[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

edible mushrooms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Hey, I came across these when walking with my dog, I usually pick up mushrooms I know are edible but was unsure if these.
Would be great if someone knew what kind these are.
>>
Little brown mushroom. Almost impossible to identify.
>>
wouldnt eat lol
>>
Never ever eat a wild mushroom unless you are 100% positive as to what it is. Don't even try it if you're 'pretty sure'. Thats how people die.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/woman-died-after-eating-poisonous-mushrooms-picked-in-her-own-garden-8609719.html
>>
>>2197868
Imagine you find a gun on the ground while walking around the woods.
Would you take that gun, stick the barrel in your mouth, and pull the trigger because you think it *might* not have bullets in it?

How sure would you have to be that said gun was unloaded before you did that?
That's how sure you should be that wild mushrooms/berries are edible before you eat them.
>>
>>2197958

>"Death cap mushrooms, amanita phalloides, have a similar appearance to safe varieties."

Tragic. Its peculiar how little mistakes and misunderstandings can have such massive consequences in life, whether its mushrooms Im sure she was pleased to see in her garden, or simply the extra second it takes to hit the brakes at an intersection.

At least the couple were happy once. Its just as sad the man lost his poor wife. To lose one is bad enough, and even worse when its such a freakish incident.
>>
>>2197981

Some berries are easily identifiable, though.

I've been eating wild raspberries since I was a kid...nothing bad ever happened. I don't think there's any poisonous berry that mimics a raspberry.
>>
>>2197995
Pretty much all berries are easily identifiable, not like mushrooms at all.
>>
>>2198002
This is kind of wrong. Like berries, there are plenty of mushrooms that don't even any dangerous mimics. Yes a lot of them do but is that a reason not to eat the ones that are piss easy to identify?
>>
>>2198012
I live in the PNW woofs and there are only about 20 mushrooms that are edible and obvious. By contrast, 3/4 berries are easily identifiable and edible.
>>
>>2198012
I wasn't saying that there are no easily identifiable mushrooms, though. Just that berries are generally way easier to ID, and a novice could do it easy with a guidebook.
>>
File: pnwwoofs.png (83KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
pnwwoofs.png
83KB, 250x250px
>>2198014

>I live in the PNW woofs
>>
>>2198014
Okay, then only eat those 20 mushrooms.
>>
>>2198019
On my own, obvs. I'm not a flea with internet access.

>>2198020
No shit.
>>
>>2197868

eat it all at once and if it is toxic, the toxins will move too fast through your digestive system to do too much harm. nibbling slowly on unknown mushrooms is how people die
>>
File: steveo1[1].jpg (19KB, 326x387px) Image search: [Google]
steveo1[1].jpg
19KB, 326x387px
Feed it to your neighbor's dog and see what it does.
>>
>>2198024
On my phone even. Jesus
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.