[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenofiction Works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2828822.png (404KB, 1200x830px) Image search: [Google]
2828822.png
404KB, 1200x830px
It's okay to talk about fictional stuff on /an/, right? What xenofiction material do you like? Dislike?

I've recently gotten into Seekers (which is about bears) and Warriors (which is about cats). I always thought Warriors was embarrassing but it's not so bad as the fandom makes it seem. I picked up Bambi but I haven't gotten the chance to read it.

I don't really like how xenofiction books have something against neutering. The writers likely don't but the animals do. Animals irl don't care, and I doubt they should in xenofiction either.
>>
I love Warriors so much holy shit. I stopped reading after power of three, though. Just became disinterested. The OG 1st series is beyond dope, though. I haven't actually read any of the books in years, afraid that they dont hold up. Which book are you on?
>>
yiff in hell
>>
A few of Jack London's stories about the Klondike gold rush are told from the pov of a dog. I haven't read them since I was in school, but I really enjoyed To Build a Fire.

Raptor Red is also a good read if you're into dinosaurs.
>>
Clement Davies has a few really good one.
The Sight and Fell about wolves and Firebringer about deer. The Sight and Firebringer are great Fell is ok.

Wolf's of Time by William Horwood is a two books series again about wolves.
>>
I've read the first book in the Les Fourmis trilogy by Bernard Weber. I found the descriptions of plant and arthropod life more interesting than the actual plot, which got pretty silly and uninteresting to me. Not to mention that the human portions were very boring to me. I've since lost interest in reading the rest of the trilogy, not that I've seen it anywhere -- I only read the first one because I happened to find a copy of it at a flea market.

I've also read The Plague Dogs and Watership Down by Richard Adams and their plots and characters held my interest longer.
>>
>>2187637

Fire & Ice, though I know some minor spoilers for future books (like what happens to Bluestar and who Firestar ends up with).
>>
>>2187104
Maybe animals do care. But they hide wounds and discomfort very well.
>>
>>2187816

No, they don't.
>>
Tailchaser's Song is getting an animated movie... Eventually. It's been stuck in development hell. It was supposed to come out this year but has been pushed back to 2018. Hopefully it doesn't fall into the same trap the Warrior Cats film did. If they can make Watership Down, they can make Tailchaser's Song.

Hopefully this means the book gets reprinted. I want to read it.
>>
I heard Ratha's Creature is getting a graphic novel. That's so good. That animated version has such a horrid art style for the book
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.