[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help. I have a 1 year old male siberian husky and he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 2

File: ChimoLakota3-11-06.jpg (104KB, 626x571px) Image search: [Google]
ChimoLakota3-11-06.jpg
104KB, 626x571px
I need help. I have a 1 year old male siberian husky and he's really disobedient. He marks his territory everywhere, destroys/chews a lot of things and no matter how much i punish him it makes no difference. My dad said if he kept like this til september next year he will throw him away. How do i train him?
>>
Is he getting enough exercise? Is he potty trained? Neutered? Positive reinforcement is better than punishing.
>>
First, stop punishing. Punishing works on some dogs, but other dogs are either too smart or too dumb for it to work on. Research and try different training techniques.

Two, how much exercise does he gets? Destructive is often directly correlated to a lack of stimulation (boredom), especially in an ultra-high energy breed like a husky.
>>
>>2199615
>Husky owners

Every fucking time.
>>
>>2199622
>>2199623
He's neutered and not potty trained. I walk him 2 times a day and jog with him for an hour a day.
He pissed on my moms dress to mark his territory. This annoyed my dad so he put him on a leash. He just whined though so my mom let him free.
>>
>>2199624
Elaborate please.
>>
>>2199628
People who get huskies never do any research and don't know what they're getting into or what they're doing. This is made more obvious by the fact that it was stated that the dog was being punished.
>>
>>2199626
Start by potty training. Use positive reinforcement. Take him outside. When he pees, give him a big, excited "good boy!!!!" and a treat. Repeat. Crate him during the nights and take him our first thing in the morning. More praise and treats when he elimates outside. Don't bother punishing accidents. It should be clear at this point it isn't doing anything to teach him how to elimates properly.

Huskies are ultra high energy dogs. That may not be enough exercise for him. Research "dryland mushing". Keep in mind huskies were bred to mush, so you are playing to his natural tendencies. This will also really strengthen your bond with him.
>>
>>2199631
I had a husky before this one. She was a great dog. I didn't train her whatsoever. She barked whenever someone got in the yard, chased cats and overall wasn't a pussy. Also defended herself. But this one? A fucking cat was eating from his food, he barked at it 2 times and then sat there and watched. What the fuck am i supposed to do about that? I tried encouraging him he just stared at me.
>>
>>2199633
Im gonna do the potty thing bit not the dryland mushing. I'm not sure i trust him for that. I don't have any equipment for it. Plus he will just drag me and i'd fall because he's too fast.
>>
>>2199634
>My shitty unstimulated dog that I've made no effort to train is destructive
>But what really bothers me is the fact that he doesn't attack other animals

Are you Mexican by any chance?
>>
>>219963
>>2199636
Even if you potty train him it makes no difference. He's gonna continue marking his territory.
>>
>>2199637
Then what the fuck do i do? How do i train him? Thats why i made this thread. If i don't my dad will throw him away.
And no i'm not.
>>
>>2199636
Then train him for it. It's obvious to everyone in this thread your dog is massively under stimulated. Go buy a recumbent trike, a three wheeled bicycle (adult tricycle), or a specialized dryland sled. You can find something more stable. You dog needs more stimulation than what it is getting. It needs a job. And the best job you can give a dog is the thing it was bred to do. And huskies were bred to mush.

Hell, you could use a fucking 15 dollar skateboard from Walmart...
>>
>>2199634
Not all dogs are the same. Huskies have a natural friendly temperament.
>>
>>2199634
Holy fuck, you're a terrible pet owner and you shouldn't have one at all.
Are you Mexican? Be honest
>>
>>2199634
>I get dogs for looks without doing any research
>>
>>2199641
>And no i'm not.

You sure? Not Latino at all?
>>
>>2199641
Do a fuck ton of exercise, he is understimulated. If he keeps having issues then it's something else. Your old dog was an exception that sounds like required little work, but most huskies are not like that.
>>
>>2199645
No why the fuck are you calling me a mexican?
Stop calling me a bad owner i already know that. The purpose of this thread is to seek advice so i can be a good owner jesus christ.
>>2199646
I just told you i had a husky before that. Are you retarded?
>>
>>2199647
Just fuck off honestly. I'm white and i live in europe.
>>2199648
Thanks. It looks like i just got lucky that time.
>>
>>2199650
>I'm white and i live in europe.

Oh, are you a Slav then? They're basically white Mexicans.
>>
>>2199653
Yeah im a slav. What difference does it make though?
>>
>>2199649
>>2199650
Again, please consider mushing him. You could use a skateboard. Once you can teach him how to do it, it will let you exercise him more than you ever could "manually," and he will fucking love it. You have a dog that has been selectively bred for hundreds of years to mush: go take it mushing.
>>
>>2199656
Slavs and Mexicans are all horrible pet owners because they treat them like property to look "cool" or beat the shit out of each other. It explains why you got a Husky despite being completely clueless about the breed's needs. There's no point in helping you as this isn't the first pet you've abused and won't be the last.
>>
>>2199649
Because Mexicans in general are the shittiest pet owners, after niggers of course.
Mexicans will buy huge dogs for looks, particularly pit bulls, and then proceed to never train them, let them wander around and attack other dogs, and are overall just shitty, terrible pet owners.

Getting a Husky and then not putting in the time and effort to train him and exercise him properly and then wondering why it's being so destructive is classic Mexican, which is why people are asking.
>>
>>2199634
>Encouraging a dog to act shitty towards things

Don't do this when you already have a shitty dog. Im not sure if you have any other pets or ever plan on having smaller animals but huskies are notorious for killing other pets, chasing livestock(because they are escape artists with shit recall). My neighbor got his husky shot due to this. He didnt kill anything, very nice dog but leave him alone for five minutes and he would find a new way out of their yard and another neighbor didn't know him or was just sick of him chasing his animals.

OP seriously look into hiring a dog trainer or doggy classes. They will help you and your dog. He may never be 'perfect' but with proper training he can be good enough to keep.
>>
>>2199661
>isn't the first pet you've abused and won't be the last
There is joke related to thrillers or horror movies but can't quite find it.
>>
>>2199661
>>2199653
>>2199647
>>2199664
>>2199645
What's up with you and mexicans?.
>>
>>2199661
>>2199664
Then for fucks sake help me out here. I dont care if mexicans and niggers are bad owners. I had a husky before and she was good. I raised her the same way i raised this dog. It doesnt matter why i got a dog or what kind. I love him and try to spend more time with him but i think he has seperation anxiety. Whats the point of calling me a bad owner when i already admit im one. Youre not helping. Why do you think i abuse my dogs? I dont want to look cool or make him fight. I just want him to be a normal dog.
>>
>>2199667
We dont have that where im from. My dog doesnt chase/harm other animals which is what pisses me off. I dont want him to be some killing machine, just to bark at strangers and chase cats as normal dogs do. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>2199669
See >>2199664

Sorry if it offends you, Pablo, but it's true. Also you quoted at least two different people.
>>
>>2199650
Also please don't punish your dog, it really doesn't help in the long run. Good luck, I don't want your dog to get kicked out.
>>
>>2199673
Now I'm moving to your neighborhood.
>>
File: 1463817887877.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1463817887877.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>2199670
>>2199672
>I dont want to look cool or make him fight.
>My dog doesnt chase/harm other animals which is what pisses me off.
>>
>>2199672
Huskies are notorious for being lousy guard dogs because they love people. Your wish regarding that is unlikely to come true. As for the cat thing, be glad for that. They normally kill smaller animals which is just going to get you and him in trouble.
>>
>>2199670
You said yourself you didn't raise your last Husky at all. In fact, you confirmed to us that you're a shitty person and not responsible to own a pet.
>I didn't train her whatsoever
>She barked whenever someone got in the yard, chased cats
You literally said yourself you never trained your last dog.

>Why do you think i abuse my dogs?
You heavily implied it when you said "no matter how much I punish him it makes no difference". Punishing a dog does nothing as their brains don't process things the way a humans does. It doesn't know what you're doing when you punish it and you're only confusing it and making it worse.
>>
>>2199678
Yeah because a cat was eating from his food dish and he just stood there. I want him to at least have self defense some sort. When other dogs attack him he hides and it pisses me off. I meant i dont want him to fight on purpose like some people bring their dogs to fight for money.
>>
>>2199672
See>>2199680

Huskies aren't a guard dog breed. They're too friendly and fun and would be more likely to let a stranger walk right up to them and ask to play than to bark and be protective.

If you want a guard dog and have a Husky then you're out of luck. It'll never happen as it's completely out of their nature to do so.
>>
>>2199680
Well my previous husky was a decent guard dog. Really? Be glad? If you came home to someone fucking your wife would you be happy about it? Dogs are supposed to be defensive of their food.
>>
>>2199682
Yeah i didnt train her and she turned out great. Why do i need to train my current one to do basic dog stuff like chase cats and bark at strangers? Even if im willing to, you faggots arent helping by bashing me when i asked on advice how to do it. There's a big difference between punish and abuse.
>>
>>2199685
See >>2199687
Maybe i just got lucky that time. Can i really not train him to bark at strangers? Is it better to get another dog then? I dont want a dog that wont alert me when a stranger comes in. Its like having a cat.
>>
>>2199684
>When other dogs attack him he hides and it pisses me off.

How can you possibly think this is a normal mindset? Do you seriously want him to fight back so you and your garbage neighbors can watch them rip each other's throats out? You're that dog's entire life, you don't exercise him despite a constant need for stimulation being the breed's #1 characteristic, and you constantly expose him to other equally shitty owners' violent dogs despite his blatantly shy personality.

If only you weren't in a third world shithole country so animal protection services could take him away from you. When he dies, don't get another.
>>
>>2199687
Wow, you are some kind of massive retard. I've tried being nice but you keep getting defensive about your old dogs shit behavioral issues. Your old dog had problems because their nature is not too attack everything in sight. You say you've done research on the breed but your only citation is that you've owned a husky before. You'd do the breed a huge favor by reading about them and their characteristics, not by your 'experience', that is not enough. Quit being an ignorant moron and follow advice instead of trying to convince yourself your way is the only way.
>>
>>2199694
No, don't get another dog ever.
>>
>>2199691
>>2199694
Your last dog was the exception. Your current dog is the rule. You got lucky with your last one, this current one is simply doing what it was bred to do and acting the way is typical of its breed.
You're trying to make it be something it's not.

Let's be real. You don't have what it takes for pet ownership. At least not now at this point in your life. Maybe once you've matured a bit and done a lot more research and are willing to actually put in the time and effort a dog requires, you can get another. You are not responsible, not committed, and you are literally trying to make your dog do what dogs in other developed countries have been euthanized for. Barking and chasing cats and trying to make it attack other pets as some sort of guard is irresponsible of you and dangerous and unhealthy for the dog.

Please, strongly consider your options as far as giving the dog away, having a friend adopt or something else. You are not the answer to this dog's problems.
>>
>>2199695
>>2199696
>>2199698
>>2199701
All you said was pretty useless. It just keeps repeating in circles. I asked for advice how to train it and you didnt give me any of that. Ill try to train him, if it doesnt work ill just get a new one, big fucking deal.
>>
>>2199711
Don't get another dog. It's not the dog that cannot be trained: it is you who cannot train dogs. If you get another dog, the exact same thing will happen. Just get cats, or birds. They are nice pets.
>>
>>2199711
Why would anyone give you any advice when you're clearly a shitty owner and person in general? You're not even asking for advice for the dog's sake, you're literally just bothered that he doesn't fight other animals or bark at people to make you look cool and intimidating or whatever. You created a thread that basically says "hey /an/, help me make my abused dog even shittier". Why do you think anyone's going to help you?
>>
>>2199672
>>2199687
You re not as of right now capable of training or handling a dog to do JUST that. Some may do it naturally without harm, plenty to it with a real risk of injury or death(not really much of an issue if it's say, you have a garden and want to keep the rabbits away) and don't care.

I've had dogs that were just fine with none to minimal training. It's great, its a pleasant surprise. But I went into it expecting to work with them. Breed temperament and 'quirks' prone to said breed is something you need to look into before getting a dog(obviously doesn't help much if it's an indisguinable mutt). But that is what you should expect and prepare for. It's a 'guide' to let you prepare. And if your breed specific dog doesnt have the problems or act very much like it, well. It's a good or bad thing depending what you wanted. Dogs are not robots. They have different personalities and quirks. Two huskies growing up together can still be vastily different from the other. You shouldn't expect a new dog to be just like your old one.

>>2199711
I was somewhat sympathetic until this. Enjoy constantly and carelessly getting new dogs just until you find one that needs zero effort. If you dig around in someone's backyard maybe you'll find one.
>>
>>2199711
Okay faggot. Since you insist. Start with Zak George's videos on youtube. He's really good at teaching and demonstrating virtually everything you could need to teach a dog. And he's completely about positive training and rejects any of the false bullshit about "packs" and "alphas" and all that stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/zakgeorge21
He's got basically everything you could need to know on there. I've been watching him ever since I got my puppy and my puppy has been doing great.
>>
>>2199720
That's retarded how am I supposed to teach this dog if he doesn't think I am the leader?
>>
>>2199728
Well, you blew it. I had some hope but now you have proven to be so fucking retarded and beyond saving.

It's not about "being the leader" you dense motherfucker. It's about creating a relationship with your dog to where he does what you ask and trained him for because he wants to make you happy. Dogs were literally bred to be companions to humans and make them happy.
You don't need to dominate your dog. You don't need to abuse it to let it know you're in charge. You need to have communication and a relationship where you have clearly demonstrated what is right and acceptable and what isn't.

All the bull shit about "alphas" and pack mentality has been definitively proven false. One of the largest contributors to that theory has even gone so far as to ask his publisher to stop distributing his book where he wrote about it. It's an old theory that only applies to wolves in captivity. Domesticated dogs have been selectively bred for human companionship for so long that that doesn't apply to them. They're dogs, not wolves. They respond to positive training and reinforcement and punishments and abuse only confuse and make them worse.

I'm done dealing with you, you're a terrible person who has no business owning a pet. I really hope for your dog's sake you give it away.
>>
>>2199716
1. I openly admit im a bad owner.
2. I made the thread to each him obedience and maybe become a better owner.
3. You bring your sjw bullshit on me that i abuse my dog.
4. How would that make me look cool? I just want him to do basic dog stuff.
5. You kept repeating in circles. If you dont have anything useful to say then why are you wasting both of our times?
>Why do you think anyone's going to help you?
Because i thought this board gave a shit about animals so i can become a better owner for my dog.
>>
>>2199739
We do give a shit about animals. That is why we are telling you that you are a bad owner and need to surrender your dog to someone more suited for it.
>>
>>2199736
Thats not me. Some faggot bashing in. Ive seen his videos and theyre ok but he uses some of the smartest breeds for complex training. Thanks anyways though.
>>
>>2199739
>so i can become a better owner for my dog.

You're not going to. Every post you make has like three or four different things that show the shitty way you look at your dog. He's pretty much fucked because either your dad, who you still live with because you're underage, "gets rid" of him, or you give him to a friend, who's probably just as terrible of an owner as you because all you people treat animals like shit. We can't do anything for the dog, we can only bitch at you hoping it'll make you feel bad. It won't, though.
>>
>>2199741
Well apparently thats not an option in this case since my family wont give him away so i have a year to train him or my dad will throw him away so its a lose lose for everyone.
>>
>>2199739
We keep repeating in circles because you're not listening. You keep saying that you want to teach him basic dog stuff like barking at strangers, but basic dog stuff varies by breed and even individual dog and huskies simply won't do that. It's like the other anon said, you're trying to make your dog be something it's not. If you want to stop being a shit owner, then quit snapping at everyone who is legitimately giving advice.
>>
>>2199744
Why would i feel bad because of someone on the internet? For what its worth everyone i know treats dogs this way and there arent any dog professional trainers here because almost no one cares. I can say i love my dog and hate him at the same time. So unless i train him (which is why i asked people for advice here but neither of them seem to know shit), hes pretty much gonna have it shitty and thats not something i want.
>>
>>2199653
>>2199656
This is someone who knows how to get to the root of the problem with awful pet owners.
>>
>>2199747
Im not snapping. Any dog can be trained to do whatever with enough time and patience. So what, am i supposed to just throw him away? Yeah barking at strangers is a basic thing every decent dog does. What good is a dog if it doesnt alert me when someone comes in my yard?
If basic stuff varies by breed why not explain what instead of wasting both of our times?
>>
>>2199752
>For what its worth everyone i know treats dogs this way

Yeah, exactly. How do you think I guessed you were a Slav? You're all worthless monkey shitbags who live in a hellhole, treat animals like shit, treat people like shit, are poor as fuck and produce nothing of value. What can we possibly do for your dog? He was screwed from the start.
>>
>>2199757
Leave your shitty beliefs out of this. People may not care as much here but its not like theyre some abusive savages. They just dont bother that much. The owner i got him as a puppy so while hes still in this country, according to you hes gonna have it shitty either way. But maybe if you ignored the fact that im slav and offered good advice i might use it for the better of the dog.
>>
>>2199752
>For what its worth everyone i know treats dogs this way and there arent any dog professional trainers here because almost no one cares.

What a great environment to raise a pet in. You and all the other inbred abortions you live with are completely free of blame and it's all /an/'s fault for not reinforcing your terrible culture's beliefs that pets are glorified alarms and attack machines.
>>
>>2199757
Don't get started with politics. You Americans are so full of shit the whole world hates you. You're literally mutts.
>>
>>2199759
Wow. Well he was born here so he doesn't have much of a choice now does he? If you're bitter leave my country out of it. I don't give a shit how other people work. They're not glorified alarms or attack machines. Every normal dog chases cats and barks at strangers.
>>
>>2199756
It's like you don't understand English.

>If basic stuff varies by breed why not explain what instead of wasting both of our times?

HUSKIES. TEMPERAMENT. IS. FRIENDLY.

http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/siberian-husky/detail/

>New owners shouldn't bother picking up a "Beware of Dog" sign—Siberians' innate warmth and love of making new friends make them indifferent watchdogs.

Good god man, do your research.
>>
>>2199758
>i might use it for the better of the dog.

You won't. You've already made it perfectly clear that what you want isn't what's best for the dog. You didn't even deign yourself to go "hey guys, how do I make my dog less destructive? Is he unhappy or sick? Is there something I can do?". No, the best thing your little orangutan brain could come up with was "why does punishment not work on my dog? How do I get him to snap at animals and people, which is literally the only thing dogs are for? My dad will literally kill him if I don't".

>>2199760
>Assuming I'm American
>>
>>2199743
You literally own a Husky. They're smart as fuck. They're so smart some people have to install special fences sometimes because they're always finding out new ways to escape.

There is no reason why a Husky who has been properly exercised and gotten enough of its energy out would be unable to learn anything you wanted it to.
>>
>>2199770
>a Husky who has been properly exercised and gotten enough of its energy out

Yeah, therein lies the problem.
>>
>>2199766
Then why the fuck would anyone keep a dog that doesn't guard your house what the fuck? If someone came to kill me those dogs would just wag their tail at the killer? Wew lad i'm getting rid of this dog then. I guess i just got lucky the first time i got a husky.
Or you know, i made a thread asking how to train it to be a guard dog but let's just ignore that lol.
>>
>>2199768
Then what are you?
>>
>>2199777
>If someone came to kill me those dogs would just wag their tail at the killer?

One can only hope.
>>
>>2199768
When i walk him, he gets attacked by other dogs and doesn't defend himself.
When someone eats from his food he just stays there and watches.
When someone hits him he stays still and doesn't do shit.
Wew lad.
>>
>>2199777
Hell, you should just be glad you got a friendly breed or else the dog would join in considering the way you treat him.
>>
>>2199783
He probably doesn't fight back because you kept hitting him and made him fearful.
>>
>>2199781
Eh. That's obviously the truth then so i'm just gonna get rid of him.
>>
>>2199736
>They respond to positive training and reinforcement and punishments and abuse only confuse and make them worse.
Of course they respond to positive training. You're a fucking idiot about "punishments" though.

What you're doing isn't punishing the dog, you're correcting bad behavior. I agree dog's don't understand punishment in the way we do, and beating won't teach it anything and positive reinforcement is the best way to encourage behavior from a dog, but what the fuck do you positive only retards think is going to happen if a dog sneaks out. Are you not even going to tell it NO BAD GIRL? It all depends on the breed as to what an appropriate correction would be.

>>2199739
This guy is obviously a fucking moron, but I really think you're faggotry of "oh dogs don't have leaders, they're not wolves" and "oh don't correct a dog that's mean" is an outright fabrication feeding a bunch of faggots and women who just lap up the idea of goodie feel feels and somehow worse than people like him. Go ahead and try positive only with a high drive potentially aggressive breed and tell me it works. Remember positive only means no corrections. If you even tell a dog no in a firm voice that's far too harsh your for magical training method.
>>
>>2199777
There are breeds that make wonderful, exceptional guard dogs. Just think of all the usual ones you've probably seen or heard about. Dobermans, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, etc. These are breeds that have these traits instinctively bred into them.

A Husky is instinctively a loving, people friendly person. They're not watchdogs and never should be. They were bred to be assistants to humans in the snow, to be mush dogs. And they do it very well.

We have told you what to do. EXERCISE YOUR DOG. GET ITS FUCKING ENERGY OUT. HELP IT TO CALM DOWN

Dogs who are full of energy they aren't releasing through running, playing fetch, etc, become destructive. They bite and chew and don't listen. They become untrainable.
Once you have provided an outlet for them to get their pent up energy released, they will be much calmer, more relaxed and trainable.
Exercise your dog. If you think you did enough and he's still acting that way, go back out and do it again and realize that that is part of owning a pet. If you can't give him that time, then you should't own him at all.

And STOP TRYING TO MAKE HIM A GUARD DOG!! He's a fucking Husky. He will never be a guard dog. It is not in his nature. You are fighting a losing battle trying to do it.
>>
>>2199787
So much for you saying you love him.
>>
>>2199783
>I live in a shithole where everyone's abusive to animals for no reason because they're all subhuman
>Since I'm one of them and therefore also subhuman, literally the only problem I have with this is the fact that my dog doesn't fight back
>Help me train my dog so he'll fight back and we can all have a nice blood orgy

This is what you sound like. Do you realize this? You're literal fucking cavemen.
>>
>>2199784
How would you know how i treat him? My thoughts are pretty irrelevent of how i treat him. I do shit with him every basic dog owners but nah let's ignore that. A dog is supposed to obey it's master. If it attacks him it gets put down.
>>2199785
Yeah just focus on that, ignore the previous 2 statements. I've never beaten him ever. Maybe smack him gently on his butt but never with force. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>2199783
STOP FUCKING HITTING THE GODDAMN DOG!!
Holy shit, that's your fucking problem. You've scared him and damaged him psychologically. You are supposed to be his owner, his provider and his protector. And you are literally hitting him and punishing him. He's probably scared of you, and as a result scared of everything else. Dogs are sensitive animals and can be psychologically damaged by that kind of stuff. Especially a Husky who is so friendly and thrives on human interaction.

Poor thing is probably terrified of you and your family and uses chewing and disobedience to get that fear out.
>>
>>2199788
>positive only means no corrections
Where the fuck did this stupid fucking meme even come from? Is this the dank new meme dominance posters use along with "if you are a leader to your dog you are using dominance theory".
>>
>>2199795
This has nothing to do with my country. Stop being a fucking faggot and look at it for how it really is. Do you not walk your dog and see other dogs growl/attack it? Because stray dogs are everywhere, in any country. I never said they're abusive to animals i just said they don't care as much. Yeah fuck me for wanting my dog to defend himself and not get killed.
Stop pulling shit out of your ass. Go on /pol/ and express your hate for slavs there.
>>
>>2199788
You're misinterpreting me and it's my fault for not making it clear in my post.

I do agree with the correcting bad behavior thing. A dog that clearly does what is wrong need to be taught that what it did was wrong and the environment controlled to prevent it from happening again.
I was using punishment in the physical sense of someone hitting their dog or rubbing its nose in shit or things like that. Completely counterproductive and harmful in the long run.
>>
>>2199800
Read >>2199796
>>
>>2199628
They are smart, strong willed and hard to train. Huskies are not dogs for first time dog owners or lazy owners. You have to work to get them trained well.
>>
>>2199800
No. He uses disobedience because hes spoiled and does that to piss me off if he doesnt get what he wants.
>>
>>2199801
That's exactly what positive only means though. Apparently a dog's instinctively understand long term repercussions of not receiving a treat some time in the future.

Go on tell me what positive only training is. I'd love to hear it. If you say you do any corrections, it's not positive only as per their doctrine.

>"if you are a leader to your dog you are using dominance theory".
You're not "using it" you're just being a leader. A dog needs a leader. You don't need to do weird ass things pretending you're the "alpha" just simply lead it and set when it its, train it, when you play and that's it.

I would encourage all of you to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ5WsegmFig

As for the retard that's beating his dog, he's a fucking idiot and shouldn't own dogs.
>>
>>2199808
That's wrong. That's completely wrong.
>>
>>2199804
>Do you not walk your dog and see other dogs growl/attack it?

No. For fuck's sake, no, I don't, because not everyone lives in a shithole where people think it's okay to attack dogs for no reason, or to let their dogs attack other dogs for no reason. Not everyone lives in a fucking third world slum full of starved aggressive strays. Why can't you comprehend this? This is why your dog would be fucked even if you weren't a horrible person. He's living in a shitty fucking environment, and you're willingly keeping him in it and expecting him to adapt. He won't.
>>
>>2199807
Most dog breeds are required to be exercised so in reality it doesn't matter what kind of dog you get.
>>
>>2199805
>I was using punishment in the physical sense of someone hitting their dog or rubbing its nose in shit or things like that. Completely counterproductive and harmful in the long run.

I completely agree with you on that point, but dogs need appropriate corrections depending on the breed.
>>
>>2199810
I know my dog better than you. Ive never hit him with force. He was spoiled since we got him. Maybe the previous owners did a piss poor job.
>>
>>2199814
Couldn't have done any worse than you're doing now.
>>
>>2199812
Do you have legit brain damage? Do you think all breeds require the same amount of exercise? Do you think they're all equally easy to raise or train, or that they all respond equally to everything? Are you that much of an inbred fuckwit that you think the only difference between dog breeds is looks and that's why you got an "epic" "wolf" dog so you could look badass?
>>
>>2199811
So what am i supposed to do? Ship him off to America where everything is magical? He actually got attacked by a black german shepherd who was being walked off leash by its owner. I cant change people.
>>
>>2199817
No my point was, most dog breeds require exercise so it doesn't matter what breed you get because you'll need to exercise it more or less.
>>
>>2199818
Getting attacked by that German Shepherd says more about that dog and its owner than you.

That owner was a shit human being and irresponsible. We can't control others, unfortunately
>>
>>2199818
>He actually got attacked by a black german shepherd who was being walked off leash by its owner.

There you go then. He's surrounded by shitty people. What special miraculous advice are we supposed to give that'll fix that?

Environment is something you have to keep in mind when getting a dog. If you live in a shitty part of town, if you have even just a single neighbour with a cunty dog that roams around a lot off-leash, then either don't get a dog or be prepared to deal with the responsibility of keeping him safe. It's like having a kid when living in the ghetto. You think that doesn't make you a bad parent?
>>
>>2199821
Yeah exactly. He didnt even call him over right away and i felt like he laughed at my dog so it pissed me off. Hence why i want to train him to fight back, not attack and be some killing machine.
>>
>>2199822
Read >>2199824
>>
>>2199824
What do you think would've happened if he fought back? Like, seriously. Try to think about it and tell me. What makes you think that's a better outcome? What makes you think the only two options are to either let him get beaten up by another dog or let them both go at it until one's bleeding or worse?
>>
>>2199828
Because in that kind of situation what the fuck am i supposed to do? If someone hits you, do you just stay there and let them hit you or do you fight back?
>>
Alright OP, it's reached that point. The Husky is not right for you. You need to get rid of it.

If you still insist on having a dog, get a German Shepherd, get a Doberman, get a Beauceron or a Rottweiler. Fuck it, get a Pit Bull, I don't care.

Beat the shit out of it, withhold its food. Use choke chains and prong collars and make sure it's tough. Then when you're walking around whatever ghetto-tier shithole you live in people will think twice before coming near you. And if that German Shepherd ever comes around again, your dog will rip its throat out.
Time to embrace who and what you are. Don't fight it.
>>
>>2199830
Stay away from shitty owners with shitty dogs? I don't really see what's so confusing here. If there's a fucking heat-seeking missile coming at you, do you run away or do you stay in place? Pretty fucking stupid question since you're not exposed to missiles very often, isn't it?

Not to mention your analogy is terrible because if you hit someone back in a fight, you 1. (presumably) know when to hold back, stop or run, 2. are responsible for yourself, and 3. can ask for help or testify to a cop or in court. Your dog can't do any of those things. All he knows is that he's being attacked by a strange dog, he's not trained to fight because he's not an aggressive piece of shit like the other dog, and the person who's supposed to be responsible for him and protect him, aka you, isn't doing shit about it. How is the alternative situation where he fights back and either hurts himself even more or hurts the other dog and gets you in legal trouble any better?
>>
>>2199804
civilised people don't hit their dogs

civilised societies don't tolalerate people who hit their dogs, they get taken away by the state because it is forbidden by law to hit animals

and there are lots of countries without any stray dogs

be happy that you have a kind dog and take good care of it
>>
>>2199835
If I'm walking my dog and I see a dog in the distance that I don't recognize or it's off it's leash, we turn around and walk the other way. It's that simple.

If I know a family has a pit bull, I will never go by their house, period.
>>
>>2199835
The dog was off fucking leash. It came out of nowhere and i didn't see it coming. If i ran it would've just chased me. Even if you run from the missle it's gonna get you.
Wow that was one of the funniest things i've read. Where do you live? Your world seems so magical and problems seemed be to solved easily. If someone hits you, you fight back. It's common sense. You can not hit back but they're just gonna kick you again. Or you can run like a pussy. What am i supposed to step in the fight and fight the dog? It's the dog who's supposed to protect their master, not vice versa. You just described a cat.
That's better than me getting hurt. That dog could've bitten me. Or am i supposed to risk my own life for the dog?
>>
>>2199836
Please tell me where i said i hit my dog or people here do. I just said i punish him. People here aren't abusive savages, they just don't care that much. Stray dogs are everywhere. Sure in some countries less but you never know if you're gonna run into one.
>>
>>2199839
Buy a fucking gun and shut the fuck up about it. Aggressive dog runs toward you? Fucking drop it with one squeeze of the trigger. It's the owners fault, not yours so you won't get in trouble.

>inb4 not allowed to own guns in your country
>>
>>2199838
I was walking straight and turned right to go home so i couldn't have seen it.
>>
>>2199839
No matter what, you're ultimately responsible for the safety of your dog. Be the smart one and walk on the opposite side oh the street when you have to. Leave your dog out of your machismo complex.
>>
>>2199831
That was if not the most decent advice.
>>
>>2199841
If you carry a gun without a permit here you automatically get arrested. Am i supposed to walk with a bow and arrow now?
>>
>>2199846
No, you get a permit. It's not rocket science.
When asked why you need a gun you say it's for protection because you live in a dangerous place with people who let their animals off their leashes.
>>
>>2199843
>walk on the opposite site of the street lol that will prevent an off leash dog to attack yours
You lack common sense. You also ignored all my other points. It's not my duty to protect my dog that can't defend himself. Was i supposed to step in and risk getting beaten? God it's like talking to a wall. I don't know what i expected. You're no better than tumblr and call me a shit owner for wanting my dog to protect itself and not be a pussy.
>>
>>2199849
I don't live in a dangerous place. If only getting a permit was that easy as you think. Almost everyone here gets denied of it.
>so why do you need a permit?
>oh my stupid dog can't defend itself so i'm gonna carry a gun now to shoot other people's dogs if they try to attack mine.
>>
>>2199839
Listen. Let me put this very simply one more time, because you're blatantly underage and live in the third world and have the English skills of a mentally retarded child with actual fucking brain cancer.

You live in a shitty place where people hurt dogs, dogs hurt dogs, dogs probably hurt fucking people too for all I know, and owners let dangerous dogs roam around off-leash. Worse, you act like this is a perfectly normal thing. You've got it so ingrained in your stupid fucking barbarian Yuro brain that you literally cannot comprehend that the majority of the world isn't like this.

As a result, it's apparently impossible for you to understand that that's a bad environment to raise a dog in, and that you shouldn't have gotten a dog at all. You just think you're entitled to a dog because every other two-bit squatgoblin with an Adidas tracksuit in your shitty fucking ghetto has one. So you got one.

And now that he gets in predictable fights with other shitty owners' dogs as any literal Goddamned mongoloid could've told you he would, you think the only options are to either fight or get hurt. You can't comprehend the thought of avoiding fights, you can't comprehend the concept that you raised a dog where it should have never been raised.

You can't even comprehend the idea that you're responsible for an animal that has been bred to have a mutual relationship with humans for thousands upon fucking thousands of years, and you see it as a glorified bodyguard because people in your shitty fucking mud huts kill each other all the time and you don't feel safe. So you assume the way to keep yourself safe is to get a big raging drooling murderbeast so the other Neanderthals won't fuck with you.
>>
>pussy beta wants his epic wolfdog to protect him from bullies the thread
>>
>>2199839
>>2199853
Well let me make it very clear, this is not how most dog owners act, this is not how most dogs are treated, which makes you and your people the minority. And that's never going to change because, like you said yourself, you can't change people. Unless you move, you're forever stuck in a third world fuckhovel where everyone's horrible to each other.

And that's fine. You know? It's totally fine. People do it in like, the fucking Amazonian jungle too. Or some Gongo-Bongo tribe in Africa or some shit. They mistreat dogs there. Hell, they mistreat people there, they do a lot of way worse shit than you do to your dogs. And we can't really do anything about it, because their culture is inherently shitty and their mindset just doesn't work the way ours does.

And that's you. You have a wrong idea of dogs that doesn't mesh with any modern studies or research, and you're a stubborn cunt so you're not going to change your opinion, and even if you did you'd still be surrounded by Cro Magnon ogres who are even worse to their dogs than you are to yours.

So, you know, fuck it. There's really nothing you can do. Just don't get a pet, ever.
>>
I don't think I have ever seen someone get BTFO so hard, so many times, in one thread and still keep trying to justify themselves.
>>
Stop falling for obvious bait /an/, damnit.
>>
>>2199853
1. My english is pretty good so you can bite me. What do you speak? 1 language which is english because it's your native?
2. Dogs fighting each other is normal. I won't say that my country is the best but it's not as bad as you put it.
3. I didn't get a dog because everyone else has. Why can't your shitty mind comprehend that? I've always had dogs.
4. I don't live in a ghetto. Piss off with that.
5. Many people have dogs. So because of where i live, people shouldn't adopt dogs? Your logic makes no sense. If someone were to listen to it, no one would have dogs and that's impossible. A country where no one has dogs?
6. We don't abuse dogs. Other countries treat them even worse but yeah no one in my country should have a dog.
7. It's not something in my fucking control. You think i want my dog to pick fights? It came out of nowhere. The dog was off leash? Are you retarded? Even if i did turn back it was gonna run after me (my dog).
8. Actually my country is one of the most peaceful ones. You can google it if you want. People are rarely violent here/kill each other and almost no one is in posession of weapons.
9. You really sound like a /pol/fag. You seem like you have deep hate for slavs so that's why you kind of went more of on a rant how shit it is here.
>>
глyпыe aмepикaнцы. oни дoлжны yмepeть
>>
>>2199853
Is this how things are in America? Because i wouldn't ever want to live where animals have more right than humans :")
>>
>>2199853
>Yuro brain
Puh-lease. He said he was a slav. Slavs aren't real yuros. Europe is only up to the German border, then it's Russianized shit.
>>
>>2199615
your dads a nigger, and your dumb
>>
>>2199850
>You're no better than tumblr and call me a shit owner for wanting my dog to protect itself and not be a pussy.

No you're a fucking idiot and don't understand dog psychology. Instead of being a good "alpha" though I would just prefer the term leader, but because you're a slav I'm sure that will appeal to your sensitive masculinity, but instead of being a good leader and protecting your dog from outside threats and helping avoid him you're are encouraging him to fight.

Do you understand that? While you might not be throwing money into a pit and betting money on your dog winning, you're fucking encouraging him to fight. So what, your dog is submissive. This is a good thing for having a companion that you can train to help you with things. Now you want to look into what, protection dog training? Huskies aren't fucking bred for that, and now you'll have a dog fight on your hands that if you don't want your dog to potentially get killed you'll have to risk injuring yourself to break it up. You're really smart. Suka blyat.
>>
>>2199886
They don't have more rights than us. But they are innocent animals that shouldn't have to live being hit and mistreated
>>
Fuck you OP, neck yourself and I hope your dog eats you. You type like you are disabled as well
>>
>>2199840
alright then, i read it somewhere and got triggered

i've never seen a stray dog in my country and i live on the countryside; if there is a dog without a person it is put into a shelter for inspection and later given to adoption
we even adopt thousands of dogs from southern and eastern europe because they seem to give a shit about dogs

so if you don't want yours because it is not a fighter send it to germany
>>
>>2199615

Husky owner here.

1. Never punish your dog, they learn nothing this way. Like children, dogs feed off of reinforcement.
2. Huskies, are by far, the most stubborn dog, in the history of stubborn dogs.
3. Huskies are natural chewers.

Okay, those three things said. You need to positively reinforce your dogs behaviour. Mind you, the behaviour you want. When he pee's outside. Act like it's a big deal, throw a party, give him love, use that stupid girl squeal voice. Also, you need to take your dog out more. He's not potty trained, so you need to go back to the basics of every 2-3 hours minimally.

Huskies are stupidly stubborn. They're by far the dumbest smartest dogs there are.Training them is incredibly difficult, but it's obviously possible to do. You need to redirect the chew and destruction. I personally believe he's not getting enough exercise, it's being pent up, and as a release he's mentally stimulating himself by destroying things. Which is great- it tells you to get mentally stimulating toys. Kongs, and food puzzles, etc. Obviously regular chews. It also tells you - you're dog is very intelligent and will adapt well to the right training.

Huskies need need need exercise. It's so important to their well being, and accomidating to being nice indoor dogs. We cycle with ours about 2-3 hours a day. If not she goes on the treadmill at a nice pace for an hour or two.

Exercise more - see how things are.
Let him out more to pee - and again, report back.
>>
Bypassing all the arguing going on in this thread, the best piece of advice I can give you is this

Go to a trainer. You've admitted you have no experience training, as you didn't train your last dog. A trainer will not just train your dog, but they will teach YOU how to train your dog.

Other than that, here are some tips and aids.

bitter spray: this can save your furniture and assist you in teaching him what thing are acceptable to chew.

The main source of chewing is usually excess energy or boredom. You say you exercise him, so it may be that he's bored. Try engaging him in mental exercise. Create puzzles, hide treats and make him use his nose to find them. Training also helps engage his mind.

The biggest thing about training is consistency. Make sure your parents are also on board with what you're training him. You mentioned a situation where your dad put the dog outside, and then your mother brought him back in. When you begin to train your dog, your parents need to be on the same page you are. You can't have one parent saying "ok, this behavior is acceptable" and treat them and then have another say "no, he can't do this" and punch him for the same behavior. You need to decide as a family what is acceptable and what is not (example: is your dog allowed on the couch? The answer can't be "some times", i needs to be yes or no.)
>>
>>2200315
>punch him
*punish
>>
Where's OP? I want a follow up to see if he actually took his dog out and got him tired finally
>>
>ITT: having a poorly trained dog is a capital crime, and the best proof that the owner is mini-Hitler
Jesus fuck, you people are delusional. If a dog is getting food and water and doesn't have visible injuries inflicted by the owner it's got a far better life than most animals and even some people.

Nobody needs to live up to your exacting standard of care because your insane opinion that dogs deserve gold beds and loving caresses every waking moment is as retarded as it is obsequious.

OP, reward good behaviour and prevent the dog from having a chance to do the bad behaviour you are trying to stop. Sounds like you do enough exercise to me - an hour of jogging or walking is fine if you do it every day - but ensure the husky has something to do at home, too, so it's not just lying down bored all day.

If your dog does something wrong, it is okay to punish the dog. People have been punishing dogs for thousands of years and successfully trained them for things far more critical to their survival than not pissing on dresses. Just remember that punishing the dog is a crutch that you use because you are a shitty trainer, and that you shouldn't need to punish the dog because you should have never put the dog into a situation where it can do the bad thing.

Also, don't hurt the dog.
>>
>>2199687

1. Your wife cheating doesn't mean your dog should attack the man. Your wife is to blame.
2. No, dogs being food defensive is a bad thing. Dogs like that are euthanized in shelters because they're unadoptable and too dangerous.
>>
>>2200650
>Dogs like that are euthanized in shelters because they're unadoptable and too dangerous.
Positive only training gentlemen.
>>
>>2200663
Ah yes, better beat up the dog and make it even more likely to snap and be weary of all humans.
Dominance pussies, gentlemen.
>>
>>2200666
Of course you don't beat a dog you dumb faggot.

But because you have an animal with aggression issues you assume it's unsolvable and would rather kill the animal since everything needs to just be sunshine and rainbows.
>>
>>2200666
Of course Satan would use man's conscious against him.
>>
There is something inherently twisted inside OP's mind.
He should invest in some land mines. OP will be definitely alerted if some stranger stepped inside his property.
>>
>>2200682
Eastern Europe is so full of mines that the native population is now immune to them.
>>
>>2200684
A moat, then? With acid or crocodiles or some shit.
>>
>>2200663

Shelters don't have time or money to train a dog like that and they can't be adopted by most people or else they'll possibly hurt the owner.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.