[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Behavior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Rusty.jpg (21KB, 447x795px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty.jpg
21KB, 447x795px
So my dog has been picking up his bowl(stainless steel) and running around and chewing on it. Is this normal? He is a Wheaten Terrier, 8 Yrs old. He does this with both his water bowl and sometimes food bowl, anyone else see this happen? Pic related, my dog
>>
>>2186487
>is this normal?
Yes. Dogs eat and drink from these bowls, so they consider them "thiers" to do with as they please. If my dog wants to get my attention that her water bowl is empty she throws her stainless bowl around my tile kitchen. Literally picks it up with her mouth, throws her head back and let's go. Then she stands in the kitchen and looks at me. Bossy little bitch.
>>
>>2186494
Is there anything I can do about this? I have to keep him in the backyard rn and the bowl repeatedly falls into the pool, and I'm worried for his teeth.
>>
>>2186495
>I have to keep him in the backyard
Assuming the dog is just not crying out for attention, it could just be playful. Put some better chew toys out for it, and regular exercises and socialization to correct bad behavior.
>>
>>2186500
He doesn't seem to like chew toys, and I walk him regularly. He doesn't really like to play all that much, socialization has ended badly with other dogs and people.
>>
>>2186504
Ok, when left alone they will resort to destructive behavior, such as chewing on stainless water and food bowls. If you honestly don't think the dog is being neglected, then again get him a toy that will get his attention. Or start using plastic dog dishes. Better yet, elevate the dishes and secure them so he can't pick them up.
>>
>>2186526
Pretty much this. Exercise him more, give him more stimulation, and secure down the bowls.

Also teach him "drop it" and if you catch him in this behavior, tell him drop it. Dogs are smart. He'll catch on.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.