[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Farm Animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 15

How about a farm animal appreciation thread? Chickens, goats, llamas, pigs, cattle, etc. Most people don't see the animals beyond the food. They're very fascinating species though.
>>
>>
>>2190363

Currently working with a dairy herd in the middle of block calving- which has been busy but brill! Pick related, two heifer calves from last week.

Even better when they had a clear TB test last week.
>>
>>2190369
Post more snouts.
>>
We're getting two female chicks next week
>gonna hand raise and love them
>gonna have chickens i can hug and kiss
Dreams will be made.
>>
>>2190363
>try to reverse image
>google links me to clickbait and pictures of lions
What's that type of cow called, besides cute and fluffy?
>>
>>2190687

It's a highland calf.

>>2190680

More snouts coming up! Fleckvieh cross bull calf that's leaving tomorrow to go to a rearing farm. Going to miss the little chap.
>>
>>2191077

I'm a vet student, so do plenty of placements at various types of farms. Went to an alpaca farm earlier this summer.
>>
File: thesebuggerskeepmeupallnight.jpg (90KB, 444x333px) Image search: [Google]
thesebuggerskeepmeupallnight.jpg
90KB, 444x333px
>>2191079

Sheep were cool too- but I think the calves trump the lambs. Off to market tomorrow, so I'll see if I can get any picks of some nice beef cattle.
>>
File: MrsBroody.jpg (51KB, 266x482px) Image search: [Google]
MrsBroody.jpg
51KB, 266x482px
>>2191080

One of my favourite placements was with free range layers- this is Mrs Broody, she was a grade A egg stealer. She'd perch in the corner of the shed and if any bird laid near her she'd shuffle them underneath her- you'd often find her with 30/40 eggs. Then she'd fluff her feathers up and squark at you when you were collecting floor eggs.

Needless to say she's coming home with me when they come to their end of their time at the farm! Can't wait to get her home.
>>
Playing Harvest Moon games as a kid gave me this really happy-go-lucky view on farming. It turned to mush when I learned about factory farms and that pigs were only kept for their meat.

I want some pet farm animals someday though. Maybe a few horses, cows, a pet pig, a goat...
>>
I'll hijack this thread for my own stupid questions.

I have some little sheep now and they're fucking terrified of everything that's a human. They get along well with all my other animals like my goats, dog, turkeys, chicken, etc. but they're just really scared of people. Do they ever open up to humans at some point? What would I have to do to not get them to run away from me?
>>
>>2191077
>highland calf
you mean a highlan coo
>>
File: 1467767251817.webm (3MB, 638x476px) Image search: [Google]
1467767251817.webm
3MB, 638x476px
All I want are Alpacas. I love them. So cute.

Once I get some land, after college etc, I'm getting Alpacas.

Also honeybees.
>>
>>2191239
Alpacas are kind of dicks. Be prepared to have your heart broken.
>>
>>2191246
Really? The alpacas at the alpaca farm I went to were all very chill.
>>
>>2191163

Rear them as kade lambs or befriend a tupp. Outside of that- what you're describing is perfectly normal sheep behaviour. Tupps are known for being pretty chill though.
>>
>>2191248

Having worked with them for a month, they can be chill- but at the end of the day they're not pets. They're not going to want cuddles or anything like that, coming up to you for food yes- acting like a pet dog no. They're more an animal you keep in the field to look pretty really from my experience. They can be really flighty- your best bet is neutered boys.
>>
>>2191077
MORE
>>
>>2191609

From the market today. Really happy, the calf we took made a decent amount despite being put after two monster Belgium blue calves.
>>
>>2191893

And some of the older chaps- cooped up whilst we were scraping! Some of them have ringworm, so ignore the scabby ones, they're just coming around the other side.
>>
File: 1437682995814.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1437682995814.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>2191893
>>2191896
yisss

Tell me more about your work.
>>
I live in the a small city right now but in two years we're moving to a small town and I'll have room for some livestock.

We're definitely gonna have chickens. I'm thinking about raising meat rabbits and dairy goats. I adore sheep and I'd love to have some but I'm probably not gonna have enough land.
>>
Anyone here raise dairy sheep?
>>
I saw a program where a woman had two pet goats. That seems nice.
>>
File: pet chicken.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pet chicken.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
>>2194148

That does seem nice.

>>2191082

I am jelly I am partial to chickens for some reason. How I would love to have chickens.

Here is a nice documentary about modern ranches that I am very fond of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRqi8-Y8ak
>>
>>2190682

Do you already have chickens? You sound pretty excited. I hand raised 12 in the past 6 months or so.
>>
File: XLq7dVE.jpg (889KB, 3226x2419px) Image search: [Google]
XLq7dVE.jpg
889KB, 3226x2419px
>getting paid to do this
couldn't be happier
>>
>>2190369
>>2191077
>>2191893
>>2191896
holy shit post more calves and tell us all about them
>>
File: badmeme.jpg (56KB, 715x337px) Image search: [Google]
badmeme.jpg
56KB, 715x337px
>>2190363
>Chickens
>Goats
>Llamas
>Pigs
>Cattle

>Species
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The fucking chickens got out again
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.