[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hot is too hot for dog excercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: JAA_3538-2.jpg (3MB, 2395x2811px) Image search: [Google]
JAA_3538-2.jpg
3MB, 2395x2811px
I often offer my parents to walk their dogs because they never do, but they always try to stop me because it's too hot outside.

>you put on a fur coat and walk around and see how you feel, anon!

It's only 82 degrees out now though. I suspect maybe that they're just bad owners, but maybe there is something to giving walks for dogs that I don't know. Ideally I've read that you should walk your dogs 1-3 times a day but they usually don't ever, but let them roam in a huge backyard. For reference my family owns

>two siberian huskies
>one long-hair dotson
>one bijon / poodle / terrier mutt

So how hot is "too hot" for these dogs? Who is in the wrong?
>>
What I do before I walk my dog in the summer is try to take her early mornings or late afternoons when the sidewalk isn't too hot. What you do is place the back of your hand on the sidewalk and attempt to hold it there for 15 seconds. If you have to pull your hand off before then, it's too hot for your dog to be walked outside. You wouldn't want their paws to be burnt.
>>
Fur on animals acts as insulation against the heat as well. Your parents sound like the kind of owners that shave their double coated dog in order to "cool them down"
>>
As a general rule, if it is too hot for you, it is too hot for a dog. If you want a quick test, put your palm against the sidewalk. If it hurts you to have it there for more than a few seconds, it is too hot. But that is more of a concern in places this are 90+
>>
>>2185968
If it's too hot for you, it's too hot for the dogs.
Just avoid walking them out at noon.

There's no way in hell 28°C is too hot for dogs if they've their full fur.

>>2185978
Doesn't it only prevent them from getting even warmer when they're in the sun? Something-something the top part is heat up by the sun's warmth but the undercoat stays at the air's temp?
>>
Watch the pavement temperature, and watch the dog. When the tongue gets long, it's time to offer water and possibly a rest.
>>
>>2185972
This.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.