[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Euthanasia...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: cute-baby-animals-10.jpg (59KB, 605x422px) Image search: [Google]
cute-baby-animals-10.jpg
59KB, 605x422px
Hey /an/, I'm in a shitty situation and I need advice. My landlord (who I live with) has a cat that's 13 years old with 3 paws in the grave. It's so feeble it can barely walk because it's claws get stuck in the carpet and it isn't strong enough to pull them out. It can't groom itself at all,and on top of that a few days ago it had a seizure, due to recurrent kidney infections. During this seizure it went totally blind, and now it just wanders around a few steps at a time, bumping in to things.

It's obviously not going to live much longer but it's also obviously suffering. We have to give it four medications twice a day, and I've tried to talk my landlord in to getting it put down but he refuses.

He let's it outside during the day, I've considered taking it to the vet to get it put down and never saying anything so he would just think it ran away.

Does this make me an evil person? Or should I do it to put kitty bro out of it's misery? Thanks.
>>
>>2200874
He let's a blind half dead cat outside during the day..

Jesus Christ anon even if you don't take it in that thing will die within a few days. It's ultimately your landlords decision and although it sucks I'd probably just let it run it's course and not get involved.
>>
He's not your cat, so it's really not your decision to make, man.

Also if his claws get stuck in the carpet it seems like they might be grossly overgrown.

Also, 13 isn't extremely old for a cat. It's old, but not THAT old.

He shouldn't be getting kidney infections constantly...something else is going on here.

But the owner definitely shouldn't be letting a cat roam outdoors unattended...much less an elderly crippled cat.
>>
>>2200874
Why do you live with your landlord?
>>
>>2200917

Not OP but that's not such an uncommon arrangement.

usually it's like...landlord owns property he lives on, lets other people live there in exchange for money. Or something along those lines.
>>
>>2200886
My grandma had an outdoor cat she did like nothing to help and it lived 21 goddamn years

it was a fluffy tabby and roamed til the day it died

I do not advocate outdoor cats at all, but man, some cats are just lucky.
>>
>>2200917
I rent a room at his house.

>>2200886
We get it's claws trimmed once or twice a month.
The cat is a female. But she's fixed so I refer to her as it.
>>
>>2200960
>it

That's curious. How do you feel about trans people on hormone treatment?
>>
>>2200960
>The cat is a female. But she's fixed so I refer to her as it.
OP, you do know that fixing an animal doesn't remove its genitals, right? Do you refer to women as "it" if they get a tubectomy?
>>
>>2200966
If a guy gets his balls cut off he's a eunuch, so that makes him an "it" whether or not he castrated himself chemically or with a knife, same with a woman. Trans people usually prefer to be referred to as "it" or "they" anyway, that way they won't be "misgendered"
>>
>>2201082
None of that is accurate
>>
>We have to give it four medications twice a day
is that part of your lease? if you're taking care of the cat, you should have a say in whether to euthanize it. if you're not required to give it its meds, stop giving it its meds. it'll either die quickly or your landlord will have to do something with it.
>>
>>2200874

Take 2 tablets of tylenol, grind it up in some tuna, give it to the cat, and feign ignorance. It will look natural. Just make sure no one notices the cat is sick and takes it to the vet within first 8 hours.
>>
>>2201082
Where the fuck do you live that you think trans people like to be referred to as it?
>>
>>2201213

A place I want to live.
>>
>>2200874

>taking a scared animal from it's home and owner into an unfamiliar location with sounds and smells it have never experienced instead of letting it die in peace

even if it's in pain it is more comfortable than it would be elsewhere, you are just a shitty or extremely stupid person.
>>
>>2200874
did you know that when putting down piglets under 15kg it is legal to just take them by the hind legs and slam their head to the ground?
>>
>>2200874
No, it just means you're less selfish than the owner because you're putting the quality of life and well-being of the cat over the letting the animal suffer and die miserably.

But taking your neighbor's cat and putting it down is selfish and a no-no. The decision is ultimately the owners and not your own.
>>
>>2201213
I'm from Croatia, we don't have trans people or political correctness here. So forgive me if i'm insensitive.
>>
>>2201082
nigger what
>>
>>2201362
Then maybe don't talk about what trans people like as if you're knowledgeable then?
>>
>>2201535
What trans people like is irrelevant. Both in this board and real life.
They're mentally ill and a bad day away from suicide.
>>
>>2201535
Fuck off back to Tumblr, I'll talk about what I want and you can kiss my Slavic nuts.

Hey, guys, just thought I would give you an update, cat had another seizure today, not sure if the landlord is going to have it put down but I sure as hell hope so.
>>
Really feeling less inclined to help.
>>
>>2201082

Nigger what fucking century are you living in? Eunuch? Get the fuck out
>>
>>2201305

Who cares if its legal or not you subhuman fucking psychopath?
>>
>>2200966
>>2201083
>>2201213
>>2201535
>>2201684

Here's your (you)
I don't care to talk about transgender whatever. I came here to ask advice on whether or not it was ethical to euthanize someone else's cat. The majority of people seem not to think so, but it may be a moot point because my land lord hasn't returned from the veterinarians yet.
>>
File: 0828161128-1.jpg (779KB, 2123x2355px) Image search: [Google]
0828161128-1.jpg
779KB, 2123x2355px
Cat is now bleeding, landlord said he accidentally cut her when he was trimming her fur... He doesn't seem to care and let's her walk around in, this situation. Really thinking I should at least take her to a shelter, but they will just put her down immediately because of her health situation. This is making me feel very sick and anxious.
>>
>>2201213
I know a few trans people that go by "it" along with various other pronouns, they're usually the ones that are extremely mentally ill and are into tumblr culture. "They" isn't all too uncommon, although it's usually the teenagers that say they're nonbinary or whatever
>>
>>2202379
I call everyone "they" until I know for sure what pronouns they use. Never heard "it".
>>
>>2202393
Is this a fucking joke?
Males are He and Females are She
There are only 2 genders, if you think otherwise fuck off to tumblr
>>
>>2202235
Looks like a burst abscess, fuck. If you think you can sneak her the vet without causing trouble I'd do it. This is pure cruelty, poor animal has no quality of life left.
>>
>>2202411
The only people with some legitimate grievances regarding gender are the tiny, tiny minority of people born with both sets of genitalia, chromosomal gender issues etc., of which barely any exist. 'They' actually can be a singular pronoun e.g. "They are a huge faggot", but obviously shouldn't be used in the awful Tumblr stylings of that anon.
>>
>>2201535
Because you know ALL trans people and what they need and want? You don't know and better either.
>>
>>2202427
No one wants to be called it, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>2202411
Checked.

>>2202411
I'm not from Tumblr, why would I want to go there? "They" is polite whether dealing with someone you can't identify the gender is, or someone who you haven't met. For example, you. Anon is a they because I don't know their gender. I do know you're a massive faggot though :^)

>>2202419
Who are you to decide what is, and what isn't a legitimate grievance?
>>
>>2202235
Damn. I hate cats and don't usually mind seeing them suffer, but put that poor thing out of its misery.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.