[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: JUPdceed_pavouk2.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
JUPdceed_pavouk2.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
So /an/, a spider (looks like pic.) just ran under my desk, which is right next to my bed. I cant move the desk, i fucking hate spiders, and i think you get what i want to ask, but anyways, how do i kill it? I tried flushing it out with deodorant body spray, but it didnt come out and i cant see under the desk
>>
>>2195144
Dude it's a brown recluse
>>
>>2195148
No its not, they dont even live in my country, i think its some kind of house spider
>>
Step #1:
do not fear spiders. fearing spiders is a human instinct from times of old. it no longer applies.
Step #2:
refer to step #1
>>
File: image.png (428KB, 654x654px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
428KB, 654x654px
>>2195144
Beautiful house spider m80
Though if it was running at lightning speed, it's probably a sac spider. Move the desk and drown the book lungs in its abdomen with kitchen cleaner if you won't put it outside.
>>
File: Bez názvu.png (202KB, 633x431px) Image search: [Google]
Bez názvu.png
202KB, 633x431px
>>2195157
>>
>>2195159
Removing the desk is not the option, it would propably take a few hours.
>>
>>2195157
It should still apply. I'm not going to trust a spider if I don't know what it is. I won't freak out though if I can identify it.
>>
>>2195170
Well, you already know it isn't one of the handful of species that could pose any sort of threat to you. Isn't that identification enough?
>>
>>2195156
If you know what it is then why are you being such a goddamn pussy about it?
>>
>>2195144
How the fuck is that thing a house spider?
House spiders here are the size of that thing's head.
>>
Vacuum cleaner?
>>
>>2195162
Fly poster pls go.
>>
>>2195144
Isn't that just a huntsman? If so, those guys are pretty harmless.
>>
>>2195744
No, it's an agelenid. Who are also harmless.
>>
File: Sieppaa.png (824KB, 666x552px) Image search: [Google]
Sieppaa.png
824KB, 666x552px
I just got a spider laid.
I caught a fruit fly, dropped it into a spider web, and witnessed a bizarre ritual where a smaller male spider suddenly charged into the net while the female was subduing the fruitfly. The male started cutting apart the fly and the female from the net, began grooming the female, and within 5 minutes, they were down to business.

Look at this alpha male. Good luck, spider bro. May your spawn spread far and wide, and capture many flies.
>>
>>2195750
I hate to break it to you but if you mean the thing on the bottom left that's a harvestman and you just killed that spider.
>>
>>2195772
Nah, the harvest man I put into that web as well, to work as bait.
That fuck was completely entangled into the webbing.

Also, the spiders didn't even notice the harvestman, they were too busy banging by the fruitfly.
>>
>>2195787
That makes more sense. I know they can eat spiders but I've never heard of one being able to wander into a web and getting away with it.
>>
>>2195789
Seeing how the Harvestmen and Web Spinning spiders normally live very different lifestyles, I don't think they encounter each other that often. Non web spinning spiders on the other hand, live on the ground just like harvestmen.
>>
>>2195750
Out of curiosity, I checked on the web again, and the male spider was still hanging around there, despite it having been hours since it mated with the female?
Do spiders form couples?
>>
>>2195926
No, but some spiders let the male hang out on their web for a while after mating. They're safer there than outside of it.
>>
>>2195157
>do not fear spiders. fearing spiders is a human instinct from times of old. it no longer applies.

Right, because there aren't ANY spiders out there that could kill your ass with one bite, let alone any that would kill you with one bite and give you a 4 hour long painful boner. Or one that would make your skin start decaying. You do realize that fearing things from "times of old" is still entirely relevant today right?
>>
>>2195943
Not unless you live in the third world. Do you live in the third world?
>>
>>2195946
Even in the third world there aren't that many dangerous spiders.

>>2195943
Not when the spiders you are mentioning are a minority.
>>
>>2195946
i live in the US and black widows and brown recluse both live near me. have you seen what the fuck a brown recluse bite does to your skin
>>
>>2196249
>have you seen what the fuck a brown recluse bite does to your skin

Oh boy, here we go.
>>
File: eratigena-agrestis-12.jpg (549KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
eratigena-agrestis-12.jpg
549KB, 1000x750px
honestly

It's a hobo spider. Eratigena agrestis. Commonly called a "house spider" as well. They've got a nasty bite and aren't super-fearful so you're likely to get a nip if you handle them carelessly, but they're not dangerous. They also really don't resemble brown recluses much at all, except by virtue of both being brown spiders.

Males have larger pedipalps.
>>
>>2196255
If you can somehow tell hobos apart from other Eratigena or Tegenaria species from a single shitty quality picture that doesn't even depict the actual spider OP saw then I applaud you.

Or you can't, and you're just trying to sound smart.
>>
Crossthreading since this seems like the current /brownreclusegeneral/
>>2196267
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.