[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Invaisive Species

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 36

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Are you guys doing you're part to stop the spread of invaisive species in you're area?

I'm trying, but it is hard to keep up.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195058
Please don't release aquarium fish into large bodies of water. Just flush them instead.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195059
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195060
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195063
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195064
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195067
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>
Nice work keep it up!
>>
You are probably making them stronger by selecting upon them. But do what you will.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195075
>>2195074
Every little bit helps
>tfw you get a little guy before it even has a chance to breed
>>
Your actions are not biologically significant, just some cruelty by an edgy teen.
>>
>>2195076
>Every little bit helps
That's patently untrue.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195077
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195079
You would be suprised
>>
>>2195079
>1 fish can make 1000 fish
>kill 1 fish, you kill 1000 that would have existed 2 years later
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195086
Now your getting it!
>>
Pepsifag?
>>
I'm mostly dealing with plants. I'm taking measures to keep a nearby hill free of Lupinus polyphullus, Alchemilla mollis, and other invasives in favour of native meadow flowers. It's been going well so I'm thinking of raiding a certain different place overrun by Impatiens glandulifera next year.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195088
Who?
>>
File: 20160523_102427-2.jpg (261KB, 483x792px) Image search: [Google]
20160523_102427-2.jpg
261KB, 483x792px
>>2195090
A professional snek killer
>>
>>2195058
You in Florida by any chance?
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195092
Bullseye Snakehead country
>>
>>2195067
sleep tight little flopper
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195089
Damn, invaisive plants are a bitch. You should probably just set the whole hillside on fire.
>>
>>2195059
Snakeheads were not introduced into floridas waters by aquarist. You can thank the Chinese for there shitty buildings being destroyed during the hurricanes that caused this. Also see you on /out/ wish I was in Florida
>>
>>2195090
Tripfag basketball american that drives a pepsi truck, shits up the truckerfag threads on /o/ and fishing threads on /out/.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195099
I know. But there are so many plecos and cichlids from aquarium owners. I need to get me a spear or frog gigging pole so I can get after the plecos. I think the cichlid fight is over though, they won the war and just took over everywhere bluegill would exist.
>>
>>2195059
Flushing them does not always guarantee death. I've seen some cities dump raw sewage into rivers and that's how some big goldfish were introduced
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195102
Sounds like a cool dude
>>
>>2195104
I heard the plecos are fucking up lakes. But the big ones sell for big bucks if you find the right buyer. The people with money like wild caught fish. Same with most cichlids you catch there if you're willing to ship to people up north. Oscars are tasty.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195110
Some of the lakes and canals are so fucking infested with plecos. They would be really easy to catch with a net (or spear) but can't really be caught on rod and reel.

And I guess the oscars used to be really big around here, but there was a cold winter years back that wiped most of them out and the Mayan cichlids took over. There is another cichlid I see a lot but they are slightly smaller and I would probably need UL gear for them. Greyish in color with 3 veritical black lines that kind of come to a dot in the middle of each of the stripes. And I have seen a few others too, one canal had some bright orange ones that were probably Midas cichlids.
>>
Hey OP find some wildlife rehabs that may be able to use dead animals. I worked at a bird of prey rehab that used fresh and even not so fresh kills for the vultures
>>
>>2195058
Why not just pop the vein under it's gills like, you know, a normal person?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195122
Hmm, maybe the could be gator food at one of the parks. Although you would have to be real careful transporting them just in case the eggs survive.

I normally just leave them for the birds, raccoons, and stray cats. They are gone within a day or two.
>>
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195126
The knoife right behind the brain stops them quick enough.
>>
>>2195116
Sounds like a convict cichlid. They breed an insane amount.
>>
File: image.jpg (414KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414KB, 3264x2448px
>>2195136
I think that's it. I saw a bunch of them at a lake I was at today. I knew I recognized them from years in the pet store but I always kept African cichlids. I was thinking Jack Dempseys for a second but remembered they have the green color. Pic related was from a canal a couple weeks ago, I'm thinking Midas.
>>
Its illegal to release a snakehead if you catch it BTW.
By law you have to kill it.
Not OP, just came across that one day.
>>
>>2195130
>kill invasive species to help another invasive species
You should at least try to do something nice with the carcass
>>
>>2195082
I've been paid to study it in lizards and I've read the research for walking catfish and plecos in florida, killing a few random individuals is useless.
>>2195086
>1 fish can make 1000 fish
>kill 1 fish, you kill 1000 that would have existed 2 years later
unless the limit of the fish population is not it's ability to reproduce, which is always the case.
>>
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195182
I don't got time for all that.

>>2195183
It's not just a couple random fish. I have actually made quite a dent in them in my one fishing hole. Also remember that these are fierce predators so less sneks means more food for the fish that should be in there and then the bass and gar can grow big and eat more baby sneks.
>>
They are clearly superior to the local fauna.

Why contain it?
>>
>>2195191
You're just helping another invasive species, one which i bet is worse than some dumb old fish
>>
>>2195191
>I have actually made quite a dent in them in my one fishing hole
give me a number so I can laugh at you
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195194
I would rather see other non native fish thrive.

The sneks are fun to catch, but when you watch them you start to understand why they have the potential to wreck an ecosystem. Most of the native predator fish are lazy, especially when the water gets real warm in the summer. They slow down, don't eat as much, and only go for easy prey. Meanwhile the snakeheads are really active with the heat, they will hunt in shallow water, rocks, and weeds where normal predators don't go so smaller species and young fish don't have a change, and they can survive in low oxygen water conditions that will kill other species.
>>
>>2195199
you know gar breathe air just fine, right?
>>
>>2195196
Maybe two dozen fish within the past 6 or 8 months in a small lake definitely slows them down a bit. I can tell the difference when I fish there. And I'm not the only one who fishes there. A couple other people will kill them too but some people are ignorant and will keep bass while throwing snakeheads back. These fish take time to mature and reach breeding age. It is possible for anglers to make a huge difference in these smaller lakes.

There are a lot of anglers in the area. If everybody did their part and killed the snakeheads while releasing native fish, it would make a big difference. They aren't like the plecos because you don't catch plecos on hook and line while targeting other species. If you don't think fishermem impact fish populations (especially in urban areas) then you are really naive.

Another thing to remember is these fish haven't been established in the area for that long and are still limited to a fairly small area of lakes and canals. If every angler that caught one of these things were to get rid of it, the fish have no chance of flourishing and spreading.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195200
They are some retarded fish though. Nothing close to the hunters that the sneks are.
>>
>>2195206
>Maybe two dozen fish within the past 6 or 8 months in a small lake
lol, yeah, you're a moron
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195210
>I studied lizards once
These lakes aren't that big and other people are constantly fishing these waters. As mentioned before, you would be incredibly naive (or stupid, dense, ignorant, etc.) to believe anglers couldn't make a huge difference if everybody does their part every time they catch one. I know I'm not going to make much of a difference myself in the big picture, but there are far fewer snakeheads along the side where I always fish. If all of the anglers there agreed to C&R all of the bass and keep every snakehead from this one lake, it would probably only take a couple years before the sneks would have difficulty maintaining a breeding population. The problem would be far worse by now if people weren't catching them and killing them.

If you ever take up fishing and target freshwater fish, you will see what a difference there is between lakes in populated areas that are fished often, stocked lakes, and relatively untouched lakes. These bodies of water don't support a million apex predators and these fish don't grow to mature breeding size overnight.
>>
>if everybody did X things would be different
yeah, no shit. unfortunately what you're hoping for is not going to happen because the people are there to wound and kill all the fish you like.
>>
>>2195230
Except for the fact that these lakes and canals are already fished heavily and the snakeheads will go for the same baits that people are using for bass. Those of us that do kill the snakeheads are probably the reason why there are any bass left in the lakes at all. And if more of these people were educated and were keeping snakeheads for dinner instead of bass, it wouldn't take long for the populations to decrease drastically. I have already noticed a difference at the lake I have been fishing for the past year, and that is one person fishing one shoreline once every couple of weeks.

That's the difference between the snakeheads and plecos or whatever invaisive lizards. People are already out there in fairly large numbers catching them. If all the ig'nant nigs would keep the snakeheads for dinner instead of the 12" bass, it would be huge.
>>
>>2195182

>You should at least try to do something nice with the carcass

Poison them and get rid of the cats
>>
>>2195263
I kinda want to do that. There are way too many stray cats around here. I thought about going out at night with my air rifles and disposing of a few but not sure if the neighbors would like that.

On Thursday I saw a stray kitten that I thought about keeping. Little black and white long hair, couldn't have been more than 7wks old and was hiding under a trailer. But then I remembered it will turn into a cat and left him there.
>>
Seems like a great new hobby. You get to kill animals without getting into trouble and avoid the hassle of cleaning fish and game .
>>
lmao all these passive agressive replys from people who dont understand the devastating effects invasive species have on eco systems
Eat shit """moral""" fags.
>>
>>2195268
Reminder that you can help reduce the stray cat population without being an edgy animal murdering faggot.

TNR! TRAP AND RELEASE!
>>
>>2195817
Easier in large city's.
Trapped a feral that keeps having kittens at friends house. Couldn't get an appointment to get her fixed for 2 weeks. She was in the house totally flipping out for a couple days. Actually got into the fireplace and climbed up the chimney. Finally just had to leave the door open one evening and let her go.

That was a few months ago. She just had another litter.
>>
>>2195058
I can't think of a single ""invasive"" species that's been eradicated?

Any one have any examples?

I know most colonization attempts by non natives fail initially, but I can't think of any large scale efforts that have eliminated a population considered to be invasive.
>>
>>2195826
That sucks. There's maybe a dozen places that fix ferals near me and I'm not in a big city.
>>
>>2195058
Hi pepsi
>>
>>2195817
That doesn't seem feasible in rural areas.
>>
>>2195105
>goldfish can survive sewers
>novice aquarium owners still manage to kill them within weeks
>>
>>2195263
Might kill other animals than you intend to if you use poison. If you can It's best to just shoot them if they are a nuisance.
>>
>>2195837
Sewers are usually cleaner than the average persons first aquarium.
>>
yous rayccist, that fish a good boy, dindu nuffin! He went to church erry sunday! he a good boy! you rayccist!
>>
I'm always happy to see people spreading awareness of invasives. Definitely one of the worst environmental/economic problems today
>>
>>2195836
In the rural area where I live feral cats are not an issue.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2195849
>implying anybody cares about black on snek violence
>>
>>2195810
Ecosystems are unstable by default. They have always changed and adapted. The only species that can destroy them are humans.
>>
Thank you snek hunter anon, don't listen to these idiots bitching at you for killing invasive species. Keep up the good work, I hope others follow suit.
>>
>>2195830

Populations of feral goats have been successfully destroyed from islands where they are a huge problem, one of them being Isabela. http://all-that-is-interesting.com/project-isabela
>>
>>2195058
>Are you guys doing you're part to stop the spread of invaisive species in you're area?
Yeah, I shoot every cat I see roaming around on my property.
>>
>>2195058
I try by killing outdoor cats.
>>
fucking snakeheads reeeeeee
>>
>>2196081
nigger
>>
>>2196151
You probably let your cats roam outside and then act shocked when they turn up dead or they "disappear". An outdoor cat is a stray cat and a stray cat is a dead one.
>>
>>2196164
Definition of stray is a animals without an owner. You retarded backwoods nigger.
>>
>>2195058

As a general rule the only fish I catch and eat are invasives.
>>
>>2195059

Don't be a jerk. Kill them fish instead of making them suffer.

>>2195268

You should have taken it to a shelter. Adult cats are impossible to tame but feral kittens make good pets.
>>
>>2196273
>kill fish but not cats who kill billions of birds a year

Fucking idiot
>>
>>2196169
If it had an owner they would be present. You don't just leave your pet unattended. Outside cat owners like to pretend that they take care of those pests but they don't actually care.
>>
>>2196275

Do you hate cats? It's just a kitten. If it was adopted it'd hopefully be an inside cat.
>>
>>2196280
"Hopefully". Sadly a massive amount of cat people don't give enough of a shit to keep them indoors.
>>
Ignore the rest of the moralfags, you're doing good work OP. I need to learn how to use my rifle so I can start chipping away at the populations of rabbits and invasive birds on my property. I've started planting more native trees to hopefully attract more native birds but we have a big Indian Myna population that I need to work on whittling down.
>>
>Are you guys doing you're part to stop the spread of invaisive species in you're area?

Yes, I abstain from breeding and try to encourage others to do the same in order to stop the invasive species that is the human race.
>>
>>2195810
You're the moralfag. I don't really care if ecosystems change or stay the same, nature finds a way.
>>
>>2195861
>The only species that can destroy them are humans.
no.. just.. no, that's facebook tier idiocy. If i saw this on any other board i'd safely assume its bait, but not here.
Animals can literally destroy ecosystems, how you've come to believe otherwise i have no clie
>>
>>2196081
>>2196164
Good thing my cats and I live in a 700k+ suburb.

I do hope you're all voting Hillary though.
>>
>>2196353
Thank you whitey.

t. Jamal and his ten children
>>
>>2195194
>what is biodiversity?

kys
>>
>>2196358

lmfao

muh ecological sustainability

if you like to eat fish you should care about ecosystem change
>>
I found a lamprey as a kid and caught it with a small net we were catching super small fish with. It had pink spots up and down its body and a huge on on its head. It was staying completely still for a minute as I tried to figure out what it was before catching it. Pretty sure something was wrong with it. I put it in a bucket and showed my parents but they released it back. Even as a kid it felt wrong, but I honestly doubt it lived much longer.
>>
cats are actually probably the most destructive invasive pest in many areas, destroying populations of ground dwelling mammals and birds alike. While I think trap-neuter-return programs are a good solution, I honestly can't argue with anons like >>2196081
>>
>>2196358
this attitude results in the extinction of most of the diversity in life existing today
>>
>>2195058
When I was younger I wanted to study viruses and biology and make basically life threatening STDs that would only attack X species to best avoid native fauna from getting hurt.

But then I realized that there is no money in conservation and I would be in so much debt with college combined with research.
>>
i want to move to new zealand and steal all the drosera capensis there
>>
>>2196275
This is a lie.
I've read the reports.

>10-20 billion birds total in the U.S.
>this includes all birds, puffins, eagles, seagulls etc.
>cats kill 2-4 billion a year.
>biggest reason for decline in bird population is loss of habitat.
>so that's ATLEAST 4-8 billion lost a year.
>cats aren't killing predator species.
>small birds would be extinct in the U.S. within 5 years according to their numbers.
>>
>>2196751
I've always wondered how many of those birds the cats are killing are even native. The only birds my cat ever brought home were house sparrows and common starlings.
>>
>>2196751
You don't think 2-4 billion birds is huge? You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>2196761
That's a fake number.
Read the reports, I have.

They're based on very, very small research groups, then extrapolated to country size.
They even use "statistics from other countrys" to fill in their nonexistent data.

If cats killed 2-4 billion songirds a year, there would be no songbirds in the U.S. today.
>>
File: Fountain Grass.jpg (184KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fountain Grass.jpg
184KB, 800x500px
Down here in Henderson NV invasive plants are a huge issue. Pic related was originally brought in as a decorative plant but quickly spread through the wild choking out native species. An environmentalist group has an event where they go out with picks, shovels, and a shitton of trash bags to try and remove Fountain Grass across the city.
>>
>>2196770
I have read "the reports". You're the one trying to disputed a fact, why don't you show me these imaginary "reports" that you claim to have read, bird hater?
>>
>>2196797

http://www.stateofthebirds.org/2014
http://www.massaudubon.org/our-conservation-work/wildlife-research-conservation/statewide-bird-monitoring/state-of-the-birds/
>>
>>2196797

http://www.wildlifemanagementinstitute.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=610:new-research-suggests-outdoor-cats-kill-more-wildlife-than-thought&catid=34:ONB+Articles&Itemid=54

>"the study attached “KittyCams” to 60 outdoor house cats near Athens, Georgia. "

>“If we extrapolate the results of this study across the country and include feral cats

This is how they get 4 billion dead birds.
>>
>>2196807
You're fucking retarded. From your own source

"The domestic cat represents one of the most serious threats to breeding birds in North America. Recent analyses indicate that at least one billion birds are taken by cats annually in the US, and the total number may be much higher. The species most affected are native songbirds, which have a total US population estimated at only 10 to 20 billion so that this annual loss is quite significant. Predators are the number one cause of nest failure for our breeding birds, and domestic cats, which we can control, contribute substantially to this source of mortality."

Can you read? Apparently not.
>>
>>2196807
>>2196817
I see what you did there. Post a link where you have to dig for the information and expect that people won't bother reading (like how you didn't bother reading).

Cat owners are the most disgusting and stupid people I've ever met.
>>
>>2196797

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/journal/v4/n1/full/ncomms2380.html

>"We augmented US predation data by incorporating predation rate estimates from other temperate regions "

>"however, window and building collisions have been suggested to cause even greater mortality"

>"we developed probability distributions of predation rates on birds and mammals."
They literally created their own mathimatical formulas to drastically increase the death count from everyone else's numbers, and now everyone quotes them, even though they have no direct evidence.
>>
>>2196817
You realize those birds would be extinct if those numbers were correct, right?
>>
>>2196827
They're going to go extinct if retards like you keep in breeding.
>>
>>2196817

>Predators are the number one cause of nest failure for our breeding birds

Not cats, predators.
So owls, hawks, snakes, foxes....
>>
>>2196829
They would have gone extinct already.
Do you think feral cats are something that just happened last year?
Do the math.
>>
>>2196831
But cats are predators
>>
>>2196081
You niggers are the biggest reason why actual wildcats are going extinct.
>>
>>2196831
Predators include cats you retarded fuck. Did you not read the first sentence of that paragraph? From the source that you provided?

>cat owners being this fucking stupid
>>
>>2196837
>huurrr durrr I'm pretending to care about wildlife but I let my shitty pet kill birds
>>
>>2196832
There are up to 20 million of them. 1 or 2 billion being slaughtered by disgusting pests is HUGE but it's not going to (immediately) cause extinction.
>>
>>2196840
They've done the study, but use a vague term like "substantial".
They have numbers.
But they don't even say " majority".
"Substantial" could be 20%...

If you read all the reports, you'll find that their number is impossible.

Loss of habitat is the number one cause of population decline.
Buildings alone account for over half a billion.
Do you really think cats eat more than hawks, owls, Foxes, snakes?

According to the studys, 20 billion a year die- out of 20 billion.
That's why I linked them, so you could see their numbers.
>>
>>2196841
I dont give a shit if you kill someones cat but when you kill a native animal that is endangered you cross the fucking shit line. So fucking watch yourself you trigger happy nigger.
Also
>implying I own a cat
I prefer snakes.
Here's your fucking (You)
Now fuck off this board and don't come back.
>>
>>2196853
>hurr durr according to the reports..

According to the reports that YOU posted I am correct. Domestic cats are terrible for wildlife.
>>
>>2196856
wew
>>
>>2196860
Exactly my point.
>reports
Latest one says cats kill a huge number.
Other reports say huge numbers are killed from several other things.
All the huge numbers put together means extinction in one year.

Feral cats have been here since before this country was a country. We brought them over to the colony's.

One group makes up numbers and everyone quotes them.

I'm not saying cats don't kill birds.
I'm saying their numbers don't add up.

Read the reports, theres a lot more out there.

I've also looked at the list of "1 in 3 birds endangered"- majority are sea birds that cats have nothing to do with.

Go ahead and be pissed off at ferals killing blue jays- but don't be some sheeple that believes cats are the cause of an extinction event, they're a very small part.
Go complain about that new mall or soccer field that's destroying habitat- that's a bigger issue.
>>
>>2196873
fuck off.
>>
>>2195077
>Your actions are not biologically significant
That's because not enough people are doing it. Everyone should do their part. If teens need to be edgy they can be edgy in a constructive manner.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2196913
>tfw OP is just an edgy 26yo
There are a few other fisherman I know who kill the sneks they catch in these lakes, but they normally catch them while going for bass. I specifically target them sometimes because they put up a good fight and are active on warm days when the bass are lazy shits.
>>
>>2196751
>they're not the biggest issue so we should just ignore them completely.
>>
File: 1468344380176.gif (60KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
1468344380176.gif
60KB, 300x276px
>>2197144
No where in that post did it suggest that.
>>2196875
This right here nails it on the head. While it's good to do something about feral/outdoor cats our priority should be focused on preventing habitat destruction.
>>
>>2195058
Do some states or localities require licenses to catch snakeheads?
How and when do you catch them? I'm in Maryland near the Bay so there's probably lots here.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2197333
Checked

I'm sure you need a regular freshwater fishing license. Most states will be <$20 for a year and you can buy them at any tackle shop or even Walmart.

I get the majority of mine on spinners, especially inlines like Mepps. They go crazy for the vibrations. They seem to hang out in calm, fairly shallow water and they like to hide in small weed patches and ambush anything that swims past. So I run a Mepps right over the top of weed patches and they will come shooting out of there and grab the lure. They will hit other lures too, and I'm sure live minnows will work.

I'm in FL though, so we get the bullseye snakehead while Maryland has the northern snakehead. Their behavior should be about the same though, they just have different color patterns. Make sure you know the difference between snakeheads and bowfin.
>>
>>2195058
You seem to take pleasure in killing and hurting things, OP. That's a clear indication of a psychotic mentality.

Seriously - get psychiatric help, before you hurt a human. Make an appointment tomorrow.
>>
What are these "snakes" and why should I kill them?
>>
>>2197611
An invasive predatory fish that breeds expotentially
>>
>>2197611
Snake heads. A hyper aggressive fish that can and will fuck up an ecosystem. It's not a matter of live and let live, these things are an actual problem.
>>2197607
Every time a snake head is killed it benefits native wildlife, OPs mental state is irrelevant in this regard.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2197607
>>2197615
I believe the bullseyes can actually breed twice a year down here. Once in the late spring and again at the end of the summer.
>>
>>2197617
>>2197615
>the niggers of the water
>>
ITT: People who don't understand how animal populations work.

Killing snakeheads is fine, but at least don't delude yourself into thinking you're making a difference by killing a few here and there.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2197627
There's actually a pretty good chance of slowing down the spread of these fish in South Florida. They haven't been loose for that long and are still limited to a relatively small are. There are tons of fisherman around here, I'm just doing my part to raise awareness and it is possible to stop them before they rape the Everglades.
>>
>>2197607
Fuck off you confused psychotic with psychopathic. Fucking imbecile.
>>
>>2197607
its a fucking fish you big ugly girl
>>
>>2197629
Do you also eat them? The bigger ones would look pretty decent on a grill.
>>
>>2198855
Nah, but I don't eat shit I catch. Supposedly they are good eating, that's how they got to the US in the first place. If the fishing spots were more popular, I would give them to anybody nearby who was fishing for a meal.

People have suggested selling them to a restaurant or donatinf them or some shit but it isn't worth the effort.
>>
>>2195058
What sort of fish is that OP? asain carp or catfish or something? I remember seeing how they are completely fucking up rivers in the states. Canadafag here, only invasive species we've got here are Filipino people
>>
>>2198890
Snakeheads. I release invasive species on purpose and holy fuck does it give me a hardon when I hear about it on the news.
>>
>>2198883
Them damn china men don't give a fuck they'll eat every thing in sight including guppies
>>
>>2198894
>guppies
Just image how crispy they would be fried.
>>
>>2198894
Who has the webm of the Asian guy in the park with the goose trying to stick it in a bag?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2198890
Asian Carp are the ones that you see in the Illinois river and they jump into the air when boats go past.

Btw, those Asian Carp are really close to getting into Lake Michigan, and when that happens it's just a matter of time before they spread throughout Canada.

>tfw no snakeheads today
That spot slowed down a lot since I have been killing them. But I did get a ton of Mayan Cichlids, another invaisive species. They pretty much took over for bluegill in South Florida. I catch 10 Mayans for every 1 bluegill.
>>
>>2198975
It's fun to hit them with bats as they jump out of the water
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>2198989
I always thought it would be fun to go out with a shotgun and basically skeet shoot with the carp.

We have lots of grass carp around here, and some places I guess it is illegal to keep them. They were introduced to keep weeds and algae in check because with the FL sun and no winter, the lakes would be completely green.
>>
>>2198992
Not sure what laws would be on it.
And of course use steel shot only.
But you'd have to experiment, I don't think no. 7 or 8 shot would get enough penetration through the water.- would have to go to buckshot I'd guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 938x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 938x598px
>>2199009
>penetration through the water
>>
>>2199009
Nah son get yourself a baseball bat and hit those fuckbois like my boy Dugan https://youtu.be/dFczIQlMo3o
>>
>>2199010
These carp can hurt you pretty by jumping into the boat. They need exterminated.
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.