[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

simple question /an/; can you declaw a dog like you can declaw a cat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: o-DOG-EATING-CORN-facebook[1].jpg (146KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-DOG-EATING-CORN-facebook[1].jpg
146KB, 2000x1000px
simple question /an/; can you declaw a dog like you can declaw a cat?
>>
>>2196384
Yes but first you need to insert a bullet into the head of the owner at around 1200fps
>>
why on earth would you want to declaw a dog?
>>
You could remove a dog's digits yeah.
The rest of the world, virtualy everywhere are outraged by the crush video tier barbarism that is declawing cats.
>>
no dog's claws are connected to their bloodstream unlike cats
>>
>>2196538
Why would you want to declaw a cat?
>>2197449
Same shit, different toilet.
You can remove the voice box if you move into an assisted living home that doesn't want loud barks....
>>
File: 1333759168710311.jpg (64KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1333759168710311.jpg
64KB, 340x340px
Isn't declawing a little like circumcision?

I mean, it just doesn't seem natural, like bobbing a dog's tail.

I don't want to suggest I think people who do it are bad because I know people can over-react here. I don't have dogs or cats so I admit ignorance.

I just never understood how these casual removal of body parts got to be accepted as normal. Like people talk a lot about neutering, which I am told is essential for cats.

But then I've heard it's essential for rabbits too.

So I get confused about how animals can be considered a candidate as a pet if you have to remove parts of their body to make them compatible for co-habitation.

I guess I sort of sound like a dick and don't mean to. It's just the whole animals-with-required-subtractive-surgery thing as pets always sort of confused me. It seems to me that if an animal is proper as a pet, it shouldn't require alteration.

I should confess I'm a little stoned atm.
>>
fuck declawing, learn to control your cat/dog, if they get out/run away without claws, they're fucked... its just unnatural and selfish
>>
>>2196540
They're going to most likely die if they get out, and cats use their claws a lot, it's selfish
>>
>>2197527
Not really.
Unless it's botched, circumcision has no real downsides other than making stimulation slightly less pleasurable, granted, it has no real upsides either.

Declawing a cat on the other hand, has many downsides, as instead of a protective foreskin, you are quite literally cutting the tips of their fingers off. This screws with their balance, movement, climbing, and could cause serious pain for most of their lives.

It would be similar to someone cutting the tendons in your toes.
>>
>>2197508
>Why would you want to declaw a cat?
Because cats suck?
>>
>>2196384
Wouldn't that fuck up your dog's ability to run?
>>
>>2197508
Some people seem to hate their pets.
>>
Smear it with peanut butter and drill them off.
>>
>>2196384
you shouldn't declaw either. what if your parents just took your fingers off because your fingernails made them hurt a little bit sometimes? Why do people treat their pets like a toy that is supposed to revolve around the owner?
>>
>>2197527
Neutering is done for the animal's health, there are a lot of health problems that can occur when they are not neutered. There can also be some behavioural issues, like spraying with male cats. it's natural behaviour, and you can't train them to not spray.
>>
>>2197527

As an intactivist, it's even worse. It's painful as heck for the cat and often makes walking difficult.
>>
>>2197688

>Unless it's botched, circumcision has no real downsides other than making stimulation slightly less pleasurable

It actually causes the formation of abnormal nerve growths in the circumcision scar and removes the main sensory structures of the penis. The foreskin isn't just a covering for the glans--it's primary erogenous tissue in itself.

The common misconception is that the glans is where most of the pleasure is and the foreskin exists just to protect it. That may be the case with certain other mammals, but the human foreskin is different in innervation and function from the penile sheath of other creatures. No other mammal studied has a foreskin as specialized as that of the human.

More info from Drs. Cold (physician/pathologist) and McGrath (anatomist/pathology professor)

http://www.cirp.org/library/anatomy/cold-mcgrath/
>>
I had a couple cats that were declawed. (not my choice, i was very young at the time) If i were to get another cat, what would be the best way to keep them from fucking things up with their claws?
>>
>>2198135
Designated scratching post and spritz them with a water bottle if they try to scratch on anything else.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.