[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official kitty cat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: orange-cat.jpg (34KB, 451x338px) Image search: [Google]
orange-cat.jpg
34KB, 451x338px
Hey /an/, my family got a cat from my uncles farm about a year ago to replace the cat we had before that.. anyway this cat always meows and seems to require constant attention when it isn't sleeping. We buy him good quality food and change his litter regularly so he's fine in that regard.

He gets very little exercise though, other than sprinting around meowing his face off. How much exercise/playtime should he be getting? I'd be willing to commit to some sort of daily playtime or training schedule if it made him more content in the long run! Any other ideas would be appreciated

Pic related is not him but that's what he looks like.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195175
Doges are objectively better than cats.
>>
so my cat can't seem to retract one of her claws
I found it stuck into her paw pad, trimmed it and pulled the tip of the claw out of the wound, but she hasn't been able to retract it since
she doesn't seem to be in any pain or anything, but should I take her to the vet? she's constantly licking it, although that might just be from the cut
>>
>>2195189
Yes
>>
>I got an animal
>Do I have to pay attention to it?

I dont understand this. Just pay attention to it. Get a laser light, drag string around, get it something to climb on, etc. Cats and dogs are engrained into our heads as something that is nothing less convenient to us. the perfect cat or dog that is happy to lay there until we want it to love us. What amount of excerise they need is individual. He may need an hour. Or hours. One cat and two of my dogs(they are ancient) require little of this and it depends if they are in the 'mood' but wlcoupled with the other cat and dog I'm walking two dogs a minimum five times a day and constantly trying to keep the other cat busy. I chase him, throw stuff for him, and let him run against me for hours. I may be lucky in terms that I can multitask while doing these things. The other dog tires out with so many walks and a good long chase around the yard. I'd love to sit on the internet after work for the rest of the day but I have them(despite only two are actually mine) but it keeps them happy and stimulated which means they are less annoying to me when I actually want some real downtime.
>>
>>2195232
OP here, I didn't go out of my way to get this cat, my family did. Frankly I would prefer a dog but the cat is with us for the foreseeable future even though no one in my family seems to want to invest any time into bettering it's life outside of feeding it and scooping up its shit.

It's super fucking annoying and I assume it's so annoying because it's starved for attention and exercise, so for both mine and the cats sakes I'm wondering if there is a "sweet spot" as far as play time or simple training me and him can enjoy. I'm not a fan of cats but any animal under my care deserves a happy life.
>>
>>2195232
OP again, sorry I re-read your post and I didn't mean to be so accusatory in my first response. Thanks for the advice
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.