a small corner of her cage with her bedding surrounding her
>doesn't leave fort for weeks
>eventually give her back to the pet store

We aren't good with pets
>>
>>2204539
>hazel the dog
>collie/spaniel/whatever mix. brown and white, beautiful girl in my eyes.
>we became like sisters
>jumped off a waterfall
>lived
>when we travelled she'd snuggle up on me on a chair, bench, whatever
>in a strange sleeping place, she'd lie on my bed
>barked and growled at dustbins, bless her heart she was blind as hell.
>she would lie her head on my shoulder, i'd call her to me and she'd relax completely.
>she would jump up and growl at my mother whenever she tried to hit me or yell at me. very protective

>the day she had to be put down, i carried her into the vets, she shit on the vet in fear, i held her and told her it was all okay, she went peacefully enough and i couldn't say a word to the vet.
>paid on my card for her body to be turned to ashes, walked outside and cried.

she died the same day as this movie clip was shown on gmtv or whatever it was, to promote the movie, so i'll always remember the year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWXw8STaFlM
>>
>got a dog as a puppy
>he was super chill and awesome
>got to be about 2.5 months old
>turned into a fucking monster
>taking forever to become potty trained
>teething like crazy and will try and bite and chew literally everything
>cute as hell but acts like a little bitch a lot

Can't wait for the months and years to pass so he's not a puppy any more. Fuck puppies
>>
>be 7 or 8 (I'm 20)
>I don't remember why but I wanted a Beagle (maybe I read Shiloh or saw Cats and Dogs?)
>beg parents to buy me one from local pet store
>we get a female puppy
>the pet store was crap and lied to us about washing her
>she was covered in dirt when we brought her home
>it was fine for a while but my mom is neurotic about keeping everything clean and orderly so she eventually decided she didn't want the dog running around the house
>either kept her in my dads room or kept her tied to his door with a weewee pad next to her
>she often didn't use the pad and usually tore it up
>she howled a lot
>before she was even 1, my parents gave her up because she was "too difficult" and loud

My parents suck at owning dogs. I barely even got to touch her. I feel nostalgic for my puppy so maybe I'll adopt a Beagle. I am unsure. I have researched them and I don't know if I could handle one.
>>
>>2205851
aw anon i'm sorry.
>>
A cute brown hamster. We had his cage outside and a bird took away his head.
>>
File: babydog pic.jpg (181KB, 816x459px) Image search: [Google]
babydog pic.jpg
181KB, 816x459px
>2nd grade, spring break, going to park with mom, best friend, sister and best friends mom
>driving down a street in not the best part of town
>see some sort of animal trying to cross the road
>think it's a cat, get super excited because as a kid I always wanted a cat
>me, best friend and sister beg our moms to pull over and get the dog
>my mom gives in, stops the car, grabs the dog and gives her to us
>every kid in the car is excited, we all start petting her and thinking of names
>shes pretty scrawny, but I didn't mind
>go to the park, give her water and food and let her pee
>eventually my mom has to decide whether or not we keep the dog or give her to a shelter, I beg her to let us keep her (even though we already had 3 other dogs at the time)
>she gives in, we bring her home, I show her to my dad and tell him as a joke that she's his early birthday present (he never let me live that down whenever I said she was my dog)
>eventually settle on a name, I decide on naming her "BabyDog", my parents think its cute
>I'm so excited to have a new dog all of my own, I spent as much time as possible playing outside with her and being around her
>she bonds very well with our older doberman, max
>5 years later, 7th grade
>babydog is my best friend, she was with me through a lot of hard times, going to a new middle school in 7th grade was hard, but I always looked forward to coming home and seeing how happy she was to see me
>I love her so much, I couldn't imagine not being able to fall asleep with her every night
>get a cat in october of 7th grade, they actually become really great friends
>by 7th grade babydog isn't doing so well
>she keeps getting more and more bloated (parents said she had a tumor)
>one day come home
>babydog isn't at the door to greet me
>"hey dad did you put babydog outside?"
>parents come in
>tell me they had to put babydog down
>start crying, everyone was there at the vet except for me, my sister didn't have school so she got to be there for her
>>
File: babydog.jpg (62KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
babydog.jpg
62KB, 716x960px
>>2205906
>I didn't get to say goodbye one last time
>get upset, ask them why they didn't tell me or take me out of school
>don't get a straight answer
>lock myself in my room
>cry while holding her toys and favorite blanket
>don't go to school the next day
my parents didn't tell me why they didn't let me know they were doing that until I got upset about it recently, said that "I shouldn't have to experience something like that so young"
I should have at least been able to say goodbye, or not be waiting to see her when I opened the door on my way home from school
It's strange but even now I miss her so much, this is a shitty greentext and I'm sorry, I teared up while writing this
I really loved her so much, she was my best friend for so long. pics related, first one is one of the few pics I have of her, I kept it hanging up in my closet and now I keep it with her ashes, second pic is one my mom took with her in my moms jacket, my mom always joked about her looking like a rat, I didn't care, she was the best little rat in the world! she was such an energetic and happy pup, even when she was in pain. I wish she could have been here longer, we could have grown up together.
>>
>>2205909
She was lucky to have someone who loved her so much anon, sucks you couldn't be there but the life you gave her made up for it. Lucky you were driving down thew road when you were or she might not have had such a pleasant end.

My first dog was a rescue pup, love her more than life, don't know what I'm gonna do when it's her time, she's almost 10 now.
>>
>was around 8 at the time
>go to fair
>there's that game where they've got a bunch of bowls filled with water
>some bowls (probably was like 20% of them) have a goldfish in them
>if you toss a ping pong ball into a bowl with a fish, you win it
>end up winning a goldfish
>named it "Goldie" since I was a pretty creative little shit, obviously
>bring it home, got some fish food for it, and a nice little tank
>week later it's dead since, well, it's a fish that I won at a fair
>go out and bury it in the garden
>some stray cat probably dug it up or something and ate it
>didn't really care and went back to watching TV

RIP in pieces, Goldie. I never had a bond to you.
>>
>>2206188
thank you so much for your reply, I'm so lucky to have had her in my life and to have gotten to keep her. she was a really great pup, I really appreciate your reply, it's very kind thank you.

I hope your rescue still has a few more good years left and I hope that in the end it isn't too hard on you, I'm sure she is so happy to have been able to live her life with you
>>
it's not a happy story, i'd rather not
>>
File: 997449_1244161729.jpg (26KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
997449_1244161729.jpg
26KB, 300x225px
>>2204539

>Grew up on a farm, tons of animals all the time. Horses, dogs, cats, rabbits, sheep.
>Tons of 'house pets'.
>Never really bonded to them.
>Move to a city because my moms father is dying.
>2 years prior we went to a beach with them (grandparents) and they found a grey dsh, assumption was a Russian Blue.
>They named her Sadie, (I was 6, I spelled it "Saddie")
>Grandfather dies, and 'wills' my sister and I his cat.
>At first not really sure what to think. Cat was a huge priss at my grandparents, now suddenly it's like a woman after she is married. Really lets herself go and let loose.
>First night I'm eating sour glazed Tim Bits and doing homework (donut holes for the 'Murricans).
>Cat comes up and steals my Tim Bits.
>Being a child I cry my eyes out at my stolen deliciousness.
>Saddie was indoor/outdoor (fenced in dog kennel, she loved it)
>Would call her in by shaking Tim Bits.
>Cat was so addicted to donuts it's all she'd come to.
>I was 8 I didn't know better.

>Tons of memorable moments, just I remember the Tim Bits thing the most.

>Had Saddie from 04-09. She was old when they found her.
>One morning we can't find Saddie.
>She managed to get herself into a locked basement, and in a storage cupboard.
>She looks like all hell, won't move, won't eat, won't respond to our calls, doesn't want Tim Bits.
>Take her to a vet.
>Urinary track infection
>Has extended into her kidneys, they're failing.
>Well fuck, the feels.
>Be 14 at this time, crying like a baby because I felt like I should of known sooner.
>Put her to sleep. The only option at her state then.

>Grieve a cat death for over a year
>TFW it's been 7 years, and I still buy sour glazed timbits and put them on the porch for her every weekend.
>I miss you Saddie.
>>
>>2207886
Sorry to say this Anon, but she's dead. Don't obsess about her.
>>
>>2208027

Oh I'm well aware she's dead.
I was there through the whole euthanization. The cat was the last thing of my grandfathers I had. He loved it to bits. I always felt in some sense I failed him by letting his cat die of kidney failure as a result of UTI. She was a well loved cat, and I just can't see myself getting one any time soon. Leaving her food to me, it's just a mental comfort. She's still very loved by me. However I have 2 dogs, 5 snakes, 70 breeding rats.
>>
When I was about seven, my family got a few hermit crabs for me and my sibs.

We kept them in a tank filled with sand and some gravel. We also noticed that the runt of the trio would always be burrowed deep in the sand, and we'd rarely see it.

Being morons who didn't realize that it was hiding from the others and not knowing that hermit crabs were cannibalistic, we removed the sand so we could see the cute little one more often. We found its remains the next morning.

Still being idiots, we kept the remaining two in the same tank, until inevitably one of them killed the other.

Then, after having killed its comrades, the last one died on its own. Perhaps of loneliness.

There's a moral in there somewhere.
>>
>>2205823
I just all out cried in front of the vet and all of their staff when my dog was put down. No fucks were given. R.I.P. doggo. You were the best.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.