[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lizard egg help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon irl.jpg (501KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon irl.jpg
501KB, 1600x1200px
hello /an/, i found these lizard eggs in my garden, what enviroment should i prepare for them to successfully hatch? what do they eat?
>>
If your house is in the 70s, those eggs are d-e-d dead.
>>
>>2191612
i am not sure i follow
>>
>>2191614

Temperature.
>>
>>2191615
oh damn, what temperature would be the minimum required? i have no lizard-keeping equipment
>>
>>2191617

You're better off just putting them outside.
You're looking at a decent investment (roundabout 100 bucks) if you actually want to hatch them, with much more in the way of actually housing them after the fact.

Not to mention you probably rolled them over while transferring them which is fatal to the embryos.
>>
File: rozpusteny wojack.jpg (17KB, 397x262px) Image search: [Google]
rozpusteny wojack.jpg
17KB, 397x262px
>>2191620
>You're better off just putting them outside.
o-okay i will put them where i got them from, in these parts it gets sub 70 in the night but there was one tiny hatched dead lizard next to these eggs, hopefully they will make it
>Not to mention you probably rolled them over while transferring them which is fatal to the embryos.
>>
>>2191627

If you found eggs, that means there's hundreds of them in the area, and plenty of them will hatch during ideal conditions for the babies to survive.
It's alright, anon.
>>
>>2191633
oh that's good, thanks for sparing some of your time
>>
>>2191607
You're the kind of faggot who puts a baby bison in the back of a car thinking he helping
>>
Don't fucking touch wildlife, retard, they know more about how to raise their kids than you do. Those babies are probably dead now thanks to your stupidity.
>>
>>2191645
>>2191711
to be entirely honest the eggs were in such a spot where they would have to be moved in the next week
>>
>>2191711
>>2191645
Kill yourselves you fucking autists. Go and sperg about outdoor cats or whatever else you do. Its just fucking virtue signalling at this point.

Animals are fucking retarded, instinctual beings that don't understand that where they set up base is about to be heavily used.
>>
>>2191908
Plenty of animals place their young somewhere they think is secure/quiet, nor can they foresee precisely where people will decide to change their surroundings, there's no need to be so aggressively wrong.

And you yourself are virtue signalling the whole boring "fuck le dumb animals, we wuz humanz" position, to try and appear morally superior to people who care about animals on an ANIMAL board. You've brought schoolboy nihilism and reddit-tier clichés and to a knife fight.
>>
>>2191607
Reptile breeder here.
Do not rotate eggs. Keep whatever side that's currently pointing up staying pointing up.
Chicken eggs need to be rotated, reptile eggs are the opposite.
They need to stay moist.
Get vermiculite.
Get some type of plastic dish- butter container, tulerware, whatever.
Put down layer of vermiculite. Put in eggs, cover about 2/3 of the eggs with vermiculite.
Add water, just enough so its damn,not a pond.
You can make an incubator out of a fish tank.
Fill fish tank or anything large enough to submerge fish tank heater with water, use fish heater set at 82°f.
Dish should float in water. Make sure its stable and doesn't tip over. You can put small butter dish inside larger container to make it stable. Dont forget airholes if you put lid on it. Don't agitate it,just let it sit there.
Keep water level in dish from drying out.

Eggs are probably still good. They're very resilient in the wild and have to deal with temperature fluctuations since their not in a nest.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.