[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family got a puppy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: My Movie_1.webm (2MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
My Movie_1.webm
2MB, 426x240px
Hey /an/, my sister got a shelter dog 2 months ago, he's around 8-9 months old, some sort of lab-hound-pit plus other shit mix. He's the one on the right his name is Rai. He's been about that size since we got him.

My Dad had been bitching about this free husky puppy he could score for free from a cousin's friend and went ahead and got him yesterday. His name is Hyoga, hes 10 weeks exactly today.

These two are me and my sister's first dogs ever, and the first time my parents ever own more than one dog, or one that small for that matter.

Anyways, Rai is young and outgoing, we're still trying to fix a small biting issue he has. I took this video of them playing, we keep them separate while Rai is off-leash, and let Hyoga out of his kennel while Rai is on a leash or place Rai in the kennel and Hyoga out.

Me and my mom did let them "play". Rai kept trying to pin Hyoga and Hyoga kept growling and trying to bite him. When Rai would manage to pin Hyoga he would start biting him. Once Hyoga started mixing growls with weeps we seperated them.

My main question is, how do we handle them living together? at least until Hyoga grows some more, he's still clearly not strong enough to handle Rai on his own.

P.S. Hyoga is kinda shy, he lets himself be petted but tries to run away when picked up, but doesn't struggle once in your arms. He also won't budge when we tried putting a leash on him for a walk. I'm guessing we got to give him plenty of treats. Any rec on what types of treats to give a dog this age and size? he didn't seem too eager to get Rai's treats even when we made crushed them up a bit.

He does eat his food pretty fucking fast though.
>>
How did you introduce them? Did you go to puppy school?

If not just let them assert dominance
>>
>>2195638

I wasn't there, but my parents had Hyoga in the car after just picking him up, my sister brought up Rai several houses up the neighborhood. Apperently Hyoga was really afraid at first, and Rai very excited (but Rai gets really excited at the sight of any dog). Hyoga was hugging the ground and my sis kept Rai from Hyoga until Hyoga went up to him. I don't know anything other than that since I wasn't there.

According to my dad, he heard Rai going around Hyoga's kennel for at least 3 hours last night, and when I woke up today they were trying to bite each other through the fence that separates them
>>
>>2195638
>>2195643

also, yeah, we're taking Hyoga to puppy lessons later today.

He also has a litter box that my dad thought he could use to shit. He picked up that the litter box was for shitting right away, and he's still trying to figure out how to piss on it.

I don't like the litter box though, it makes kinda of mess since Hyoga isn't a cat, and he'll get on it sometimes barely avoiding stepping on his own shit.
>>
>>2195643
Sounds like they were introduced too early and in a poor manner.

Also why the fuck did he choose a litter box? Just take the dog out every few hours.

Odd dog names too, makes me think theyre from a game or you're Spanish/ Mexican
>>
File: Hyoga is best Bronze.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hyoga is best Bronze.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>2195655

yup, Mexican it is. Hyoga is this nigga in pic related, and I think my sister picked Rai when I jokingly told her to name the dog after Raiden from MGS

Also, my dad is very stubborn. He didn't want the dog shitting and pissing everywhere, Rai has a patch of dirt that works for him pretty well that he found right away.

I'm for taking the dog out, but still haven't figured out how to take him out on a leash, he just won't budge, then again its only been one day.
>>
>>2195663
It could be hes lazy or stressed. Consider a harness instead of a leashcto begin with, but remember to not pull too hard.

Seriously try and talk to your dd about letting to dogs crap in the yard, its probs stressful and rather gross for them to have to go inside. Perhaps take on cleanup duty twice weekly and offer to maintain the lawn, dont plea but come to an agreement.
>>
>>2195667
>>2195667
the litter box is outside, and like I said Rai already poops in a patch of dirt outside that he likes.

Also, whats the best way to pick up fresh dog poop? My sis likes to wait a couple of days once its dry and pick it up all at once.

P.S. he's been out of his kennel all morning and he still hasn't pooped, even after eating, what do? got to take him to puppy class in like 20 minutes!
>>
Young dogs are craven for attention, you can fix Rai's biting problem through yelping and then ignoring when they nip too hard.

Don't chastise, just teach that if they play too rough, they won't get attention.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.