[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Otters!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 21

I love otters. What can I say about them? They're too amazing.
>>
>>2194871
are they though? why are they amazing? make a case. bitch.
>>
File: 1327696353753.jpg (131KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
1327696353753.jpg
131KB, 800x495px
>>2194871

Erryone lurves otters

<3
>>
Well for one, they are a great conductor on if the ecosystem is healthy.
>>
>>2194879
otters practice group rape

FACT

not so lovable now huh?
>>
>>2194876
How can anyone not?
>>
>>2194883
Meh. I've known that for a few years. Still pretty awesome to me. House cats mate through rape.
>>
>>2194883
>>2194883
4 out of 5 individuals that take part in group rape enjoy it.

OP's right though, otters are good
>>
>>2194891
Well I'm not so sure about the enjoyment. I just know otters are really amazing animals. It's my dream to help them!
>>
File: 1296653989743.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1296653989743.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
>>2194893

<3
>>
>>2194946
Yay! Otters! I have about a thousand photos! I've never seen them in person, but I've donated to some charities!
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 645x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 645x646px
>>2194879
>conductor
>>
>>2194879
Uhhhh indicator?
>>
File: Lontratron.png (133KB, 1007x404px) Image search: [Google]
Lontratron.png
133KB, 1007x404px
>>2194968

No, no, no... OP clearly stated 'conductor'. They are refering to the Lontramatic Bufotonic Cannon. It's used in construction in wetlands and swamps.

Look, say you are trying to build a McDonalds in the Everglades. You're going to have to work around an extremely dense flying insect population. Well, that's obviously not going to go well, because neither the contractors nor the owners or future employees or customers want to deal with the millions of flies, mosquitos, gnats etc that are going to be swarming everywhere.

Now true, you could simply bring in frogs and toads to eat them. But poor frogs and toads cant get to that many flies at once because the flies are faster than the frogs who have to sit and wait for them on the ground, precisely where the flies are not. If you try, you may end up with a bunch of dead frogs from starvation, and now you have a lawsuit and a bad PR case in the headlines. That wont do.

So what you need to do is use human engineering to improve the frog or toad so he can get to where the insects are. That means you have to make him fly. But how? If a frog had wings... well, nevermind.

Anyways, the point is we have the technology. With the Lontratron. you can simply launch thousands of frogs in the air in a plague of flying amphibians that Moses himself would've been proud of.

The otter is necessary to complete the circuit so the power can reach the launch apparatus. Without the otter, there is nothing to conduct the power and the whole thing fails. It wouldn't make sense to build a Lontramatic device with no otter, no sense at all.

Gentle laymen, all it takes is a little knowledge of science and modern engineering, which I am both very skilled in and happy to share with you all.

I hope this was helpful and, indeed, believe it was. Have a great day.
>>
>>2195137
>With the Lontratron. you can simply launch thousands of frogs in the air in a plague of flying amphibians
I don't get that part though. What role does the otter have in launching the amphibians? The schematic attached is helpful but it's unclear what circuit function the lontra candensis processes. Gigawatts are a measure of electrical power, not electric potential (which I assume you meant?)
>>
File: 1230650133257.jpg (60KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1230650133257.jpg
60KB, 512x384px
>>2195150

No, I meant gigawatts. The electrical power emanates from the voltage.

As for the otter, its a lontramatic device, first pioneered by Dr. Rutherford J. Hornblatt in the late 1890s. Therefore it cant be lontramatic unless there is an otter to complete the circuit. Otherwise, you just have empty air and the circuit never closes.

True, as technology advanced, theories were put forward hypothesizing the construction of a lontramatic device that consisted mainly of copper or dilithium tachyon capacitors, but this was proven to be folly. There simply is no substitute for otters in a lontramatic device. Without it, all you got is a bunch of wires and some toads. The otter is essential.

You mustn't question me. I have lots of degrees on my walls that support my credentials in lontramatic engineering AND theory, some of which are even from brick & mortar schools. I am quite qualified to speak on this. I have no patience for luddites and fundamentalist whack jobs, especially the Amish. I learned the hard way, you never let the Amish into one of your symposiums. Nothing but protests and riots. I wont have it.

Good day.
>>
File: probes.png (31KB, 1007x404px) Image search: [Google]
probes.png
31KB, 1007x404px
>>2195165
Oh. Sorry, I didn't know. Didn't mean to question your qualifications. I guess I was uncertain how they formed a part of the circuit.

Is this more accurate?
>>
I'm not what happened while I was at work, but I guess 4Chan happened. Oh well. Otter love! Spread it! It is the Year of the Otter after all, and its purpose is to raise awareness! Otters are truly awesome animals and I would hate to live in a world without them.
>>
File: 1329587450001.jpg (74KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1329587450001.jpg
74KB, 640x425px
>>2195513

We were just having fun.

I thought you mentioned working with them or something. Can you tell us what your plans are? I'd like the vicarious enjoyment of knowing what people with access to such an opportunity plan to do. Or anything you know about them.

Please enjoy this otter vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgFHhfEbcn8
>>
>>2195537
Well I want to work in a sanctuary or charity that helps otters. They mean everything to me! I know a lot about them, I've loved them for a few years now, but I don't really know where to start...

As for a personal achievement though, I donated 500 dollars to an otter charity already!
>>
>>2195537
Oops, I forgot to say that I don't work with them.. I actually don't even live near them. I wish I did! I've never seen an otter other than pictures... but I'd love to one day. I'm doing my best to save money so I can move and volunteer at a sanctuary or work there. Either one works... I just want to help.

Also, I feel kind of silly for making so many typos. I've been exhausted for a few days lately...
>>
I think if humans die out, descendants of otters will fill our niche. Just look at how they behave. When I see a bunch of otters/sea lions on a beach, it doesn't look much different than spring break.

Shiny, wet fat folds and hedonistic fucking and sleeping.

They're us, alright.
>>
>>2195572
Well otters are unique cause they don't have fat to protect them from the cold. Instead their fur is so thick it has about a million hairs per square inch.
>>
>>2195552
>>2195558

Thats cool. Its good to have a real passion. I too would like to know how people get started doing such work.

An is absolutely bursting with smart people, and Im sure someone here will know how to get started. See, I dont know what credentials working with such animals requires. Maybe degrees, maybe none. So we will both be learning.

Like I said, an is full of smart people, many who actually do such work. So if we hang around, one will eventually see the thread and maybe share what they know.

Perhaps you could start at a zoo. I want you to be able to sustain yourself vocationally first, then be able to transition to your passion. Often, one cant begin both at the same time. But eventually, with proper planning, Im sure you can make it a reality.

Then maybe you can come back someday and share pictures of it all. But it can happen, indeed, with some patience and planning.
>>
>>2195578
Well I have a bit of an idea of how I would like to get started. Volunteer work mostly, and I think I can get a good job to get myself sustained properly.

I also dislike zoo's... a lot of them are terrible in keeping animals, and otters are very intelligent and active animals. They're not meant to be caged up or as pets (despite how others think they're cute enough to be pets).

I am planning on moving in maybe a year or two depending on how things go at my current job. I recently got a promotion, and maybe even a raise soon. I still have to donate 500 more to the IOSF (International Otter Survival Fund). I know it's a lot, but I feel like I'm not doing anything for otters, and it gets to be pretty stressful for someone like me.
>>
>>2195590

Well it sounds like you are well on your way!

Im glad to hear your dream is becoming real. You sound like you have a great head on your shoulders, so its as good as done.

Best wishes and good luck!
>>
>>2195595
Thanks! It's the last thing I expected to read on 4chan! lol
>>
File: eoNmPkc.jpg (56KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
eoNmPkc.jpg
56KB, 700x467px
>>2194871
>>
>>2196215
>>
File: ham and cheese.jpg (2MB, 2089x3715px) Image search: [Google]
ham and cheese.jpg
2MB, 2089x3715px
>>2196217
>>
File: tumblr_ndypu4DWgA1tbqgoqo1_400.gif (210KB, 378x458px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndypu4DWgA1tbqgoqo1_400.gif
210KB, 378x458px
>>2196219
>>
File: firstblood.jpg (11KB, 284x287px) Image search: [Google]
firstblood.jpg
11KB, 284x287px
Otters fucking suck.
>>
File: 8559222832_7af5107ccb.jpg (140KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
8559222832_7af5107ccb.jpg
140KB, 500x334px
The only otter that isn't a piece of shit is the giant river otter, because it's a scary, ugly thing that doesn't act like a massive candy-ass.
>>
>>2196235

If I like candy and ass, then of what use is it?
>>
>>2194883
Marine otters. And river ver. is cuter anyway.
>>
File: db1dc_0_101de1_1977aa42_orig.jpg (113KB, 966x636px) Image search: [Google]
db1dc_0_101de1_1977aa42_orig.jpg
113KB, 966x636px
>>2196235
Even cute river otters kill dogs for fun.
>>
Otters are freaking awesome! Whoever thinks otters suck, YOU suck! They're beautiful, vicious, and amazing! They're apex predators! Their bodies are literally built for hunting. They're very fierce animals, and they could claw your face off, but they're too nice and curious most of the time. They're just happy animals that want to be around each other and play in the snow. What's NOT to love?
>>
>>2196235
All otters are amazing. Every animal is amazing in their own way, you're just too much of a piece of shit to see the beauty of any it.
>>
File: 0PAYNSt.jpg (127KB, 982x663px) Image search: [Google]
0PAYNSt.jpg
127KB, 982x663px
>>
>>2196555
See giant river otters are cool and badass. Smaller ones are just faggots
>>
>>2196740
Giant otters are cool, and smaller ones are cool too. All otters are cool!
>>
>>2196740
All otters are amazing hunters and fighters.
>>
File: otterfish.jpg (167KB, 526x296px) Image search: [Google]
otterfish.jpg
167KB, 526x296px
>>2196740
>>
>>2196857
He's so cute! I love otters so much!
>>
There is an otter family that hangs out by the river bank in my back yard. I'll post pictures of them if they pop up.
>>
>>2196865
Oh awesome! Please don't harm them! I'm so jealous! Otters are very unique animals! I beg you not to hurt them! lol
>>
File: 1462663845821.jpg (80KB, 1087x847px) Image search: [Google]
1462663845821.jpg
80KB, 1087x847px
>>2196871
>dont harm them
Are you kidding I love them! It's fucking fantastic to sit on my lawn and watch them frolic and chase salmon and trout and act like non-retarded seals.. I dont know how otters work but out of the 4 that come by one of them is fucking huge. Do males or females get really big?
>>
>>2197284
Males are bigger than the females. I'm not really sure what kind of otters are around where you live, but if you live in the US it would definitely be the common otter (Lontra Canadensis).

Personally, they're my favorite type of otter, and I am in love with EVERYTHING about them! I could go on forever!

But I'll spare you all my nonsense... Anyway, yeah males are typically bigger than females.
>>
>>2197441
I live in the northwest of America and as far as I know we got sea otters and river otters.
>>
>>2197488
Yeah, but it's pretty easy to spot the difference between otters, or at least it is for me... I guess that's not a fair thing to say. I've loved and studied them for years. I can tell the difference between all 13 species.
>>
File: Fish_otter_fur-skins.jpg.cf.jpg (55KB, 1001x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fish_otter_fur-skins.jpg.cf.jpg
55KB, 1001x400px
Otter is awesome.
So fluffy and warm...
>>
>>2197503
I hope your house catches on fire.
>>
>>2197531

I hope you reach old age as the same person you are now.
>>
>>2197531
I'm actually what most people consider a tree hugger.
I know its hard to fathom this in the suburbs.
But shit dies so you can live.
Are you sitting on a leather couch,/chair right now?
Is there a leather belt/jacket/shoes in your closet?
Did you have a bigmac or chicken fingers for lunch this week?

Where do you think all of that comes from (?)
>>
>>2197531
>>2197540
>>2197503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDnnnP6XgGY
>>
>>2197503
delet this
>>
>>2197540
No, to all of those questions. I know crap happens, and I know it's real, but killing otters for fur is idiotic. I mean sure maybe it was useful back then, but now it's not necessary. People are just morons who like to shoot things, and I hate those kind of people. Otters are my life, they're my everything, and it pisses me off thinking that once their numbers recover, IF they recover, they're going to be killed once again just for fashion.

I love otters, more than I could love anything or anyone! I fell in love with them and it's my goal to help save them. I've done a lot for them, or whatever I can as of now... and it just sucks thinking one day it might just be for nothing.
>>
>>2197832
>"b-but anon, what about my shooty-gun-gun and purposeless bloodlust fetish?"
>>
>>2197834
I'll gladly shoot your leg off if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>2197838
I was joking in light of all the edgy sadists here m8 :(
>>
>>2198048
Oh... I knew that.
>>
>>
>tfw you will never fuck an otter
>>
>>2200115
Who said anyone wanted to do that?
>>
>>2200115
>>2200374
OP here. Gotta admit, that's something I think about once in a while. If (when?) I evet get an otter, I think I'd do more with it than just pet it ;)
>>
>>2200412

Yeah, the over-the-top somewhat incoherent zeal and clumsy use of emojis sort of exposed you as a weird troll a week ago. After I left, I noticed a lot of people were quietly ignoring it just to have an otter thread, but your lust for attention is getting hard to overlook and will ruin the otter thread completely if you dont soon stfu already.
>>
>>2200429
Yeah, that wasn't me. I am the OP, and I love otters way too much to even think that way. I wouldn't even get a pet otter, they're wild animals, and deserve respect.

I would love to help them though! Slowly but surely I am saving money to one day meet an otter!
>>
File: Otter1.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Otter1.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.