[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: most dangerous animals found where you live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 17

File: Hadronyche_infensa.jpg (51KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Hadronyche_infensa.jpg
51KB, 500x333px
>taipan
>eastern brown snake
>Hadronyche infensa (pic)
>mulga snake
>>
File: Dermatophagoides.jpg (33KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
Dermatophagoides.jpg
33KB, 500x384px
>>2193279
>Austria
>pit bulls
>Dermatophagoides (pic)
>Culicidae

But seriously predatory wildlife is pretty boring in central europe. We apparently have a few poisonous animals like the false black widdow (apparently discovered 20 years ago) or the horned viper. But these are either increadibly uncommon or even, like in the case of the viper, in danger of extinction.
Sometimes we get the occasional brown bear visit from neighboring countrys, or some lynx that wander through, but most of the dangerous creatures like bears and wolves we have eradicated centuries ago.

Would like to know how fins think about their wildlife policies, I heard they are pretty protective about their brown bears (to the discourage of the farmers apparently) and even discussing the possibilty of establishing a healthy wolf population.
>>
>>2193279
Central USA
Agkistrodon piscivorus "Water Moccasin"
Always near water or moist places
Regular encounters when fishing
>>
>>2193279
America. I encounter the worlds most dangerous species on a almost daily basis. The nigger.
>>
>>2193279
Canada, southwest. I'm not including polar bears as they habitat is thousands of miles north.

>grizzly bear
>moose
>bison
>porcupine
>pickup truck drivers with Browning buck logo bumper sticker, speeding, tailgating, no signal lane change, flipping cigarette butts out the window, blasting shit modern country music

There are also cougars in the mountains but those are so shy with people it's very rare to see them let alone catch one trying to raid your camp food supply.
>>
>>2193279
>Sweden
>common gulls
>>
>>2193296
>and even discussing the possibilty of establishing a healthy wolf population.
Good luck to them because they will need it, farmers will not give a shit if they see a wolf they will shoot it.
Humanity hates wolves.
>>
>>2193308
lamo xDD

like this comment if u got teh joke
>>
>>2193296
Austria here to

>horned viper
Yes, this species is more venomous than V. berus, but it's nowhere near deadly for a healthy, adult human
As you said, the horned viper is nearly extinct here, sadly
We also HAD the meadow viper, as our third vinomous snake species, but it is apparently extinct now.

>some lynx that wander through
don't forget that we had a few lynx a few years ago in the Kalkalpen Nationalpark, they are trying to reintroduce them.
but some stupid idiot shot a female and it's two cubs..
And the cat flu (transmitted by outdoor cats) is killing the last few ones
I don't know if there are any left right now
>>
>>2193324
>joke
that is no joke

only sandniggers are more dangerous
>>
>>2193315
Modern country music really is shit. Just pop music with a slide guitar
>>
File: 2016-07-25 13.28.59.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25 13.28.59.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
In Chile we have a lot of brown recluses, they are common on every house, and the Chilean variety it's bigger and more aggresive than the north american variety.

Also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjobFAMKn5c
>>
>>2193324
>implying joke
>>
File: zikario.jpg (7KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
zikario.jpg
7KB, 305x165px
>South Mexico
>This ugly son of a bitch is infecting millions of people with a deadly virus and basically you are fucking stupid
>>
>>
Wolves? Maybe infected ticks?

t. Lithuanian
>>
>>2193279
>France
>idk, dogs, probably
There are supposed to be wild boars in my immediate area, but I never saw one or heard someone had seen one. There are wolves and bears way far in the south, I'm like half sure we have a couple venomous snakes, and there's a fish that has a nasty as fuck bite that's also slightly poisonous, but it's rather rare and usually not deadly.
>>
>>2193279

texas (dallas)

brown recluse and black widows are rare.

water moccasins in our rivers/lakes too.

and i guess a couple bigger cats
>>
New zealand, we have to fear nothing here except mean doggos and white tails(could be a meme), maybe boars if your hunting; the odd bee. Anyone could kill most things here except large game in one on one unarmed combat. We have grown arrogant
>>
>>2193759

and all the shitty movies that come out of your country

>babadook
>dead alive
>housebound

pls just stop
>>
You're mostly wrong, the answer is dogs for biting and deer for wrecking your car.
>>
Probably this in Arizona.

Black bears and Pumas too, but i dont think Ive ever heard of a Puma killing somebody. I know bears have

I also have bark Scorpions in my house, they hurt like hell but not deadly
>>
>>2193279
>near Washington DC
>bull sharks in the bay
>some dangerous spiders
>deer (no joke, they cause car crashes)
>copperhead snakes
>politicians
>>
File: rattler_mojavegreen_blmca_bifo.jpg (21KB, 272x250px) Image search: [Google]
rattler_mojavegreen_blmca_bifo.jpg
21KB, 272x250px
>>2193802
It's not that faggot. This is the most venomous animal in the US.
>>
As far as "most dangerous if they happen to attack you" rattlers and cougars.

The most likely to be dangerous award goes to stray dogs though.
>>
Emu
>>
>>2193768
>dead alive
>bad
0/10
>>
In Australia
>Fucking everything
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 251x201px
>>
>>2193279
Southeastern va here
- pitbulls
- a few snakes and spiders that can give you a bad day
- nothing that can really kill you
>>
File: Adder_Defence[1].jpg (191KB, 700x444px) Image search: [Google]
Adder_Defence[1].jpg
191KB, 700x444px
UK.

All of our stuff is pretty tame, but we have sneks.
>>
>>2193296
a boar is pretty dangerous. don't you have them?
>>
>>2193768
>he thinks dead alive is bad
Fucking just end it m8, you'll never find joy in this life
>>
>>2193985
>>2194107

it's novel, slightly entertaining, and great to poke fun at sure but that doesn't change the fact that it's a bad movie.

troma movies are the exact same but you niggers wont defend poultrygeist to this extent.
>>
File: nothing dangerous here .gif (3KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nothing dangerous here .gif
3KB, 300x300px
>>
>>2194081
not that anon, but yes, we have boar in Austria
But we rarely encounter them, at least I have never seen one in the wild

my uncle got one of his calves sliced open by one
He didn't even piss it off
>>
Polar bears and grizzlies.
>>
I live in midnorth UT
>>
>>2194157
Other than the fucking inhabitants.
>>
>louisiana
>gators, several venomous snakes, bears, wasps, hornets, mosquitos, north american concrete apes,h20
>>
>>2194263
And the Voodoo priests.
>>
File: cicadakillersthumb.jpg (128KB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
cicadakillersthumb.jpg
128KB, 330x270px
illinois

we get these guys, but they are bro-tier, because they eat the cicadas

our yellow jackets are annoying as hell in the fall.

everything else is chill
>>
Dengue mosquitoes, apparently. 25 years living here and no one I've ever known has ever been fucked over with that shit.
Other than that, it'd have to be humans.
>>
Finland, coastal (Gulf of Finland)

Cyanobacteria for those brave enough to sludgewaters of the Baltic Sea.

Tickborne pathogens make headlines a few times a year.
>>
>>2193308
came here to say this desu
>>
>>2193279
Hadronyche infensa aren't even dangerous.

Hadronyche formidablis is where it's at
>>
>>2193768
Babadook is oz u cunt
>>
Moose, Black Bear, Coyote, various sharks. Maine is a nice place to live.
>>
>brazil

>aedes aegypti
>panthera onca (a guy was killed by one in my city not long ago)
>humans
>>
>>2194608
the mosquito itself literally dindu nuffin

It's all the viruses fault, but Viruses aren't considered living even though they evolve and duplicate.
>>
>>2194608
>tfw Jaguar extinct in North America

But they spotted a real wild Jag in Arizona a little while ago

Too bad red neck cuckservatives had it put down because they though it was some demon spawn from hell or some shit.
>>
>>2193523
Mah man Aedes
>>
Boston metro area.

Found a black widow in my coffee mug one morning.
>>
California

Black widows are common basically everywhere people live, rattlesnakes, cougars, and bears are common in the hills and mountains, and there are a lot of great whites in our coastal waters these days. You can also find scorpions in the southern deserts but nobody really lives there.

The most dangerous animal in my experience though is dogs that have either been trained to be aggressive or that have been neglected. I'd rather encounter a cougar in the woods than a stray pit bull on my own street.
>>
>>2194608
what about Phoneutria species?
>>
>Colorado

>Black widows and the occasional recluse
>Various types of rattlesnakes
>Elk, moose, and bison
>Mountain lions
>Packs of coydogs and the occasional rabid coyote
>Bears
>Moutain lion
>Various types of scorpions, not really dangerous but all suck to be stung by
>Ticks and mosquitoes, though ticks are not that common. Also watch out for fleas, they'll give you the plague!

I feel like I'm missing some.
>>
>>2193315

There's been several instances of cougars killing people over the past few years. They are as dangerous as grizzlies.
>>
>The Netherlands
>Angered geese
>>
File: image.gif (270KB, 1412x1063px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
270KB, 1412x1063px
>>2193279
>rattlesnakes
>mountain lions
>black widows
And surprisingly, Tarantula Hawks, found a couple miles from where I live. I guess they like the mountain I live in the shadow of, go figure.
>>
>>2193279
>colorado
>Mountain lions
>Griddly bars
>Brown Recluse spiders
>People from California (none of them can drive for shit, why these idiots haven't been declared a public safety hazard is beyond me
>>
File: image.jpg (989KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
989KB, 3264x2448px
>>2193523
>>2193308
>>2193300
>>2193663
>>2193818
>>2194157
>>2194263
>tfw South Florida
Pic related was on my hand truck at work but she was my bae. I just let her chill on there for maybe 2 months before she disappeared. The thing was inches away from my leg all throughout the day.
>>
>northern Michigan
>deer

Seriously though, they fuck up and kill more people than anything else besides niggers.
>>
Pennsylvania

Black Widows and their relatives
Deer
Boar
Coyotes
Cottonmouths
Pike/Muskies
Women
>>
>>2195171
Cool! They aren't really aggressive right?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.