[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kill harmless or beneficial insect >feel bad all day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

File: 157501815.jpg (106KB, 338x507px) Image search: [Google]
157501815.jpg
106KB, 338x507px
>kill harmless or beneficial insect
>feel bad all day
>>
File: fH44K.png (447KB, 1502x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fH44K.png
447KB, 1502x1600px
>>2194098
>it's a "spider-bro" thread

I don't give a fuck how many flies or whatever you kill, if make yourself known to me you're getting crushed by my copy of ulillillia's The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters. You want to stay alive and do spider shit? Stay out of my sight. That's the deal.
>>
>>2194101
You forgot to add "as long as you're small and harmless enough for me to kill with no risk so I can feel like a big boy".
>>
>>2194118
Ahh so you'll let ear wigs crawl all over you at night and recluse bite you?
>>
have yet to see anything other than wolf spiders in my florida home. i only kill the ones that get scaringly large. a few babies here and there don't matter. just don't breed a ton. they kill off the roaches and ants that come from outside.
>>
>>2194120
>Ahh so you'll let ear wigs crawl all over you at night
They don't

>and recluse bite you
They don't as long as I leave them alone. By shaking my clothes and shoes before putting them on, I further minimise the risk.
>>
>>2194120
I'm not inbred so I don't live near recluses but even if I did they're called recluses for a fucking reason. You're literally doing the one thing that causes them to bite.
>>
I wish I knew how to deal with cockroaches without killing them in such a shit way.
I've tried living with them, but when people come to visit and my apartment makes me look like I'm a TMNT villain, they don't wanna come, and really I don't feel SO bad about it that I'll become a recluse over it.

>>2194120
>harmless or beneficial insect.
>>
>>2194179
>cockroaches
is this b8
>>
>>2194098
I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who feels this way
When I'm around other people they act like I'm crazy when I see an insect and either want to leave it alone or put it outside, especially spiders since I don't put them out. They aren't damaging or hurting anything, and are minding their own business, so I don't see why I should kill them
>>
>>2194456
Well I mean fuck. They smell when you squash them, I'll never really be rid of them and they don't bother me as much as the hassle of killing them bothers me.
A more accurate complaint is that I wish people weren't such babies and could accept bugs exist.
>>
>>2195010

Same here.

>>2194179

Im sorry. When you are dealing with something that can produce overwhelming numbers, especially in inaccessible places, there really is no alternative in the competition for healthy living space. You will need proper substances and some know how to expel them.

There is no shame if you are unable to secure your habitat any other way. Think of the young that would starve if their ability to breed were left unchecked. They dont know any better.

Take comfort in knowing that they do not experience death the way higher animals do. They have no concept of the future, so for them, it is simply a fast sleep. While they are able to choose what they like and dislike, there is no evidence that they sense pain. Any emotion they *could* feel is directly tied to the moment. Put another way, if they even could feel pain, they would have to constantly remind themselves that it exists, and they can't do that either. Its simply a moment when the rate of vital functions do not perform swiftly enough to sustain function. So it is likely that their ability to notice a problem comes to an end much sooner than their biological sustainability. Their 'nerve' system is not configured in a centralized, fully unified way. In a way, they undergo death without actually experiencing it, and yet parts of them 'live' long after the total system has failed.

In nature, there is a lot of needless and unfortunate pain and brutality. Insects are somewhat blessed in being biologically spared from pain or the concept of brutality. The world simply moves around them.

So even if they are being attacked, say, by a spider, there is no association of "I am going to die". Its just an inconvenience that they would like to escape.

Therefore the dull slowing of metabolism that would come from poison, for example, would never even occur to them that anything is wrong more than the torpor that would bring them to rest.
>>
File: 78c.jpg (81KB, 680x901px) Image search: [Google]
78c.jpg
81KB, 680x901px
I like spiders, I catch them and play with them before relocating them outside.

They're cute. Why kill a spider? She was just looking for a cozy corner to call home, and she got lost in YOUR home.
>>
>>2195567
James stop with the spider waifu
>>
File: BM1qjrV.png (1MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BM1qjrV.png
1MB, 1400x1000px
>>2195785
I am not James, and I will not stop

Spiders rawk >w<
>>
File: rachnera-is-worst-girl.jpg (224KB, 869x1273px) Image search: [Google]
rachnera-is-worst-girl.jpg
224KB, 869x1273px
>>2197039
>>
File: 1471814454664.jpg (207KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1471814454664.jpg
207KB, 1500x1500px
>>2194098
I'll post.

I'm a tree hugger.
But I'm a realist.
This board has serious issues.
I've payed my penance for all I've done.
I've spent an hour trying to get a mosquito hawk to fly out the front door.

But theres a line drawn between sanity and crazycatlady.

Which side are you on?
>>
>>2195044

tl:dr

>its OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.
>>
>>2195024
cockroaches themselves are only part of the issue, to have a population of them long term indicates you have some serious cleanliness issues. Take your trash out, pick up your food, vacuum for fucks sake.
>>
>>2197422
But its still something in the way.
>>
>>2194098
Do you also avoid walking in grass?
>>
>I used to exterminate wasp nests around the house, thinking they were highly hazardous and useless
>Boy was I dead wrong
>Never killing another wasp ever again, impossible to make up for my ignorance
>>
>Get bee out of my pitcher plant
>First thing she does is go straight for my face
>Swat it, hit my glasses which fall off, start running like a faggot
That was a shameful moment
>>
I feel bad killing any insect. They don't know what they're doing; they're just surviving.
>>
>>2197419
>But theres a line drawn between sanity and crazycatlady.
Fuck your arbitrary lines, anon. "If u do dis, u mus b CRAY" is not a real argument as to why one shouldn't care.

Also, literally the only thing wrong with crazy cat ladies is that they mistreat their pets. If they took proper care of the cats, there'd be nothing wrong at all with their behaviour.
>>
File: NiggaSoldMeCarInsurance.jpg (912KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
NiggaSoldMeCarInsurance.jpg
912KB, 1520x2688px
>tfw baby house geckos show up in my house every summer
>tfw i've never seen a bug or spider in my house
it's a good feel
>>
Anybody else take an aerosol can and spray it over a lighter so it becomes a blow torch and then blast the fuck out of ant hills?
>>
>>2199411
Not since I was a child in elementary school. Don't worry anon, you'll grow up eventually.
>>
>be workin
>see little beetle chillin on the floor next to me
>scoop him up, put him out of harm's way and give him some frosted animal cracker crumbs to snack on while i continue working
probably why normies avoid me huh
>>
>tiny fly lands on keyboard and starts walking around
>I'm smoking a cigarette
>want to get the little dude high so I exhale on him
>he starts slowing down
>fucking dies
I'm sorry little bro
>>
>>2199423
Bugguy is that you?
>>
>>2199425
nah just a guy helping out a bugfriend
>>
>>2199425
>bugguy
>helping animals
Dude, bugguy think it's okay to torture any animal that doesn't pass the mirror test.
>>
>>2199425
>Implying bugguy wouldn't have ripped off its legs one by one then gone on a tirade about pain receptors while posting pictures of his centipedes
>>
>>2199438
Is bugguy ded now? Havent seen him in a month almost it feels like. Maybe they finally put him into a mental Institution.
>>
>>2199441
He switched his name to Plont and was posting on homegrowmen general on /out/ until we bullied him off
He became a janitor on /out/ but i think he lost janitorial status by exposing himself
>>
>>2194118
Obama swatting that fly must have triggered you real hard huh
>>
>>2194179
Clean your fucking house dipshit
>>
>>2199408
>being this delusional and lonely

Go make friends
>>
Fuck house centipedes.
I don't give a flying fuck they're beneficial, harmless, and shit. I'm afraid of spiders but I don't give a fuck about them since they just chill in their webs in a corner. Centipedes however can fuck right off with wandering wherever the hell they feel like it with impunity at night. Something as long as a finger covered in more fingers shouldn't run that fast. Even regular looking centipedes in a garden are significantly less horrifying then these shits
>>
>>2199610
We call them ghetto bugs
>>
>see terraformars
>kill and hunt every cockroach
>>
>>2194098
>Kill fucking annoying field crickets that keep getting in my garage and chirping like loud bastards
>Feel fucking orgasmic for 10 minutes
God damn it I fucking hate field crickets.
>>
>be real estate agent
>be preparing a property for a showing
>shed in the back yard
>it's never been opened in the entire time the current owners have lived there apparently
>crack the door with my keys
>spiders run out
>what
>the
>fuck
>jam handle open and step back and prod door open with broom, then shine my maglite inside
>spiders
>spiders fucking everywhere
>look at wall
>spiders
>floor
>spiders
>roof
>spiders
>there's an entire fucking bird rotting in the eaves caught in a blanket of web
>must have been literally tens of thousands of spiders
>decide that this shit is too fucking much
>find a garden sprayer and load it up with the industrial grade insecticide i keep in my car for days like this
>close the shed again using broom
>spiders run down broom
>fuck it, abandon broom and slam door shut
>poke nozzle of insecticide inside and just spray
>a million souls cry out in pain and are suddenly silenced
>seriously it's like the fucking spider holocaust
>once the door area is thoroughly saturated I open it up again and there is a fucking carpet of spider corpses in an arc around the door frame
>spray from the doorway, spiders are skittering around fucking EVERYWHERE, i'm like a firebat from starcraft trying to hose them down before they get on me
>slowly continue to spray in wide arcs, progressing into the room
>what i didn't realise was that i was compressing the living spiders into a smaller and smaller area
>a writhing boil of spiders seething as the individual spiders try to flee my doom sprayer
>it's literally like 6 inches thick, just this fucking pile of spiders in the corner
>spray it right in the fucking middle
>can literally here spiders squealing, such is the volume of dying spiders that their typically inaudible noises are turned into a chorus of wailing agony
>empty the entire fucking bottle
>this spider boil is still alive, and it's angry
I bailed and came back an hour later and they were all dead. Had to use a leaf blower to clear the bodies out.
>>
>>2199610
They can get pretty big anon. One time when my family moved into a new house we had a bunch crawl up the sump pump during a huge storm.

I was sitting there in the basement minding my own business when like 5 of those fuckers wandered right next to me. They were at least as long as a pencil or something.

Granted this was almost 10 years ago and I was smoking a lot of weed at the time, shit was still wild
>>
>>2200979
Should have just sprayed them with the hose tbqh. Assuming this post isn't fiction
>>
>>2200985
Does that work?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 167x227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 167x227px
>>2200979
>removing the unholy beasts in a stand-alone act of holy purification
You're doing gods work, anon.
Gods work.
https://youtu.be/isxvXITTLLY
>>
>>2200986
It scares the shit out of them, moves them from where they are, but it doesn't kill them. Only if there's a puddle they can't crawl out of.
>>
File: kek3.jpg (448KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
kek3.jpg
448KB, 3840x2160px
>>2200979
>>seriously it's like the fucking spider holocaust
lost it
>>
File: image.png (144KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
144KB, 720x406px
GOOD
>>
>>2194098
I regret killing every house centipede I met when I was younger. Now I see them and wish them good hunting.
>>
>>2194164
Recluse don't only live where inbreds. Are you retarded?
>>
I have a hard time killing most insects except mosquitos. Everything else i let go
>>
>>2199333
Wasps don't do shit
>>
>>2199333

Can you elaborate? I've done this, too
>>
>>2203021
Whatever you say, Cletus.
>>
>>2203048
>he disagrees with me so he must be a redneck
>the only alternative is that I'm wrong, and that just can't possibly be!
That anon is right you fucking dumbass. Recluse can be found practically everywhere. But go ahead and call people inbred, maybe that will make you feel better.
>>
>>2203048
Your British genes shine bright
>>
>>2194098
Rule34 said insect and furiously masturbate to it.
You will no long feel sad about killing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (310KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310KB, 750x1334px
>>2200979
To commemorate this impressive feat of holy cleansing and crusader spirit, behold, after 50,000 years of editing!
Had to throw a little something together for this, too crazy.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 2959x3030px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2959x3030px
>>2195010
If I see a small spider in an area where I can ignore it I will do so. Big spiders get relocated onto the porch. If I see a beetle/weevil/stinkbug I give them a lift to the backyard. If I see a cockroach/mouse I'll put them in a Tupperware holding cell until I can personally deport them to the trailhead down the street. If I see a housecentipede I'll extradite it to hell.
>>
Good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. I have no intention to directly make natural things suffer just because I desire to not be around them. They are just trying to live, just like us. It must be hard to be such a tiny living thing in a giant's world.
>>
Is it true that mosquitoes are worthless to the environment? I think I heard something like that before
>>
>>2204531
well memed my friend :^)
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.