[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elderly cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: old.jpg (88KB, 600x807px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
88KB, 600x807px
My elderly cat has gotten a bit runned down lately, her fur is in bad condition and her has some sores and yellow looking splotches on her skin.
I bought her to the vet and he told me she was just too old.

Shes seventeen so I won't expect much but she seems fine, eats her food and spends most of the day snoozing in her favourite spot.

I am wondering if there is anything I can give her to improve her health, something to boost her energy level,improve her fur and skin.

Any ideas? Considering giving her a boiled egg now and then.
>>
How about a fancy pet heater?
>>
>>2194048
Do you use senior cat formula food?
Giving her egg might be a good idea. Getting her more exercise should also be good for her.
>>
>>2194048

Im sorry that I dont have an answer; I know little about cats.

Im just posting to say how cool it is that your kitty has had such a long life and that you are still taking such good care of her.

Thank you and be blessed.

<3
>>
I have a theory about the sores though, she was is an amputee, she got one of her back legs off last year and cant really scratch behind one of her ears where the sores are.
I think she is rubbing agaisnt sharp objects.

>>2194212
She has my couch or my lap with a nice fire to keep her warm

>>2194216
No regular formula, does it make a difference? Shes been eating the same food for years.
She still enjoys the fishing line for play time

>>2194443
Thanks mate, I have had since I was five years old.
>>
You could try gently grooming her with a very soft brush. Cats don't like being dirty or having matted fur, but sometimes struggle to keep themselves well-groomed because they're getting stiff and sore in their old age. My last cat got a little scabby in her old age, and I used to use a slightly damp cloth (wrung out well so it's not dripping wet, I was trying to replicate how cats normally lick their fur) to wipe down her fur and then brush it out. It kept her looking and smelling cleaner and she seemed to enjoy the attention.
>>
>>2194048
That's a shame OP. I lost my cat at 19 years. I don't know what kill him because my vet refused to do blood work on him.
>>
>>2194048
i would worry about those sores and splotches. might be skin cancer or something worse. Cats are survivors and won't show weakness till the bitter end. I notice that vets get more lazy if your pet is old or young(6 months or so). i would consult atleast 3 visits to make sure
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.