[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cat intruder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 20160809_024810.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_024810.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
So when I came home this evening a cat was at my door.

>pet cat
>cat headbutts me, purrs, back arched, tail up, clearly begging for food
>he's absolutely mad throwing himself at me
>my own cat watches ominously from the window.
>open the door to get in, stranger cat immediately rushes in front of me into the house which pisses off my cat
>horrible cat fight ensues
>separate them, put stranger cat outside, put my cat in the bedroom.
>cat desperately wants back in
>i decide to leave some food
>cat attacks the food and devours it, ive never seen a cat eat so fast
>wants more

after leaving some more food and water out I come back inside and hope it goes back home.

>5 hours later
>cat is still there, taunting my cat
>wants more food, wants into the house

At this point I'm worried this cat is legit lost and starved. He is definitely a house cat, and hopefully chipped. I live in Norway and it's cold out so I caved in and let it inside in a separate room, provided some make shift litter box, food and water.

He's restless if let alone, but if I'm with him he goes to sleep in my lap while purring. He looks younger than 1 year old and very friendly and affectionate. I've decided to let him stay the night and take him to a vet in the morning to scan for a chip.

Have I done the right thing? Or have I abducted someone's cat? Where I come from people don't let their cats out but I just moved to the country side and this is normal here so I'm not sure whether I should just have left it.

If he is not chipped I plan on dropping him at a small local cat shelter, where he is likely to be adopted.

pic is intruder. he doesn't stay still long enough to take a better pic.
>>
>>2186104
>If he is not chipped I plan on dropping him at a small local cat shelter, where he is likely to be adopted.
That's the best decision. Alternatively, find someone who's looking to own a cat and give it to them (if not chipped, obviously).

Mandatory
>outdoors cat
>not just poisoning it
>>
>>2186104

>Outdoor cat
>Letting it go back to it's owner.

He sounds like a sweetheart. Keep him and put up a few papers with his picture saying they'res a lost cat and give your phone-number. But I doubt they'll see it.
>>
>>2186104

>pet cat

stopped reading there, should have kicked that piece of shit out of your house
>>
>>2186106
I don't think I can have him in the house for any longer than tonight, but the shelter will try to find his owner before adopting him out. I am definitely dropping a picture and a phone number in a few stores to help out.

I finally got a better pic of him. He is a purrball and likes to go to sleep in my lap while kneading on my arm. I seriously hope I can find the owner because he is clearly someone's beloved kitty.
>>
File: 16-08-09-03-52-50-985_deco.jpg (2MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
16-08-09-03-52-50-985_deco.jpg
2MB, 1920x1920px
>>2186138
forgot pic
>>
>>2186141
More than a year old mate, at least two-four years. Well kept and groomed, assuming no fleas you can be assured that this is a house cat.
>>
>>2186141
Lovely. Absolutely sure he won't get along with your cat? Initial fights are normal, but sooner or later they should start to be less aggressive and could become pals. You did the right thing feedeng him and giving him shelter.
>>
>>2186141
It's so weird how ginger cats look like ginger humans. Good luck finding his custodian, OP.
>>
OP here. Good news! Mr Orange Tabby is chipped. He had been missing for a week. The vet called the owner and said they would keep him until they arrived from work to pick him up. Case closed.
>>
>>2186298

Youre right. I assumed he was younger due to his recklessness and lack of respect for personal space, but he is an adult. I will miss him!
>>
>>2186336
Very good!
You did a wonderful job, it would be a good thing to have more people like you.
>>
>Today, OP was not a fag
I found a cat by my barn once. I love pretty far out in the country and I never see stray cats so I was surprised. When I got close it came rubbing up on me and I seen it had a collar. I got it some food and water and called the number on the tag. Somehow this inside cat got loose and journeyed about 15 miles to my place. When the owner came to pick the cat up a nine year old girl came running up estatic to be reunited with her beloved pet. Not gonna lie, it felt pretty good. Good job OP.
>>
>>2186498
It does feel good! In the case of Tiger (the cat's name according to his owner) his house was also about 10 miles from where I live, all the way on the other side of town, so he journeyed a long way across 2 bridges over rivers to get here.

I got a call from his owner and his kids to thank me for bringing him in. It sounded like Tiger didn't really escape but rather he is just allowed to go out whenever and one day he didn't return (presumably got lost and ended up wandering for a week).

During the time he was outside my house I kept watch of him through the window and he seemed to be hunting moths and flies and eating them. I wonder if he had been living on moths for a few days, it would explain why he was so starved. At least there has been a lot of rain so there was no lack of puddles to drink from. I will miss the little guy so much.
>>
File: 1468418574345.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468418574345.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>2186336
This was a good thread.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.