[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: silverback vs Grizzly.jpg (261KB, 1314x525px) Image search: [Google]
silverback vs Grizzly.jpg
261KB, 1314x525px
>Who would win in a fight?
Silverback Gorilla Vs. Grizzly Bear...

Description: They are in a field and are fighting to the death (no external weapons)

>Stats

I.Q. - "modern bear biologists accredit them with the equivalent IQ of the great apes"

>Silverback Gorilla
Height - 6' (standing)
Weight - 350 lbs (in captivity) "occasionally a silverback of over 1.8 m (5 ft 11 in) and 230 kg (510 lb) has been recorded in the wild"
Bite force: 1300 PSI
Top speed: 25 Mp/h
Weapons: Hands, teeth
Things to consider: Lighter = more maneuverability and their reach to make contact is extremely far as apposed to the bear.

>Grizzly
Height: 3'3" (at shoulder), 9'8" (standing)
Weight: 600 lbs (Inland area population)
Bite force: 1250 PSI
Top Speed: 25 Mp/h
Weapons: Claws, teeth
Things to consider: Heavier = harder for a lighter opponent to take out and their powerful blows will be accompanied by claws

Sources:
I.Q. - www.all-creatures.org/bear/b-bearintel.html
Gorilla height - www.worldanimalfoundation.net/f/gorilla.pdf
Bite forces - http://imgur.com/gallery/WB4VP
Gorilla top speed - http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2013/03/21/professional_fighter_vs_gorilla_who_would_win.html
All other info was taken from wikipedia
>>
>>2189899
Harambe has memes behind him.
>>
Please stop making these threads. The bear absolutely wins, 100% of the time.

This is a completely uneven match, it's like asking "hey guys what wins in a fight, a pitbull or a hippopotamus"
>>
Even though I like bears more, I think the gorilla would win in a fight.
>>
>>2189917
This
>>
Gorilla wins since it's a well known FACT that it can beat 100 Brock Lesnar's.
>>
>>2189899
Boar would win, both are incredibly strong killing machines but the gorillas body is built for a little more than just fighting and the bear stands in 4 legs in a way that facilitates charging
>>
>>2189917
This

Creatures only beat larger foes if they're designed to do so

Humans are practically the only things that can beat larger foes in droves through sheer intelligence
>>
>>2189899
Bear wins by default when the gorilla gets shot
>>
>>2190005
>through sheer intelligence
I don't know about that. You don't have to be smart to shoot a gun. Take a walk through the American South and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>2190689
Well, you can still do some crazy shit with practically nothing.
>Sharpen stick, kill pig
>Make fire with friction, cook pig
>Collect grease from cooked pig
>Cut a branch
>Whittle branch, make a bow with some sort of braided strand as a string
>Make lots of smaller sharp sticks, dunk tips in grease
>Light grease on fire, then fire the stick from the bow
>Enjoy your flaming arrows.
>>
>>2190689

Hello Shillary nigger lover voter.
>>
>>2189917
Okay then, how about Grizzly vs. Gorilla, but the Gorilla is allowed to used a baseball bat.
>>
>>2189899
I have no idea why everyone is discounting the Gorilla so much, they are incredibly strong and ferocious animals that would be more than a match for a bear. Bears rely on their weight to subdue prey, they basically stand on it with their front paws and kill with their jaws. Against a gorilla this would be pointless, seeing as how the gorilla could just lift the bear off of it. Being on four legs also puts the bear at a disadvantage against the gorilla, who has the ability to grab and control the bear by the head. The gorilla also outreaches the bear. If it were to successfully halt the bears initial charge, the gorilla would have a great chance of winning. The match would be much closer than everyone else claims.
>>
A silverback wouldn't stand a chance.

A boar grizzly is just too big and too strong to contend with, before you even factor in the claws...
>>
>>2189973
That's bullshit but I believe it.
>>
Grizzlies are larger, better built for killing, and just overall meaner. Gorillas are strong, and have a very strong bite, but Grizzlies have mastered the art of slapping the shit out of things to kill them. They are very thickly built, a Gorilla would need to land the perfect strike to take out a Grizzly, whereas a Grizzly will break whatever it hits with it's paws.

There's nothing the Gorilla can really do, it can't even wear the grizzly out, Grizzlies can run long distances at 40 mph. I'm guessing you just don't quite understand the sheer lethality difference in the two. The grizzly can take out a gorilla with one swipe, I think you're overestimating a gorillas fighting ability. They are herbivores, and already have a tough time against leopards in the wild. Bears are carnivores, and are much stronger than you seemingly think.
>>
Why not gorilla vs sun bear? Why do you have to go for the grizzly? Gorilla vs sun bear would be a lot more interesring.
>>
my uneducated guess, I'd say the grizzly.

grizzlies have the predator instinct, they know instinctively how to go for the kill because that's mostly how they survive. not only that but like others mentioned, they are huge and have claws.

gorillas are herbivores and considered to be social animals...well far more socials than grizzlies.

I'd like to go back to that killer instinct thing, I think that it's as important as the size thing.

Take wolverines for example.
"rmed with powerful jaws, sharp claws, and a thick hide,[15] wolverines, like most mustelids, are remarkably strong for their size. They may defend kills against larger or more numerous predators such as wolves or bears.[16] At least one account reported a wolverine's apparent attempt to steal a kill from a black bear, although the bear won what was ultimately a fatal contest.[17] In another account, a wolverine killed a polar bear." according to wikipedia.

they also weight about 20-55lbs.

I think the grizzly killer instinct would be a clear, underestimated advantage.
>>
>>2190689
You do have to be smart to use a gun. human preteens are streets ahead of adult apes in most ways. Our standard for ourselves is just really high
>>
>>2192043
What kind of baseball bat?
>>
>>2193156
That one is actually debateable.
I'd still bet on the bear though because gorillas and apes in general are absolutely terrible at killing things.

I'm not really sure why people here think gorillas are crazy MMA trained fighters.
>>
>>2190689
You have to be smart to create a gun and you have to be smart to aim a gun and hit a target.
>>
Leonardo DiCaprio is 6' and in the revenant he got wrecked by a grizzly. A gorilla is like a black guy, right? That wouldn't work out too well
>>
>>2193843
>A gorilla is like a black guy, right?
Actually Koko had a higher IQ than many African nations.
>>
>>2189899
Bear every time

The weight advantage alone determined it
>>
>>2194065
Animal IQ is different from human IQ
>>
>>2190689
>You don't have to be smart to shoot a gun.
Are you literally retarded. Hear, think of it this way, even a retarded human such as yourself is still light years smarter than the next smartest animal. Kill yourself.
>>
>>2195806
>implying human
>>
Is this a meme or is an anon on here just obsessed with this? I have seen several threads about this within the past 12 months.
>>
>>2195971
OP here. I am obsessed.
>>
Harambe lives on
>>
>>2195971
Both.
>>
>>2192495
>I have no idea why everyone is discounting the Gorilla so much
Because we're not fucking retarded
>>
File: 1458201880357.jpg (52KB, 560x575px) Image search: [Google]
1458201880357.jpg
52KB, 560x575px
>>2192495
>seeing as how the gorilla could just lift the bear off of it
What world do you live in where gorillas are professional weight lifters?! How is any even above average silverback gorilla just gonna lift TWICE ITS FUCKING BODY WEIGHT off of it?!

7/10 bait for making me respond to your dumbass
>>
>>2192043
Would that make a difference tho? Bears have hard skin and bones
>>
File: image.gif (26KB, 376x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
26KB, 376x474px
>>2192043
>>
>>2191600
careful anon, if you stay too long on 4chan your cousins will get lonely.
>>
>>2197322
nice CGI
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.