[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are ants bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Are ants bros?
>>
They're the only insects I kill on sight besides skeeters.
>>
I like them. I also met someone who REALLY likes them.

>work for a company that rents cabins and rooms
>boring day so i'm just helping out where i can and go to deliver some things to one of the renters in a cabin
>asking how their stay is going
>"everythings great! but we did find an ant in here! there he is"
>points to an ant on the floor and two of her friends that she brought with her just laying on the floor building obstecles for it out of random shit from their purses
>offer to bring an ant trap in case there was more
>"NO! I've named him Ant-ony."
>salute him and go on my way

As autistic as it seemed it was pretty funny.
>>
>>2196828
Since I live in a flat, they don't bother me at all. They're nice to stop and look at when taking a walk. It's especially fun when you spot a group tending to aphids.

Nuptial flight season is pretty annoying, since it's pretty hard not to step on the queens by mistake when they land everywhere, but it's still pretty nice to witness, especially when it's carpenter ant queens.
>>
File: pheidolespecqueensoldierworker.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pheidolespecqueensoldierworker.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
>>2196828
Yes best pets ever.
Far more interesting than any other invertebrate you can keep.

I'd say they are even more interesting than most small vertebrates.

All you need to start your own colony is a test tube, cotton, water and a queen you caught after a nuptial flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WErTN2e2eUk
>>
Of course. They are integral to the ecosystem, just like spiders and bees
>>
File: image.jpg (989KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
989KB, 3264x2448px
>>2196828
Spoders are better.
>>
>>2196828
No. They're mostly sisters
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.