[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pet loss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: Warden.jpg (337KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Warden.jpg
337KB, 2048x1536px
My cat died yesterday. I don't know why. He was 6, healthy. He had regular vet care, no health issues that we knew of, he just died in his sleep at 6 years old. He went peacefully, but I'm still fucked up about it. It came out of seemingly no where.
>>
File: Baby warden.jpg (109KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Baby warden.jpg
109KB, 1200x900px
This is him as a baby, the day I found him outside. I think it's hitting me harder because he died on my moms birthday, and she passed 2 years ago.
>>
I'm sorry for your loss. Life is never fair.
>>
>>2201907
Thank you.
>>
>>2201904
>muh dead kitty
Give it a proper funeral and eat it--he'd do the same for you.
>>
>>2201905
Wow sorry to hear that. My cat is 6 too, I would be devastated.
>>
Indoor or outdoor cat?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>2201921

quality post famalamadingdong
>>
File: 1442334235789.jpg (103KB, 474x599px) Image search: [Google]
1442334235789.jpg
103KB, 474x599px
>>2201921
>>
Sorry for your loss, man. My friend Gloria's cat just died suddenly and it was only two years old and the vet couldn't figure out how the poor thing died without an autopsy. The autopsy would have been thousands and she couldn't afford it. It's so sad.
>>
>>2201950
>>2201957
Nothing edgy about doing for your cat what it'd do for you.
In fact, not eating him would be disrespectful and selfish.
>>
>>2201931
Go away. Have some respect.
>>
>>2202145
If it was an outdoor cat then OP has no room to bitch because he killed his cat.

If indoor, my condolences anon.
>>
>>2201931
He was an indoor cat.
>>
>>2202140
Thank you. Yeah, autopsies are expensive. I wasn't willing to put that much money into it, to find out. He's gone, no reason to do that. I'd rather have the money in case something happens to my other cat. He has an appointment in about a week, just to do some tests because of what happened.
>>
I'm sorry OP, he's a real cutie. Mine just died in May and it still hurts every day. He got kidney failure seemingly out of nowhere and hung on for 4 months but was just too far gone. You could spend the rest of your life wondering what happened to him, if you could have somehow prevented it, but just take comfort in the fact you gave him a good life for 6 years and he loved you. It's a lot more than he would've had if you hadn't found him.
>>
>>2202463
If you keep your cat indoors all the time it may survive longer but it will never truly live.
>>
>>2202463
I don't understand your logic. The cat died in its sleep. It didn't disappear, it didn't get hit by a car, it didn't get poisoned. If it was an outdoor cat, you couldn't have conclusively stated that the cat died because it was an outdoor cat.

Sorry for your loss, OP. I hope he's happy up in kitty Valhalla.
>>
>>2204749
There are plenty of happy indoor cats. As long as you don't treat them like shit they will be happier and live longer.
>>
>>2204757
A cat that cannot know real soil and grass beneath its paws can never truly be happy, merely content.

If you don't live in an area where it is safe to let a cat roam free then it's pure narcissism to keep one only to cage it indoors, get a pet mollusc or something.
>>
>>2204763
Lucky that cats don't know the difference then.
>>
>>2204764
You should probably just rip off their limbs when they're born so they can't hurt themselves jumping off high ledges if that's your attitude towards them.
>>
>>2204763
>it's better to let a cat have no home than to give it a nice home and family

I mean, I hate cats too, but damn.
>>
>>2204769
>what is supply and demand
>>
>>2204763
He didn't like going outside. I tried to let him out into the yard when I went out, but he wouldn't step outside the door. Danny likes to follow me around when I garden, but Warden never liked going out.

>>2204744
Thank you. He was a good boy, he didn't show any sort of signs of being sick. Doesn't really matter what took him, he's gone now. He was happy while I had him, that's what mattered.

>>2204751
lol, I think he'd enjoy that.
>>
>>2201931
>>2202463
>>2204757

Here we have the piece of shit shills pushing for fascistic control of life

>>2204744
>He got kidney failure seemingly out of nowhere

Neutering pets fucks up their metabolism, however hard certain lobbies try to make you think it's healthier for them
>>
>>2206136
>butthurt catfag detected

Did you kill your kitty by leaving it outside unattended? Probably.
>>
Sorry for your loss, stuff happens, life happens, death happens, but you're a good man anon. Pat your other cat from me.
>>
>>2206136
>f-f-facist
What's the matter, ANTIFA-nigger? Mad cause you get your shit pushed in no matter how many of you faggots congregate? Mad cause your perception of reality is objectively wrong? Mad cause you wanna live in a Disney movie and can't? Mad cause the objective universe is fascist and not a hug box?
Yeah, you mad for these reasons and more.
>>
>>2206156
>>2206169
>b...b...but cats are an invasive species! they've been living in Europe for millenia and USA for centuries, they kill all wildlife, all birds!
Ecosystems haven't adapted because cats have just arrived on those continents! and moreover, homeostasis is a myth, pseudoscience!
>oh the poor kitties living in the cold and fleas outside :((( better kill off all outdoor cats and force neutering on those inside :^)

Litterally kill yourselves you stupid pieces of shit

How many pills a day do you take to bear doing the work you do?
Enjoy your reincarnations are battery chicken :)
>>
>>2206962
>butthurt catfag detected

Lemme guess, you're responsible for the death of your poor little kitty because you neglected it and left it outside?
>>
>>2206965
Why do you reverse roles? stupid pieces of shit shills peddling pro-lobbies propaganda try to manipulate people emotionally by repeating stuff like
>omg the poor dying kittens in the cold
>omg the gabazillion birds killed (by a species who's been living there for millenia or centuries: the ecosystem has adapted)
>omg your cat is sad if you don't neuter it

A curse on your head. People who respect animals respect their will to roam free, as it has no fucking impact on wildlife, only on your masters' lobbies' cashflow :^)

Cats are outdoor animals, if they die while roaming, so be it.

Most people are aware of the memes you're propagating, and they don't believe in them.

There is a curse on your head :^)
>>
>>2204749
this is not true. cats can be happy indoors. some cars really love the outdoors, but can be sated with regular walks and/or a catio and lots of playtime. you just have to be a good caring owner.
>>
sorry for your | ||
|| |_
>>
>>2207740
>b...b...but you're baiting!
>b...b...but you're trolling!
>>
>>2204763
This is quite silly. I have 2 cats, one is a former feral who spends 90% of his time outside spring through fall. Does all his business outside. Would go crazy if he couldn't roam around. The other is a former stray. She doesn't like going outside at all. She's free to do it if she wants, we have a cat door, but she never uses it and doesn't follow us outside. She's happiest on a couch with a human and that's fine by me. She's tiny, not a good hunter or fighter, and we have plenty of wild animals and ferals around here who would mess with her if our other cat wandered off for a bit.
>>
>>2201905
Big hugs, OP. Maybe your mom wanted this cat, I'm sure she misses you just as much as you miss her. Maybe life is ready to give you something new. Stay positive.
>>
>>2207164
If you don't care if your cat dies, it's not your cat, it's just a stray. You obviously don't care about it. And to say that cats have no impact on wildlife is idiotic and ignoring facts.
>>
>>2207866
Nice reversal
> I am an animal lover, I genitally mutilate them and make sure that the only breeds available are produced by selected breeders
> I also support genocide of outdoor species of pets because we can't have them free roaming and people adopting some instead of buying them :^)

>>2207887
> Cats have been living on our continents for many centuries and millenia in Europe, they're a threat to wildlife omg don't you see they're an invasive species that was brought here 5 years ago???
> You don't love your cat if you don't buy it from an official breeder, if you don't have it genitally mutilated, and if you let it roam outside :'(((
>>
>>2207993
"Cats are outdoor animals, if they die while roaming, so be it."

You said yourself you wouldn't care if your "pet" dies. Real pet owners actually do what they can to prevent their animals from dying.

And wildcats are a completely different story than the millions of DOMESTIC cats that we have allowed to destroy our wildlife.
>>
File: 1486183531472.jpg (48KB, 522x429px) Image search: [Google]
1486183531472.jpg
48KB, 522x429px
>>2208005
>>
>>2207786
>is a chink gardener
>tries to argue about toxoplasmosis
here we go again
>>
>>2208016
>Real pet owners actually do what they can to prevent their animals from dying.
>Real pet owners actually genitally mutilate their pets and fuck up their hormone production and endocrinian system, because they love them so mucjh!
>Omg domestic cats destroy our wildlife, they've been domesticated since Antiquity in Europe and centuries in the USA, the ecosystem has not adapted in such a small period of time :(((
>>
>>2208066
You let your cats go outside AND you don't get them fixed? You must really hate them and the environment.
>>
>>2208074
>decreasing their lifespan by 91.6%
80% of bugguy's "facts" are made up on the spot
>>
>>2208081
[citation needed]
>>
>>2208021
>>2208084
thanks for confirming pic related

>have no argument
>"you h-h-have to g-google i-it."
>>
Not even bugguy but ffs
Outdoor cats are pests and it should be fucking clear to anyone with common sense that indoor lifestyles are the safest and healthiest way to keep them.

mobilespca.org/Portals/0/downloads/documents/Your%20Cat%E2%80%94Indoors%20or%20Out.pdf
>>
>>2208112
well then find it
>>
>>2207164
>>2206962
>>2206136

I bet you think Democrats and Republicans still represent the majority of American interests.
>>
And to bugguy, I'm not the gun-toting american freedoms asshole, but if you're going to make an assertion, it's on /you/ to provide proof.

Both of you are asshats.
>>
>>2208118
so you still have no source to back up your fantasies? that's exactly your style.
>>
>>2208127
>there's thousands of sources, already pointed out how to find them.
saying "there are sources haha" doesn't count as a source

Thank you for once again demonstrating you're mentally a 12 year old twat.
>>
>>2201904

What the hell happened to this thread.

Anyway, sorry for your loss OP - 6 years is no age for a cat to die out of nowhere.

My cat died in June (on my birthday, no less) at the ripe old age of 18. Seemingly overnight her kidneys exploded and she was way, way beyond any medication. Less than 24 hours between onset of symptoms and when we had to put her down. Shit sucks.

Go to a store where you can print out digital photos and make a little collage or something. It helped ease my pain, anyway.
>>
>>2208137

>What the hell happened to this thread.

buggay.
just report him every time he posts. it's for the common good.
>>
>>2208078
>Real pet owners actually genitally mutilate their pets and fuck up their hormone production and endocrinian system, because they love them so mucjh!
>Omg domestic cats destroy our wildlife, they've been domesticated since Antiquity in Europe and centuries in the USA, the ecosystem has not adapted in such a small period of time :(((

>>2208137
>Anyway, sorry for your loss OP - 6 years is no age for a cat to die out of nowhere.
>My cat died in June (on my birthday, no less) at the ripe old age of 18. Seemingly overnight her kidneys exploded

>out of nowhere
>overnight
>genitally mutilated pets -> chronic imbalances and illnesses

Eh
>>
File: visable confusion.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
visable confusion.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>2201904
let this be a lesson to you, when your pet dies talk to some people you know rather than making a circle jerk thread that either bums people out, attracts edgeposters, makes naive cat owners paranoid, and the stupid fucking "outside vs inside" argument. seriously op, go fuck yourself, talk about your dead pet to some people who actually give a shit.

that wasn't just an insult, go talk to some actual human beings you pathetic neet.
>>
>>2201904
My bro tier cat died of kidney failure a few years back, parents always fed him no name food which probably didn't help at all.

I was with him the night before he died, he was laying on the couch and kept nuzzling up to me, he kept rolling over for belly rubs but I could tell it hurt him tremendously to be touched anywhere on his stomach so I just lightly scratched behind his ears. He kept moaning in pain often but tried his best to roll around and act playful no matter how much I tried to keep him still. I fed him a few treats but he threw those up, even though he obviously loved them.

Then he got up and just sort of started patrolling around the basement, sitting in one spot for 5-10 minutes then sitting in another, then another, like he was trying to take it all in one last time. I must have stayed with him until 6am until I went to bed, when my dad woke me up the next afternoon saying the vet put him down in the morning I wasn't at all surprised. The cat knew it, I knew it, it was his time to go.

TLDR: feed your cats decent fucking food where the first few ingredients are some sort of meat.
>>
>>2207571
My neighbor's cat has no interest in the outdoors. Or moving in general.

Of course he's a ragdoll, and they say that's typical behavior of the breed which is in itself very much not typical of most cats.
>>
>>2208555
>TLDR: feed your cats decent fucking food where the first few ingredients are some sort of meat.

Trips of truth

Neutered pet = kidney problems
>>
>>2208137
>What the hell happened to this thread.
I mostly was just trying to ignore it. There were no signs of illness leading up to him dying. His litter box habits were unchanged, he was playful, active, and eating/drinking normally. He just went to sleep and didn't wake back up. Maybe it's because he was HUGE. Not fat, he was just gigantic. Very large dogs have short lifespans, so maybe he did because of his ginormity, I dunno, blindly rationalizing to make myself feel better.
>>
I also had a cat die at 6. He was a childhood cat and died when I was in middle school, just woke up one morning and he was dead, just fine the night before.

The vet did tell my mom he had a very fast heart beat and not to expect too long out of him, I wonder if yours had something similar.
>>
[Trigger warning] Yesterday a stray cat showed up around my house with a broken leg and exposed muscle tissue. It's still hanging about, I guess dying slowly. I don't have the funds to pay for a stray vet visit, and yeah I don't know this cat, but I haven't been able to focus on anything else... I just feel like shit. I don't know if it makes me a bad person but I just want him to die so I can stop thinking about his pain.
>>
>>2211416
So be an adult and mercy kill it.
It's not pretty but it's better then it's alternative.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.