/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 39

File: questions.jpg (143KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
questions.jpg
143KB, 500x500px
I looked through the catalog and couldn't find something similar so I thought I'd start a new QTDDTOTT.

Basically, I've said I'd petsit for my sister. She has a few cats, two rabbits and a dog. A young, unneutered dog (although they are planning on it). He's quite excitable, and while they are away I was hoping to maybe do a little bit of training, because he always jumps up. What would the people of /an/ recommend? I have 3 days. They said they were gonna take him to young dog training as they 'missed the puppy one'. I just don't want my clothes wrecked every time I go round. He's a Beagle Bassett cross. I've also been advised not to let him off the lead during walks as he chases things, so obviously his recall is piss poor.

Please accept this shoddy thread image as an apology for having to answer such a shoddy repetitive question. I'll try and answer other questions in an /r/ type manner. I have a zoology degree, just no dog experience.
>>
Unfortunately you have to be consistent with dogs.. 3 days of training isn't going to stick.

I like clicker training. Start off by just making your noise (I snap my fingers, you can use a clicker, ballpoint pen, etc.) and give a treat. Don't expect the dog to do anything at first- he just needs to associate the noise with treats. When he's got that down, start giving him commands and whenever he makes any amount of progress, click and give a treat.
>>
How does /an/ feel about raw feeding? And I mean real raw feeding; whole chicken carcass, fish, organs etc and not just ground beef from your local Kroger.
>>
Did T-rex have feathers like a bird?
>>
>>2185407

More then likely, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM5JN__15-g
>>
>>2185410
Bummer. They looked more badass without.
>>
Where do chickens enjoy being pet? I have six right now who need my affection.
>>
>>2185388

There's two strings of thought, one that loves raw feeding and the other that is nervous about it. I'm in the second camp, so I'll explain how I feel and then I'm sure someone in the pro-camp will put their opinion across.

I'll start this with I'm a vet student that fed raw prior to vet school, and I'm not anti-raw by any stretch of the imagination. The issue with raw is that ALL the research done on it shows no clear benefit with plenty of downsides: as much as the pro-raw says that bones don't splinter, impactions happen - impactions perforating guts/the oesophagus arrives at the vets on a fairly regular basis.

Last year during my placement we had a two year old mutt in that had been fed raw duck necks- the neck had perforated his gut and he died two nights later despite our best efforts of sepsis. Please don't stick your head in the sand about this, raw bones are NOT safe. There's a brilliant cited research article in the vet times (http://www.vettimes.co.uk/article/evidence-based-nutrition-raw-diets/ - you can read it if you download the pdf, which is next to the printer icon) done by one of my professors on the matter. This is without going into the bacteria minefield.

I'd love to be pro-raw, I really would, but there's just so many downsides and currently no proven benefits.
>>
>>2185556
You are cute af
>>
File: 1440837746936.gif (309KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1440837746936.gif
309KB, 400x300px
Recently my cat of only eight years was run over and it's been devestating but I also own another strictly indoor cat who's been quieter than usual since he died. My mom has suggested rescuing a new cat from the shelter to keep the indoor one company and I'm wondering if that's an ok idea.
>>
>>2185437
kill this meme
>>
>>2185594
That's good to hear, as I've read and talked to vets about this topic and a lot of people say to go the raw way.
Are bones good for teeth? I thought chewing something that wasn't just canned food was better for your pets, among many reasons.
Also is it necessary to trim your cats claws? He uses scratch posts and doesn't seem to have an issue, a friend keeps telling me to do it.
>>
>>2185610
Im sorry to hear about your cat anon.
>>
>>2185594
The bacteria thing is a little weak, I ate a raw paleo diet for over a year with organs and muscle and marrow with no problems. I will concede the bone thig though, is it more common in small or large dogs to see perforation?
>>
>>2185773

It's not so much the dogs that are a problem with the bacteria (unless they're immune compromised), but who they come into contact with as they'll shed. It's still a worry in terms of public health.

As for large/small dogs- seen it in both, I wouldn't like to comment on which is more common as I've not seen practice long enough really. I've seen a lot of labs, but that's mostly because the raw feeders around here tend to hunt with retrievers.

>>2185726

R.e good for teeth- I will admit, prior to vet school when my dogs were fed raw their teeth were the best they've ever been: and teeth hygiene is the best thing going for raw.

However, I'm not willing to take the risk with bones for dental health when there's far better options out there to maintain dental health without the perforation risk- ok, the dental stick treats are a load of rubbish, but you can brush your dogs teeth.

Cats claws- if he doesn't have an issue, if the nails aren't too long and he's not scratching up your furniture there's no real health benefit to clipping his claws if they're maintained at a fairly short length. The issue with long claws is they tend to impede walking/curl back and grow into the leg- but if he can keep them at a short length without your intervention there's no need to trim them.

However, what I would say is that I would be tempted to get him used to the clippers so you don't have a problem in the future if you did need to clip his claws.
>>
>>2185594
That wasn't a research article, at all. More like a blog post.
>>
>>2185974
So you are arguing the bacteria point in that raw feeding is bad because their infected fur might come into contact with babies, the elderly, or the infirm? As a biochemist that is pretty silly, at that point you might as well argue against pets in general. I mean, what do you think comes out of their rectum, sunshine?
>>
Recently moved to the city and now my once outdoor cat (used to eat bunnies, and birds in paradise) now has to be an indoor cat and he seems kind of depressed to me. What do?
>>
>>2186018
Have you tried not transplanting invasive species?
>>
>>2185176

kitten stinks of piss n shit, should i bathe him?
>>
>>2186018
It'll get over it
>>
Is there a good alternative to collars? They're ugly af
>>
Is it okay to give milk to cats?
>>
If I have no commercial dog food, what's the best thing to give my dog? She's a 7 year old Vizsla mix. Usually I give her some whole wheat bread and lunch meat or cottage cheese.
>>
>>2186150
I think they're lactose intolerant.
>>
How often should my roommate probably be changing his cat's litterbox? One of my roommates moved out and took her cat with her at the start of the summer and now a different roommate has been tasked with taking care of his remaining cat's litter box that she had previously cleaned. But the cat has shit outside of his box about 3 or 4 times this summer since then. And I'm noticing the area around the litterbox stink more often. This is also a very large and somewhat overweight cat if that makes any difference.
>>
>>2186018
Have you tried playing with him more?
>>
>>2186150
No.
>>
>>2186137
Harnesses? What kind of animal are you concerned with?
>>
>>2186108
How old is it?
Kittens shouldn't stink. Talk to a vet about it.
>>
>>2186237
What about that "cat milk" stuff.
Also is it possible for people to give sources?
>>
>>2186204
Once a day. Completely change the litter and wash the box once a month.
Wash the shovel regularly.
>>
>>2185176
Is the cat food from whole foods good or do i need to go to a store specifically for pets to get quality food?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3211px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3211px
Why do birds tap on windows and look like they want inside?

There is a whole bunch of little sparrow birds sitting on a tree outside my living room window and taking turns landing on the frame and tapping at the glass. I've seen single birds that "attacked" their own reflection before, but this is a bit different.
>>
>>2186366
Sorry I don't have a source. I always just thought it was common knowledge. A vet will gladly explain it to you. Cats just aren't built to be able to handle milk past infancy and their bodies can't process it.

The cat milk treats in the petstore are okay to give to cats, but only as occasional treats. They don't have much nutritional value and aren't good in excess.
>>
>>2186566
Depends on the food you're looking at.
>>
>>2186621
well what cat food is good at whole foods? I've just been getting meow mix which is apparently terrible so pretty much anything will be better im just not sure how good of food i should be getting or from where
>>
>>2186626
I'm not an expert, but when picking a food, I look at the ingredient list. The first ingredient should be a clearly identified meat like chicken (my cat seems allergic to chicken though so I buy duck), and I don't buy food that contains byproducts or too much filler like corn or grains. The first 5 ingredients or so are the most important ones to be looking at because they're listed in order of content.

I think some whole foods might carrysome food that meets that sort of criteria but I buy my food from petsmart or petco.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 480x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 480x301px
My brother gave me his pet to take care of when he's busy. How do I play with him?
>>
>>2186652
Slay it before it steals all your fortune and kidnaps the princess.
>>
>>2186659
Made me chuckle. But really, how do I play with him?
>>
>>2186664

>play
Uhm. Live food that it can chase around the tank.
Hold it once a day for five minutes at a time.
>>
>>2186670
Got it
>>
>>2186620
Oh of course, I was just talking about answers in general on this thread.
>>
Yo i've spotted a few mousies getting in my apartment and have growled them away and then finding another hole to cover so they don't get in.

I don't want to kill them either but I can't have them getting in and thinking its cool to come in here because of >muh hantavirus.

I have basically covered all holes I found that i think they could get through, should I just let the little shits run around in the walls till they realize they're not gonna get anything except getting scared when I growl at them and running for their lives lol?
>>
>>2186196

Fruits and veges, cooked meat with no bones/seasoning.

Consult the internet for veges and such. Some are best kept raw, and some are best prepared a certain way (like potatoes).
>>
Are female beagles good family dogs?
Would also be a companion to a GSP.
>>
>>2186985
I'm pretty sure you aren't going to get hantavirus unless you're living in filth.
Blocking the holes should fix it though, just make sure they dont try chewing back in.
>>
>>2186990
okie, ty for the reply.
>>
>>2186018
Get a huge ass scratch tree with different levels and toys and shit and play with your cat more.
>>
who heres likes cats or somethign?
>>
I've had my kitten for a little over a week now and she is really bad at not stepping in her own poop when she's trying to cover it up in her litter box. I'm getting a bit tired of cleaning poopy kitten paws. (Thank god I don't have wall-to-wall carpeting in my flat.)

What do?
>>
i tihnk i have deprpesiobn
>>
>>2187050
Kill yourself you furry faggot
>>
i know how to make a mewan pasta !
>>
guys i htinsk im high how do i fix ?>
>>
also how does men in black 2 end i wannak now
>>
>>2187055
Slaughter yourself. Your continued existence is a blight on this world
>>
blight is a really bad thing in darkest dungeon, it does like 4 damage every round its overpowered!
>>
>>2187057
Just grab a knife, and just jam it one of your eyes.
>>
im out of knives i used them all on cutting oninos so i could cry :(
>>
>>2187058
Dude, what the fuck
>>
>>2187058
i'll tell you what, if you keep insulting mai waifu, i will slaughter your children.
>>
thank
>>
>>2185594
What if you feed them ground up bone?
>>
>>2185610
How old is your indoor cat?
Often when I've brought a new kitten to a house with older cats (10+), the older cats' health deteriorates, but it's a case-by-case thing.

Looking at how your cat seems to be upset for the loss, in your case, it may not be such a bad idea.
>>
>>2186985
You could buy some traps and release them somewhere else. I've heard they're basically never coming back if you release them a mile+ away.
>>
>>2186985
Why not contact your landlord to take care of them?

>>2187049
Wait for her to grow out of it and become more careful?
>>
File: Advice for the elderly.jpg (53KB, 479x424px) Image search: [Google]
Advice for the elderly.jpg
53KB, 479x424px
>>2187058
>>
File: bolton.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
bolton.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
is there never just a /dog/ general here?

anyway, this is michael bolton. mom was catahoula, dad was black lab, he's right at 4 months, just got him a couple weeks ago.
he's my first ever dog and i love him and i think it would be cool to train him to hunt rabbits eventually. (i know labs are used more for duck hunting but i dont know how to shoot)
and so im researching this and i know i gotta get the basics down first so i've got a couple questions:

how can i better train his recall response if its just me? he knows his name and (for the most part) comes when i call. i havent been using a leash when we go on walks and he's been really good at staying with me except for a few times, and when i took him to visit his mom and brother he would come to me or at least look up at me when i called his name. but how are some other ways that i can just get that response better on my own?

second question, is he too young for treats? if not, what kind should i get him?

oh, and i guess third question, when can i start taking him on hikes? how do i know his walking threshold?
>>
>>2187562
ZakGeorge on YouTube. Watch his recall video.

How long of a hike? You should wait until he is done growing before rigorous exercise with your dog like running and long hikes. It will probably be about 2 years for him, but consult your vet for a certain answer.
>>
>>2187575

ill probably just hold off on the hikes until hes a bit older, this new city doesnt have many places to get out to anyway. thanks for the youtube recommendation im checking his videos out now. and it looks like he's just using slices of turkey meat as a reward even for the puppy videos, so i can just go grab some of that from the store and start using it to train him?
>>
dog's gotten diarrhea, we've only very recently shifted from purina dog chow to authority since it's better from what we've heard, should we be worried? how long after we switch food should we be concerned about diarrhea?
>>
when a cat sleeps on your lap it means he loves you or he owns you?
do dogs know they are loved?
>>
Adopted a dog. Some kind of retriever mutt. He has dew claws on all 4 legs and they're sturdy but he has 2 dew claws on one hind leg. The second one does not resemble any sense of the word sturdy .

He is about 4 years old and I'm a bit curious as to the right thing to do here.
On one hand he has made it this far without injuring them and I figured it would have happened by now. On the other hand accidents happen and I'd rather get it clipped now as opposed to him getting to be old and then injuring it.
Should I leave it? Go get it removed? Go get them all removed?
>>
How long can fish survive (in a fishtank) without being fed.
I'm planning to get a fishtank but thing is I'm a uni student living and studying in the city but during the year I like to get back home at my parents and stay there for the weekend. Would fish survive and not eat each other if I left friday night and returned to feed them at sunday night? Or should I plan to get someone to feed the fishos?
>>
>>2187906
As lame as an answer, I would ask your vet. It sounds like something you could ask the next time you are down there, so don't go rushing there. They would definitely know best.
>>
>>2187682
You didn't switch the food gradually like you are supposed to did you? Diarrhea is normal for this but if it lasts more than a few days call your vet and see what they recommend

>>2187890
My cat likes to sleep on me for the pets and warm he gets

>>2187933
A friend of mine's fish only get fed every other day and they have been fine for a few years so maybe? Might depend on the fish. Do your research and maybe ask the aquarium general
>>
>>2187890
It means the cat wants to sleep on your lap. It doesn't do any good to generalize or anthropomorphize animal behavior. Love and ownership could just be human concepts that cats and dogs don't experience, or they experience a similar approximation in their own ways. They do exhibit clear affection and can be territorial, though, so maybe that's close enough. It's also important to consider that different cats have different personalities, and one cat may sleep on a lap for a much different reason than the next cat. Could be either out of "love" or "ownership" or some other different reason depending on the cat.

I think a dog may be smart enough to read affection if its shown the right way.
>>
Can high heat and humidity (90* and 95%) potentially make a longhair black cat breath a bit heavily?

I know fast breathing is a bad sign, but I just moved making him anxious, its hot as shit, and this cat who has never had issues before is huffing a bit. For what it counts, he still eats, drinks, poops, pees, sleeps, plays and snugs as if nothing was wrong. AC is up and running tomorrow and can't make it to vet for a few days, but last checkup (a few months ago) came with a pretty good 'strong heart and lungs' from the vet. Hes black, so its hard to tell by gums and ears, but they look pretty normal and pinkish. Tongue is a bright pink.
>>
Is it ok to make out with my bc she turns 18 this year.
>>
Is there anything I can buy to treat my little kitten's kennel cough? There aren't any vets nearby and his eyes have begun to water, along with the coughs.
>>
>>2188168
cats can get heatstroke like everything else.

>>2188206
kittens don't get kennel cough. she has an upper respiratory infection. either buy fishmox online or go buy some from a store like tractor supply co. find dosage online, it's important to be accurate esp. with a kitten.
>>
I own an 8 month old Bull arab cross Irish wolfhound. She's still cheeky/bitchy, ripped the seat off my pants today. I'd like to teach her to behave better. People say its just a puppy phase, but her behavior coupled with her large size and strength causes problems.

Most importantly, though, she tugs on the leash and obstructs her own breathing. How can I keep her leash loose?

Thank you
>>
>>2188281
When it comes to leash pulling stop and refuse to move every time she pulls until she stops pulling and the leash is as loose as you want. You can give a treat at this time if you wish. Then start moving again until she pulls again. Even if this makes walks last for an extra hour or so at first you have to let her know that pulling means no walks
>>
>>2188211
Are you off your fucking nut? Don't encourage some dumb nigger who thinks his kitten has a dog disease to self-med with fish abx except as an absolute last resort.

>>2188206
If it's an upper respiratory infection, it may pass on its own in time. There are ways to relieve symptoms - for example, congestion can be combated by shutting the kitten in the bathroom with you while you take a shower. Humidifiers are good too. If its eyes or nose has a lot of discharge, you can clean them by gently wiping with a warm wet washcloth. Encourage fluid intake; change its water often and if you aren't already, give it canned food. Even mix in a tablespoon or so of extra tap water if it'll still eat it. Limit the amount of stress the kitten is under as much as you can.
>>
>>2188299
Amoxicillin is really hard to OD on so it's fairly safe so long as it's not over/under used, but your advice is much better as a first attempt.
>>
I know a lot of people who havent been trained about them may disagree, but the best thing I ever did for my dog was get a pinch collar. He would pull until he couldnt breathe even if we stopped early on in his life. He now is so calm with it and gets excited to see it come out instead of just a leash.

For a dog that pulls they are great. Plus unlike chokes it doesnt hurt them or cause windpipe damage. And unlike a harness that just makes most dogs feel like pulling more, it is a great alt.

So if you cant get it to slow down with the stop method/treats then try one. I put it on my own neck as I was worried but the trainer said it works wonders. It didnt hurt me at all and my dog never is injured.

On the other issues, Im not really sure. Ive never had dogs rip my pants and be mouthy because we train them from an early age not to.
>>
>>2188328
>>2188296
Cheers!
>>
File: dong collar.jpg (63KB, 541x298px) Image search: [Google]
dong collar.jpg
63KB, 541x298px
>>2188328
First time I've heard something positive for pinch collars, or anything about them in general. Are you able to debunk this image or something? How did your dog make a positive association with the pinch collar?

I also don't think I will be able to find a trainer who knows about them.
Still, Im open to anything that could potentially solve my dog fucking up her windpipe
>>
i want an affectionate medium-large dog with no major health problems that isnt a golden retriever, what fits this criteria?
>>
>>2188368
German Shorthaired Pointer.
Medium side of medium-large, loyal as fuck, obedient and smart.
>>
>>2188370
>German Shorthaired Pointer.

they seem cool, i'm also interested in a spitz breed can they be very affectionate?
>>
File: dog3.jpg (163KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
dog3.jpg
163KB, 540x960px
what breed is this?
>>
>>2188373
Actually had a German spitz (klein?) as well, small lap dog variety but they're very one person orientated jelous yappers.
>>
>>2188349
Oh gosh that image. The only way a dog could get any sort of wound that big would be by pulling hard for a long period of time/likely one abused and chained with it on 24/7 and even more likely a bait dog. That poor guy.

For my Pitty he was really good at the whole touch/grab neck softly like a mother dog would. I guess sort of like that whole cesar milan thing (closest well known image I can think of). So I think it was just easy for him to feel safe with it on. He never pulls, and the few times he does when there is a cat or something I just lightly tug and he goes 'oh ok'. It might also work well because I tap his hind leg during walks and did so before trying the collar. So he is again used to the distract by touch.

Really its mostly about fit. It is supposed to sit loose. Enough so that you can fit a good few fingers under the prong but not enough to slip out of. Most of the time it sits on his flabby neck snug but able to move.

My dad actually works at pet smart and has so many people who didnt take his advice about safe pinch use and thought he was nuts, until they tried it and found if it worked or not.

I hope it helps your dog, but as with all things it depends on the type. My brothers small dog hates anything that pokes her, even a stick she is chewing on. So its not for her haha. But more often than not with people I know who have larger dogs/pulling issues it does wonders.

Add to that a dog backpack with a few cans of soup or water bottles in it and that made a major difference in me being able to walk my muscular guy. (Im only 5'3" and petite so he could drag me if he tried)

I hope you can find some way to make it easier. I used to hate when he would choke himself from pulling. Such determined itiots dogs can be.
>>
Oh and if I think about it, Ill find a picture of him with the combo. He doenst wear the pack much now that he is nearing 10 and has hip issues, but he loves that darn thing.
>>
how much does a collie need to be exercised? how about a norwegian elkhound? or a belgian tervuren?
>>
Dog is really itchy
I switched her to limited ingredient and added in nupro supplements this week but she's still itchy

Is it just waiting it out or is there something else I can do to alleviate it. I'm guessing shes allergic to something outdoors like grass or pollen? It's not fleas though

Do clickers actually work for training? I want to teach her to leave stuff when she picks it up outside. She can drop tennis balls on cue sometimes but that's about it
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
/an/, why do other dog owners cringe when I tell them that I feed my pup Iams? The first ingredient is meat, and more expensive foods tend to upset her stomach. Her coat is shiny and she's healthy. She seems to love the taste of it, too. Is there anything I don't know about the brand?
>>
>>2185176
there's a stray cat problem where I live (apartment complex allows cats for some reason, I don't understand why) and the strays always try to get into the dumpsters. I've seen raccoons around here too (near the woods) and I'm pretty sure the raccoons and the cats try to fight over the dumpsters sometimes.

any suggestions on what to do? I'm not sure if a trap neuter return program is in place. I was thinking about using a lavender spray on my garbage because it apparently is a decent cat repellent.
>>
>>2188375
Belgian Shepherd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tervuren_dog
>>
>>2188511
Yes but what kind of 'meat'. That is the first red flag on any pet food. Usually the word meat means animal by-products. Usually those are made up of meat the FDA deems unfit for human consumption. Including overly medicated animals/Rotten/Diseased. Even worse some low grade dog foods like Iams, Eukanuba, Beneful..etc have been found to contain dead dogs and even their collars. (This may not be common these days, but even in 2009 it was a good sized issue and caused deaths. One of my own dogs sadly had a spleen so large from by-products in beneful that it stunned the doctor.)

The second problem is that Iams and such are made of mostly fillers. Mainly corn. That shouldnt ever be a main part of food for dogs or cats as they mainly require meat and healthy veggies. Corn is likely to cause diabetes and obesity in later years.

Even if your dog seems to do well on it, you never know until you try a better food. Mine is currently on blue buffalo large breed that is grain free with half home mad food (which consists of ground beef, a bit of carrot as he loves it, and a small part potato). But we have also used another natural brand that is pork and sweet potato.

Really the difference shows after a month on the new food. My dog has a nicer coat, no rashes, no more eye goop, and is having less joint issues. Sure he isnt young anymore, but even changing it from a lesser quality later in life can show great results.

It isnt like all dogs get bad effects from Iams. But I like to treat my guy with the best I can especially in his old age to prolong his life and keep him healthy. As much as some commercials for blue buffalo are all worried about meat not being the first product I could care less about that. Its more not having animal by-product.

Also the reason many higher quality upset her stomach is likely its too rich. Try something that is a grain like rice if that is a problem. My other dog is on a chicken and pumpkin with rice blend dog kibble.
>>
>>2188490
What limited food is it? Does it include grains of any sort or a meat they are not used to? My boy cant have any or he gets majorly pink rashy skin. Especially with rye. Is she always itchy or is it a new thing. If its new Id say its not likely the food. (Unless when it started you had changed foods.)

Clickers for sure work, but as always it depends on the dog. My last dog did great with it, it takes work to get them to think 'treat' when you click but its well worth it. Though my current dog is afraid of noises like that and would just get amped. I just use drop it/leave it for him. So if your dog has the right temperament for sounds it would be great for that sort of thing.
>>
>>2187682
As another said it should be gradually mixed in. Feeding just plain white rice can help quell stomach problems, as well as canned plain pumpkin.

But if it lasts longer than the usual week or so it could be that the food you chose is too rich or has ingredients your dog is allergic to. What are the first five ingredients on both foods?
>>
>>2188624
Old Food: Whole grain corn, meat and bone meal, corn gluten meal, animal fat preserved with mixed tocopherols, soybean meal.
New Food: Chicken, chicken meal, brown rice, corn, oat groats
>>
How much digitalis is enough to kill you and is it possible for it to get into your system through your eyes?
Because, i just got a load of digitalis seeds in my eyes.
>>
Dog plays fetch perfectly when indoors.

Dog ignores same ball/toy completely when we go out to the park to play.

How do I get dog to play fetch when we go outside?
>>
>>2188619
She was still itchy but not so much with lamb and potato LF, but it's been going on since the start of the summer well maybe earlier, got worse when I switched to puppy chow.
and now I bought her
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010NVBM0C
since monday but she's still red and itchy. I got her some supplement powder as well for the mornings but nothing so far.
>>
File: 1373987199847.png (7KB, 210x365px) Image search: [Google]
1373987199847.png
7KB, 210x365px
How does care credit work when it comes to the different "promotions?" How will I know which one I get when it comes to says a $1000+ purchase?
>>
>>2188652
I would say try something that is pork, possibly lamb, its lean and not as rich as beef. But some dogs have issues with poultry. My smaller dog especially had problems with it as a puppy but seems less bothered now. Also if you can try and find a grain free, and with out corn. Rice is totally fine for most though.

Also even if you had been giving just the new with out a slow integration start doing so. At least half old, half new food.

Still for the time being make sure to keep the dog hydrated, feed plain white rice/puree pumpkin. It will help reduce the diarrhea.
>>
>>2188895
I would say its likely a grain allergy then if that much changed when using a low quality food. What breed/age is it? Our smaller dog with chicken issues ate that as a pup and seemed to do well on it.

>>2188694
I dont know that much about foxglove poisoning, other than if you inhale enough of its pollen/seeds you can get bad pneumonia. So Im not sure what it would do in eyes.

I would call poison control to see what they say. My first instinct is to do a eye rinse similar to those in science labs. Look online for info on ingredients with saline and such.
>>
>>2188927
It's a mutt maybe some german shepherd terrier hotdog dog adopted mix. Who knows
It's about 9-10 months old. I hope it reduces soon, because I don't know what else it might be
>>
>>2188211
>>2188299
my bad, the person at the humane society where I adopted my kitten referred to the disease as kennel cough. Anyways, I'm making the trip with him to the vet tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be anything major and he'll be prescribed antibiotics or something.
>>
Is dewormer from the store safe to use on my doggo? I don't really want to go to the vet if I can take care of it at home.
>>
>>2189229
Yep.
>>
I'm thinking about adopting a cat. What are the pro's and cons of adopting two kittens as a start?
>>
>>2188899
bump
>>
Please give me some real examples of being a "strong owner".

t. wants to get a dog that requires a "strong owner"
>>
>>2185176
its raining outside right now. If I take my dog out for a walk in the rain will that make her poops wet and soggy later when she poops them out?
>>
File: 1470075097869.jpg (1MB, 3042x2274px) Image search: [Google]
1470075097869.jpg
1MB, 3042x2274px
There's been a cat, I believe feral, around the neighborhood for a little over a year. I have put out food on occasion cause I liked seeing it and hoped that would draw it around more often. Recently, it has had kittens. Watching her carry them to a new den, I believe it's at least 5. Should I be worried about controlling their population? Like capture the kittens and take them to get done? I've never owned a cat or dealt with this type of situation.
>>
File: fatty.jpg (83KB, 666x488px) Image search: [Google]
fatty.jpg
83KB, 666x488px
>>2189429
Don't be a big fat weakling
>>
>>2188899
Ask the provider

>>2189446
Yes, you should contact your local shelters about possible catch, fix, and release programs for the kittens and mom
>>
I'm looking at getting a cockatiel, and I work a typical nine-to-five job.
Would it be better if I got a pair so that they'd have each other while I was gone, or will one be fine during the day?
I don't go out much aside form work anyway, so once I got home I'd have the rest of my evening to spend with the bird/s.
>>
>>2189446
1. Catch the kittens and mom
2. kill the pests
3. Repeat 1 & 2 as necessary
>>
How do I get my dog to stop fucking my pillow?
>>
>>2189699
Let him fuck you instead
>>
>>2188925
was just informed he's been having mushy poop since we switched good (nobody noticed but my father who didn't think he should tell us because it's "our dogs") so about a month it's been getting musher (apparently) he acts the same as before and he's been drinking and everything just fine. should we switch to the different flavor for sure then? the other dog is doing fine on it. we should still do half and half with the old food obviously but for how long? will his stomach adjust to it and we won't need to switch to a different flavor? also, would we need to do half and half still even with the same brand but a different flavor of it? and should I take him to the vet or no? sorry for all the questions i just wanna make sure he's gonna be good
>>
>>2189809
food* on phone, sorry
>>
File: 8400 Spiders.png (285KB, 510x730px) Image search: [Google]
8400 Spiders.png
285KB, 510x730px
>>2185176
Oh shit, this place actually has a QTDDTOT. I should have checked the catalog before making a thread... oh well.

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post for this board, but can anybody tell me a bit about flies and spiders?
>Big fly gets into house
>Annoying piece of shit flies around and I just decide fuck it and take my nap
>Wake up an hour later and notice something on desk
>It's the fly, except it looks "crushed"; completely deflated but it isn't leaking its insect organs and shit or is staining the desk, just dead like somebody turned that fucker 2D

Did a spider kill that fucker and drain it or did the fly just suddenly go "I'm going to fucking die now" and just falls and become near-2 dimensional?

And 2nd question, how do spider bites fuck people up?
>I've been bit by spiders a couple times, no hassle. Even if it breaks flesh barely any pain and a light swelling
>Only 2 dangerous poisonous spiders here in Cali (black widow and brown recluse, and I think the brown recluse's habitat isn't even here so it's like one in a billion to encounter one)
>One day my mom gets "bit" by a spider when she's putting on her gloves
>No visible bite mark or anything and the spider isn't a black widow/brown recluse
>Her hand gets swollen and she's in pain so I take her to ER and her entire arm gets numb, and she's in so much pain she can't make a fist
>Gets better after 4 days.
Was that just because the spider made a barely existent bite and transferred bad bacteria over?

More interested in the first. The fly was on its side rather than facing legs upward, if that matters. I can just assume the 2nd was bacteria or an allergic reaction
>>
redpill me on American Staffordshire Terriers
>>
So /an/,
I adopted a 5 month kit, spayed, and apparently female yesterday from the shelter.
So today as i browsed the web, the little furball was grooming herself, and i saw a pink genitalia stick out... made me wonder wether or not it was actually female. Since i havent named the kit, can i just get a confirmation of the gender?
Thanks!
>>
>>2189648
If you want social birds that interact with you don't get a breeding pair. A male and female together will bond with each other and not you.

>>2189995
Looks male to me but if they have already spayed it idk. Maybe a hermaphrodite? Bring it up to your vet at your next appointment
>>
I've realized the dog is really insecure, how can I work at that. She always seems aggressive but around other dogs she gets really scared
>>
>>2189967
>SHITBULLS GET OUT REEEEE
>>
>>2189995
I have a female cat and every once in a while from the right angle when she was a kitten you could catch a glimpse of her cooch. Kinda weird, actually. It was more slit shaped and didn't look quite like your pic, though. Still a bit similar, I guess. I can't imagine someone performing a spaying and identifying the sex wrong, but I can imagine a shelter mixing up its paperwork or something and telling the adopters the wrong info. I'm still leaning more towards female, but I don't think I'm experienced enough to say I'm sure.

You should be seeing a vet eventually anyway, so ask them. they'll know.

Your cat won't care if you change their name later so call it whatever you want. You've got a 50/50 chance of keeping the name anyway, or could go with a gender neutral name.
>>
File: 20160814_233639.jpg (3MB, 2120x2714px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_233639.jpg
3MB, 2120x2714px
I'm wondering if I should continue my dog training sessions.

It's $65/session and each session is about an hour long. I hired the trainer because my dog has a bad barking problem but after 4 classes we've mainly worked on obedience. I'm totally cool with obedience and working up from there but at $65 a pop it's getting expensive. I wanted the training to help me as an owner as well; I realize I have ""humanized"" my dog and let him get away with quite a bit. I want my dog to be obedient and not so scared of everything but I don't think my wallet can handle many more sessions.

I rationalize the cost because the trainer comes to my house and supplies the training treats (my dog is very food motivated). She said cases like this usually take about 6 sessions to resolve but I'm not sure if we'll even get to the core problem by the 6th session.

>inb4 why have a dog if you can't afford it
I would drop $500 on an emergency visit in a heart beat. Spending $500 on training doesn't seem as rational.

Pic related: my dongo
>>
>>2190654
>I rationalize the cost because the trainer comes to my house and supplies the training treats
You know full well that transport and dog treats don't amount to that much. The cost is about supply and demand, like most things. The trainer charges that much because she values her work that much and so do you, so she can get away with it. And there's nothing wrong with it because that's how business works.

But (and this is from a consumer perspective more than a dog-owner one) if you are dissatisfied with the service you are receiving or its cost, you can always shop around for something else. If you're generally satisfied with your dog's behavior and want to focus on one specific behavior, or pay less for the whole course, then you can tell your trainer that that's what you want to do. And if she's too attached to her method to work out something to accommodate her customer's needs or wants, you can look for somebody else to provide the service who will. If there is nobody else, then you can reconsider if you still want/need the service badly enough, and if you do then you're stuck with it.
>>
>>2190654
Very cute dongo.

I agree, it does seem like a lot, specially since most don't consider training a part of a dog's expenses.
>>
>>2190658
>You know full well that transport and dog treats don't amount to that much
True, true. This is the first time I've ever worked with a trainer so I was imagining it would be $50/session if I went to a central location and brought my own treats.

She is very skilled and fearless. She has many years of training service dogs and competes in obedience competitions often. She has mentioned her other clients as an aside when scheduling our next session. It's usually along the lines of, "My Mondays opened up because a couple decided that can't afford training anymore." I don't think she's the kind of person to budge with costs, especially since I'm one person with one dog and therefore not a repeating customer.

>>2190659
Thank you! He always lumps on the couch like that.

I guess I should've shopped around for prices but I hired her shortly after I moved to a bigger (and more dangerous) city so I went with the first trainer I found. She had a lot of good feedback and I just didn't question the cost.
>>
can i teach a dog to growl/bark on command? lots of little lad faggots walk around my town and i want them to be back off near me but i don't want my dog to attack them.
>>
Why do people treat dogs like Humans? I had my gf make me pull over the day for a ran over stray limping, but before I did, I said fuck off, and drove us to the store, we own pets, but strays are bad and luckily we passed a no kill shelter bill on our city, so our streets will be safer
>>
>>2188414
i think you're talking out your ass and you should probably kill yourself
>>
>>2190712
Yes. Get it to bark then positively reward it whilst repeating the cue word.
After a few days dog should be onto it.

You might just want to hold the lead a bit more defensively if you come across unfavorables.
>>
Should I get two kittens instead of one?
>>
Is a crate just a cage? I am so hesitant to get our new puppy a crate because I feel like I will be locking her up. I don't often leave the house but when I do I take her with me. That has only been going on for the two days since we got her. She mostly just stays in my room or with my mom when she is home, and without any problems.

My sleeping schedule is completely messed up because of her though and if she did have a crate I could put her in there where I know she'll be safe and not getting into mischief and I could take a nap. She's been sleeping a good amount anyway. Plus, I am attempting to get a job and if I can't get a good schedule for that then I am thinking I will have to get one. I am falling asleep right now shit
>>
>>2191027
I was away from my house for a weekend away and preped my house accordingly for my young cat to not go hungry/thirsty/etc. I came back and my cat seems ok for the most part, but one thing he keeps doing is meowing and pawing at my container of kitten litter. I cleaned/restocked his litterbox fed him etc and tried everything i could to see what is up with him, but any time i stop playing with him etc etc he goes back to the kitten litter, trying open it up while meowing incessantly and he isnt the sort of cat to meow much either. Im just wanting to make sure nothing is wrong with him,
>>
>>2190654
A good dog training book + boiled shredded chicken breasts is very cheap training tool.
>>
File: 20160815_210829.jpg (598KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_210829.jpg
598KB, 2048x1152px
How i keep my chinchilla from humping my stuffed animals and chewing my baseboards? What a rat!
>>
>>2191310
>What a rat!

No, that's a chinchilla...
>>
>>2191015
If you're able to commit to two animals go for it. I wish I'd gotten two so she had a buddy to play with instead of playing with inanimate objects for hours on end.
>>
why when my cat is looking away from me, i press my nose on top of her head and sniff long and hard as affection, and she keeps looking forward normally

but when i stop, she turns and stare at me as if i steal the moonlight
>>
>>2189429
if you have to ask, you aint one desu.

basically just don't be a pussy, your doggos sole existence on this earth is to serve you, it was bread for that specific purpose. in return you give it food and affection and training.
>>
>>2185176

I swear I thought this post would devolve into you asking how to properly fuck the dog.
>>
>>2187055

You find out the main girl is agent K's daughter. J and K send her off to space because her being on earth is making earth a beacon for intergalactic threats. They both kill Serleena in the end.
>>
File: QYo4CkE.jpg (273KB, 1156x712px) Image search: [Google]
QYo4CkE.jpg
273KB, 1156x712px
My cat use to be very cheery, loved exploring, loved sleeping on my chest every night.

After year of free range feeding because of my dipshit mother, she got to be very overweight.

Now the cat's been with me for a year and we've turned around her eating habits.

Despite the progress she's made, all she does is lie around alone, usually in another room. She wants NOTHING to do with me and only shows up when she's hungry for food.

We got a younger cat, and all she does is hiss at swat at him. She growls at everything now, can't even pet her without her getting upset.

Is there anything I can do? I just give her space now. She use to be close family, literally my best friend. Now it's like she hates me.

pic sort of related, before and after.
>>
File: image1.jpg (193KB, 1210x1613px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
193KB, 1210x1613px
Getting this kitten in a few days time, how long do I keep him indoors before you can let them outside?
>>
>>2191489

K Y S
Y
S
>>
>>2191489
Fuck you. Keep him indoors.
>>
Can you train Budgies to not make noise? My parents seem to think so but I call BS on it. They're just noisy birds. You can't train them to be quiet.

Also, do Budgies make more noise if they're not allowed out of their cage? My parents are the type of people that don't let their birds out. I believe that's why they're so noisy--they're stressed or bored.
>>
>>2191544

>trusting parents with anything about animals

That poor bird went insane a long time ago.
>>
>>2191528
b-but I got him to keep the mice/snakes out of the barn
>>
Do you have to clean your cat or dogs paws and butt? It recently dawned on me that they're probably tracking fecal matter all over your house.
>>
I'm curious, can feral cats be tamed after kittenhood or are they impossible to keep? I once saw a documentary on TV that said the latter. Also, is the American Pit Bull Terrier an actual breed? I always heard it was but the AKC doesn't have it registered.
>>
>>2191558

It'd be the germaphobe thing to do, but honestly, there's a constant stream of microscopic shit coming out of your bathroom so who gives a fuck really.
>>
>>2191548

There used to be two birds but one died a few weeks ago. My parents are gonna buy a new budgie eventually.

Speaking of dead animals, what are you supposed to do with their bodies? Cats and dogs can be cremated but what do you do with smaller pets? Throwing them away is too disrespectful.
>>
>>2191563

I buried my guinea pigs.
You could always put them in a cardboard shoebox and give them a burial at sea, I suppose.
>>
I'm petsitting two cats. Some of the friendliest cats I've ever met, almost like dogs. They're big babies, and are really missing their owners. They now refuse to eat unless I stay in the room with them. If I try to leave to take care of the house, they follow me and cry.

Is there anything I can do to make them more comfortable? They have a week left, and they're only getting clingier and more anxious.
>>
>>2191573
Not really. Cats are neurotic as fuck. You could try to buy some Feliway and give them some calming treats, but that's sort of expensive.
>>
>>2191574
Damn. Thanks for replying.

I just hate seeing them so anxious and sad. They're damn good cats. Guess I'll just keep talking to them while they eat.
>>
My cat can't retract her claws, front or back. I just had to pull her off of my lap because one of her claws got stuck in my leg. She's three years old, and has a minor disability (spine ends at her hip, no tail, walks funny).

Could the inability to retract claws be related to the disability? Is there anything I can do to encourage them to retract, or are we fucked?
>>
>>2191613

Do you clip her nails at all?
>>
>>2191616
Yes. Didn't make her any more capable of retracting.

It's been a few months, though. I probably should start again so she doesn't get stuck in my skin anymore.
>>
Are there any healthy smokeable herbs?
>>
>>2191622

Smoking is bad no matter what you smoke.
Burning carbon produces tar regardless of what form it's in.
>>
>>2191619
If you can't see the quick, then more likely than not, it's that her nails really are too long.
>>
>>2191613
That's...very strange, I've never heard of anything like that.

I'm not sure that her claws not retracting is related to her other deformity, but it's not uncommon for animals to have multiple deformities even if they're unrelated. Have you asked a vet about it?

As for how to help her retract her claws, I don't know. Do you know why she can't retract them? That would be helpful. If she lacks the normal anatomy in her paws it could be that it's impossible to retract them. When you look at her feet, can you tell what's going on with the finger bones/claws?

I don't have any suggestions for getting her to retract them, especially without knowing more about why they don't retract. But you could clip/file her nails and/or put "kitty caps" on them to manage them. It can't be fun to get her claws stuck in things.
>>
>>2191628
I used to get them professionally done, then started doing them myself. I don't think her claws have ever fully retracted. I do leave them a little long because I'm terrified of cutting the quick, though.

>>2191631
They look normal to me, but her legs (especially the back legs) are pretty stiff. Maybe there's something wrong with the tendons, too?

I've taken her to the vet a few times for neurological issues, but the xrays always showed up inconclusive because there was too much fecal matter in the intestines. Never thought to bring up the claw thing because I barely noticed when I was keeping them trimmed monthly.

She's due for a vaccine, anyway. I'll take her in and see what the vet thinks. At the very least I'll get the techs to cut them short.
>>
>>2191637
Oh, yeah, it may be a tendon problem. Or an issue with her muscles constantly being tensed? I'm not sure if anything can be done about it, but it can't hurt to ask the vet when you take her in for her vaccine.

Can we get a picture of your kitty? She sounds like an interesting fellow.
>>
File: Vivi Keyboard.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vivi Keyboard.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
>>2191641
Best I have available right now. Doesn't really show off her no-tail or her claws. I'll try to get a better pic later.
>>
>>2191647
Aww, she's a cutie. Kinda looks like one of mine.
>>
>>2191489
>>2191555
Lurk the board a little. Indoor vs outdoor is a hot topic around here. Indoor supporters don't like the idea of mousers because they can't differentiate between common pests and rare at-risk wildlife, and hurt populations of small endangered species. Also many people with barn cats don't neuter or spay and spawn feral colonies, which are pests themselves. You'd probably get a better response if you were asking how to train a rat terrier.

That having been said, at least keep the cat on your property if you end up end up keeping him as an outdoor cat. Some may suggest you convert your barn into an enclosed "catio" setup because cats can scale or slip through more simple fences. Have him neutered (you may want to hold off on the surgery until a little later than usual to make him a bit more ballsy for mousing, but you WILL want him fixed so that he doesn't knock up other cats if he gets out and so he won't make your property stink of catpiss), vaccinated asap and flea treated before he can be let to roam your barn. Talk to your vet about the risk of disease he'll have from killing pests- I'm pretty sure you as a person will run a risk of catching something from having him around killing rodents but you can research that.

In my experience with my first cat before I got the hang of cat ownership a little better, I couldn't keep him indoors once he wanted to get out even though I never wanted an outdoor cat. I made the mistake of taking him out around my yard in a harness as a kitten when I wasn't ready to properly harness train and that gave him a taste for the outdoors. That familiarized him with my property and after that when he was ready he just started stalking my door and rushing out whenever someone came into the house, and my family never bothered to catch him and bring him in. He used to kill animals in the area as big as rabbits- I think maybe even a hare once. I think he started when he was about a year old, maybe half a year earliest.
>>
>>2191555
Why did you get a kitten if you wanted a mouser? There are plenty of experienced older cats that people want to get rid of.
>>
My cat is ancient (recently turned 17) and I have a question.

Is it natural for elderly animals to lose their fur and go bald in places like humans do? Cat's been getting a few bald patches on her tummy.
>>
>>2191558
I dunno about dogs, but I don't have a problem with my cat because she's healthy and actually cleans herself. She's probably tracking some microscopic germs, but its not noticeable and I've never known a catowner to get noticeably sick from having a healthy cat. My housemates and I sometimes wear shoes indoors anyway so we're not overly concerned.

But my roommate's cat on the other hand is too obese to reach his own butt and it's filthy. I've begun to wipe him with baby wipes.

Actually, I'm thinking about talking to my roommate and telling him to start doing it. But I don't know how to bring it up because I'm worried about coming off as rude telling him how to care for his own animal and I dunno if he'd take my concern seriously. None of my other roommates seem to care.
>>
>>2191681

Just point it out to him and proceed to lay on the shame.
>Hey, your cat has a shitty ass. What the fuck man? Here's some baby wipes.
>>
>>2191560
A lot of the people that say they've tamed feral cats don't actually have a clear grasp of the term. It gets thrown around as badly as the words "autistic" or "pedophile."
>>
>>2191705
>or "pedophile."

Is there something you want to tell us, anon?
>>
File: husmus.jpg (560KB, 1195x2125px) Image search: [Google]
husmus.jpg
560KB, 1195x2125px
>>2191669
Thanks. One of the conditions that my neighbor gave me for giving the kitten was make sure it was fixed when it turns six months. There aren't any endangered wild life is this area (well, only one species, an edible frog) but there a few million small critters that are getting a bit close on. See mice daily.

>woke up from the sound of a mouse walking across my monitor

>>2191670
Neighbor knew I wanted to get a cat, his got a litter so he asked me if I wanted to take one.
>>
>>2191563
Look up if there's a taxidermist in your area.

I think technically you're not supposed to bury them in your yard but there isn't much enforcement on those law.
>>
is a nylon antler a safe toy for my dog
>>
>>2191573
They'll probably eat eventually when they get hungry enough and I doubt they'll suffer malnutrition before their people come home. They've figured out you give them attention when they're eating and are probably consciously milking it.
>>
>>2191708
It's just annoying to hear an 18-early twenty something called "pedophile" for expressing sexual attraction for a teenager, or for an older person just attracted to a younger adult or pubescent person with a big age gap from them. "Child predator" "statutory rapist" or hebephile is more accurate for an adult that sexually harasses or has attraction teens, but pedophile is a more serious term meant to apply to people with sexual feelings for prepubescent children, like under the age of 12. It's just a pet peeve: I understand its just degraded into a derogatory term for creeps but I associate it with the genuine philia.
>>
Are cats fun to play with? I have never petted one before. I know they don't fetch or play tug-of-war or anything like dogs. Letting them chase a feather seems pretty boring.
>>
>>2191823
Yeah. It's really fun to watch them get so into it. It's also really fun to watch them flip and jump through the air... house cats are really acrobatic.
>>
>>2191823
Not really. *Some* cats are cuddly but that's just abou it.
>>
>>2191823
I've met a guy whos cat plays fetch. Felt really weird that it came back and dropped the ball at ur feet.
>>
>>2191823
>they don't fetch or play tug-of-war
This is false.

There are cats that love both of those games. They just don't play the same way a dog would because they have to want to play at least as much as you do. If a cat brings you a toy and plays fetch, it's not because you want them to bring it and they obey as much as they bring it to you and you throw it for them. It makes fetch less fun to play when they get a little bored halfway through and don't bring the toy back all the way and you end up walking over to pick it up. Also I haven't successfully taught my cat fetch as much as she figured it out herself.

I have a lot of fun playing with my cat. I find that various forms of peekaboo and "lets see how long I can tease you with my bare hand before I panic and get scratched like an idiot" are the most exciting.
>>
>>2185594
I don't have an opinion on this either way, nor am I educated much on the subject, but do most of the perforation issues you come across due to the dog eating avian bones?
>>
My ferrets chew on the fake fur of all their toys and any scratch tree-ish things I buy. Will they die from this or do soft things like fake fur just come out undigested? They really love chewing on fake fur so I don't really want to take this joy away from them
>>
I was going to start a thread but I'll try here first.

I've had my cat for about a year now (4yo, male) and he has always had a habbit of licking things. Bare skin, clothing, wooden floor, etc. Over the past few weeks this habbit has seemed to turn into a compulsion. He is licking so much fluff off the blankets and carpets that he is throwing up hair balls daily. Trying to push him away now results in aggression. He had never even hissed at me before last week. I have many scratches from trying to physically stop him. Spraying him with water just makes him hide under or behind something at lick whatever is around there. Should I just let him do it? Is it possible there is a neurological problem causing this weird behaviour?
>>
>>2192089
I had a friend whose cat had that behavior. I don't know if it was connected, but I think that cat may have been born premature and/or been the runt of the litter, was always unusually small and delicate, and ultimately died young despite good care, possibly of a heart problem. I'm afraid I don't know what my friend did to discourage it, but definitely started discouraging the behavior from a young age as soon as she got the cat as a small kitten, and it wasn't as bad as the cat grew older.

But basically, yeah, this is something some cats do.

Don't spray your cat with water, though. It almost never affects the problem and just encourages aggression.

Does he act just as aggressive and scratch when he tries to lick you and your skin when you try to push him away, or do you mean when you try to stop him from licking objects?

Maybe bitter apple spray or another form of natural repellent that cats don't like the taste of on objects you really don't want licked will help?
>>
>>2192098
>Does he act just as aggressive and scratch when he tries to lick you and your skin when you try to push him away, or do you mean when you try to stop him from licking objects?

Both. The first time he bit me he was liking my hand, I pulled away to pet him like I usually do and he bit and then hissed. Since then trying to move him away from his licking results in growls.

He is still a sweet boy most of the time. It usually starts with him grooming himself then moving down to lick the floor/walls. That's when the aggressive behaviour starts. If I let him lick until he is satisfied he goes back to his normal self
>>
I have a 5 week old puppy that doesnt have a mother. Ive been feeding her puppy chow mixed with puppy milk replacer. She is 4lbs and the ratio ive been giving is 2 1/2 table spoons of milk and 1/8 cup of kibble 4x a day.

The milk says 2 tablespoons for every 4 ounces the puppy weighs.

Am I doing okay so far?? Is it too much or too little?
>>
>>2185610
Cats are territoriality. I would consider that before getting another one.
Are you getting another cat because you want one or because you truly think your cat is feeling down?

>>2191672
Probably

>>2191622
No, smoking is bad for you. Maybe try eating?
>>
Are domestic cats solitary animals or not? I thought they were but then why do feral ones live in groups?
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 1108x1478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 1108x1478px
How common are Silver Orb Weavers in California?
>>
>>2192141
This is a question for a vet or at least an experienced dog breeder. Have you taken the puppy for a vet examination yet?
>>
My friends dog probably ate some rat poison. He's poor as shit, so vet isn't an option. I'm probably going to drive his bitch ass to the humane society tommorrow so he can beg for free treatment or whatever his plan is, but I've got my doubts. What are it's odds of living without treatment?
>>
>>2192227
Forgot to add: it's been vomiting and pissing blood, so I'm thinking the poison was a LAAC
>>
>>2192227
Slim it will make it through the night
>>
>>2192241
That's a shame, he's pretty attached to it I think. Saves me a drive, though, at least.

Thanks anon.
>>
When is Orijen going to come out with a wet food formula, especially for cats?
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 704x960px
Anyone know or have an idea what bread my dog might be? She howls/ bays like a hunting dog. Found her as a pup in the woods deathly ill. Live in Mississippi where lots of stray hunting dogs roam.
>>
>>2192194
Yeah, I immediately took her to the vet, he was the one who suggested that I should give milk moistened food and cut the hard food amount to a smaller portion (which I did). I just feel like the ratio is slightly off. She is getting her shots next week and was flea infested and anemic when we got her on Sunday. She is on flea medication now. Did a total 180 and is happy and healthy and an ornery lil shit
>>
>>2192410
Weiner beagle?
>>
Ill most likely be getting 4 white java finch babies within the next week, any name suggestions? I'd like all the names to have a common theme and thats about it c:
>>
My tomatoes keep popping off the vine when they are still green.
Why? how do i stop it?
>>
>>2192410
Probably some mix of beagle, terrier, and/or dachshund.
>>
>>2188511
Another anon gave a good explanation, but I also want to point out that your pup might have stomach upset from trying other foods just because she's not used to them.

When you switch her to a new food you need to do it gradually, mixing in small amounts of it with her normal food, then slowly increasing the proportion of new food:old food over the course of a week or so. It's not unusual to see dogs having upset tummies when switching diets. And especially if your dog is used to lower quality food, a higher quality food with more protein is a big change, so it is a bit of a shock to their system.

That said, if you want to try a higher quality food, you should do it slowly and give it a month or so of feeding before you decide whether or not it's working for your dog
>>
>>2192442
>>2192460
Thanks amigos, I always thought beagle but never thought about Weiner dog, but now that you say it, I do see it.
>>
My family owns several dogs.

>dog A likes to play
>dog B likes to play
>dog C doesn't seem to like playing(?)

But when I play with dog A or B, dog C starts barking at A/B and sometimes tries to bite at or pull the others' tails away. But he never joins in! Is he jealous or upset?

What's going on with dog C?
>>
I've looked everywhere - under couches, in closets that were shut, in boxes, and I can't find my cat. She's an indoor cat and she's never been outside before but I'm worried my family let her out somehow. How long is reasonable to wait before I really panic? If she got out she's pretty much guaranteed coyote food.
>>
>>2185437
Buddy it's still a 50-foot, 7-ton death monster with a face that could scrap cars for a living.
If you think it doesn't "look badass" just because it can't get sunburn, then that's on you
>>
>>2192594
Just watch her food bowl. If no food goes missing for 10 hours or more, your cat's either gone or rotting inside your walls.
>>
What jobs are available to unqualified animal lovers? I am becoming disillusioned with life and want something new, even if it was just for a year or two.

I am not restricted to my own country. Is it feasible to move to Africa and work in some sort of animal based job?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
tips on getting my dog to stay with me/come back to me off leash?

she does well out in the country or near other dogs that stay.

but I live in the burbs in the city and go innawoods a lot

she's a 10 month old Brit spaniel/aussie/collie mix

pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (617KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
617KB, 1080x1920px
I'm in the middle of a tough call here /an/. A friend of mine who's a girl recently adopted her neighbors semi stray cat, who recently developed this on her back. She's not that well off, and doesn't have the money to really go to a vet.

Basically, can anyone identify what this infection or ailment is, and if so, can she treat it at home?
>>
>>2192631
All of those breeds are good off leash when trained so you're lucky. Work on recall with a long lead (you can buy 20 to 50 ft leads) and lots of high value treats.
>>
>>2192634
do a gofundme
>>
>>2192657
That could work, I'm not sure if she has the initiative for that though. Thank you
>>
What made this noise at 3am in rural New Hampshire? There were two of them, one responding to the other, for an hour and a half, every 30ish seconds

https://a.pomf.cat/pmcdms.mp4
>>
>>2192637
thanks. she's a good girl, never bit anyone but is protective of me. Loves chasing rodents and birds and she's super smart. Just loves to run away from me when she gets out lol.

With past dogs when they run I would just saw "go on then fucker u know where I live" worked twice, but one husky got hit by a car broken hip:( he recovered fully. Fucker used to run miles w me.

RIP IN PEACE SIXXER THE DOG
>>
>>2192690
I told you that was a owl already
>>
>>2192696
Man that was like a month ago and I have yet to find a sound clip of an owl making that noise
>>
>>2191624
You can't combust carbon dipshit
>>
When does a dog's personality begin to settle? I've got a 12 month old pupper and he can be an annoying little shit sometimes. He's still in the 'I can disobey if I want' phase it seems. Testing boundaries and what not.
>>
File: dawg.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
dawg.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
What dog breed is this?
>>
File: dawg 2.png (1MB, 810x762px) Image search: [Google]
dawg 2.png
1MB, 810x762px
>>2192936
fucking hell, why did it auto flip
>>
>>2192248
Update? Did it die?

>>2192846
2-3 years sometimes
>>
>>2192942
Pls respond
>>
For those of you that crate your doggo during the day, do you leave anything with them to keep them busy?

>>2192936
>>2192942
>>2193182
'something'-doodle. Where'd it come from? Probably not a labradoodle but could be some toher doodle mutt.
>>
>>2185176
My cat died yesterday, and I buried him today.
How do I make the pain stop?
>>
>>2191544

Same anon. Would it be hard to tame the bird later in life? I was hoping to take her with me once I move out in a few years, assuming she hasn't died by then.
>>
>>2193393
>For those of you that crate your doggo during the day, do you leave anything with them to keep them busy?
kong, ice cubes, antler

depends on how long he's being crated though.
>>
File: 1470337793877.jpg (22KB, 719x537px) Image search: [Google]
1470337793877.jpg
22KB, 719x537px
>get bored
>read ingredients on roommate's cat's food
>"Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diet Overweight Management"
>Corn gluten meal, wheat gluten, soybean meal, poultry by-product meal, oat fiber...
>shit, that is some crap food.he must buy it because it's dirt cheap or something, he's a frugal guy with some stuff
>look up petsmart and petco websites to get a gist for the price
>not there
>only places I can find selling it are online for $30 for a 6lb bag, $60 for a 16lb bag
>mfw
>twice as much as I pay for my cat's food, 6 times as much for cheap food with the same ingredients
>only other cat food in his pantry are two cans of Fancy Feast

So, I'm pretty sure my roommate is getting scammed hard. Should I tell him?
>>
Beagles in urban areas. Yay or nay?
>>
>>2193580
Do you share a wall?

If yes, I wouldn't get a beagle. If no, go for it. Also, your beagle will never be able to go off leash, and you'll need to pray to Jesus you don't let go now that leash when he sees a squirrel on the other side of the intersection.
>>
>>2193573
Your roommate probably doesn't care
>>
Are Parakeets supposed to be noisy? How can you quiet them down?
>>
>>2193585
I'd think he does. He's definitely expressed a desire for his fatass cat to lose weight. He greets the cat with words like "hey buddy. you look good. losing weight yet? i hope so." He brushes the cat now and then because its got a shabby coat (probably from the food).

And he's always come off as a logical and sometimes cheapskate guy. We go out to eat and he suggests little ceasar's because "guys $5 pizza. what a deal!"

Like, I can't imagine any reason anybody would go out of their way to pay 6 times as much as they could be paying on shit food that actually makes their cat less healthy.
>>
>>2186584
might just be curiosity. Birds around my house tend to tap a lot when my bird feeder is empty. Most of them just tap the feeder loudly if its been awhile since filling it, though some tap on the windows before flying to the feeder.
>>
>>2193633
Sounds like he's knows the cat needs to lose weight, but doesn't know anything about food so he bought the food labeled for weightloss. Poor guys getting scammed.
>>
>>2193633
sounds like he puts crap both in his and his cats body.

definitely let him know, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
>>
>>2193675
I suspected his vet sold it to him because the company paid them off to. But does that really happen?

If that's the case, I don't want to come off all "I know better than a trained vet"
>>
>>2192248
>>2193033
Turns out it was probably just a uti, though it got a k1 shot just in case. Looks like it'll be fine. Dunno how he got treatment though, I didn't find out until today
>>
>>2193678
Just take a pic of the cheap shit with the same ingredients and a pic of his food, let him come to his own conclusion. A link to a weight and nutrition resource wouldn't hurt either. Outright saying his vet is wrong will just get you blown off.
>>
>>2193678
If it is a prescription food, then that is why it is so expensive.
>>
Does anyone have the image of a Hornet trap with one hornet alive and clinging to the side, looking at the camera angrily
>>
Are huskies good doggos /an/? Are they loyal? Inside pets?
>>
>>2193697
I don't own one, but from my understanding, they re-define "high energy" and are all reincarnations of Hudini
>>
>>2193697
i remember when i was little, my friends husky would wait for him at the bus stop after school
>>
>>2193707
>>2193701
But can they work for inside pets?
>>
Sometimes my cat will pant, but only after a good rigorous play session. My previous cats have never done this, should I be worried?

Also it's hot here. We have a/c but she likes to lay on the linoleum or wooden tables, is there a thing for pets that is cool for them to lay on? Would like to make her comfy.
>>
>>2193711
If you live in a gymnasium.
>>
>>2193715
Okay, thanks. I'll look at some other breeds.
>>
>>2193711
Define inside pet.

You can't keep one outdoors because they howl like mad and will eat all he drywall on your house and destroy your yard. So they more or less have to be inside pets. But on the same note, be ready to exercise that dog into the ground (which isn't easy).

You have to be an incredibly active person for a husky to be the right dog for you. How many miles do you run a day? If the answer is like less than 5, don't get a husky.
>>
>>2187562

catahoula/lab guy here with another question;

in regards to the rabbit hunting training, i dont have access to a live rabbit for him to go chase around so i was thinking of buying some rabbit scent spray instead. and my plan was to spray a toy with it and get him to fetch that in the yard or something and get him used to the smell, and then go spray a couple things along our walk route and maybe tuck a couple treats somewhere along the way.

could this work too?
>>
why does my dog hate me
>>
>>2191766
>hebefile
That made me kek like the first time I heard "herpetologist."

Sage for off topic giggles.
>>
>>2192634
>who's a girl
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>2193678
>But does that really happen?
Yes. Well, most likely. At the animal hospital I worked at we only kept Science Diet on hand and that's all that would be suggested to owners.

Perhaps casually mention you were comparing his cat food ingredients to yours and noticed his weren't all that great. Maybe do some research beforehand on a better alternative so you can suggest it to him. If he likes Little Ceasars because it's only $5, I'm sure he'll appreciate you saving him $10+ on cat food.
>>
>>2193713
No, you shouldn't be worried
Yes, they do that
>>
How is Cat?
>>
Can you keep pigeons inside in NYC? As in, your apartment. Would that be okay for the birds? I've been trying to research pigeons as pets. I love pigeons, they're adorable.
>>
>>2193458
You dont. It never stops. Just agonizngly fades away until you remember them months after, it hits you like a brick and you just cry your eyes out.
>>
Just snipped my dogs quick by accident, she didn't yelp and isn't bleeding anymore. How do I prevent that from happening again?
>>
File: 1407857375227.jpg (97KB, 915x960px) Image search: [Google]
1407857375227.jpg
97KB, 915x960px
How in the Devil's unholy name do you get a Basset Hound to behave?

My boyfriend's parents got a 2-year-old Basset and it's a little piece of shit. It cries, it bites (playfully?), it nags. It just plain doesn't listen. His father treats the dog like his little baby, and the rest of his family thinks his whining and begging is cute.

I know it's not my dog, but I often spend my time there and the dog just pisses my boyfriend and me off. I'm generally an animal lover but this bastard needs to stop acting like this.

What can they do to correct his behavior?
>>
>>2194153
Bassett hounds are infamous for being untrainable, stubborn shits. They are unholy levels of food motivated though.
>>
>>2194153
That's tough.
Unless his owners want it, you don't have much hope it taming it and even if they were on board, what >>2194168 said.
I've had a few basset hounds in my past. I accept that they will never shut up.
>>
>>2194168
>>2194172
I was afraid of this.

The owner acknowledges he's "not that good of a listener", but he's not willing to be strict to him. The others think he's kind of obnoxious as well, but they still think he's a little "cutey".

I've been reading a bit on it on Basset.net (pretty much full of Basset apologists), and you indeed have to bribe them to behave. But would mean he would get rewarded for not being that much of a little dirtbag.

Would puppy training help? Or is the only hope that the dog would die of a heart attack due to excessively being treated to snacks?
>>
>>2194182
Oh no! Your boyfriend's dad sounds like me. My dog is very intelligent but I lack authority and treat him like a son. What I did was find a trainer to correct my habits and in turn correct my dog's. He still doesn't respect me as much as he does my boyfriend but it's a work in progress.

What the ideal solution would be is for your boyfriend's parents to hire a trainer that knows what they're doing and fix both the humans' and the dog's behavior. Since you are just the girlfriend* and not the wife or their daughter they may not take it kindly or even listen.

*I don't mean this in a rude way. I'm "just the girlfriend" too but my boyfriend's parents treat me like a daughter. Not sure what your relationship is with his parents.
>>
File: woof bark doggo.jpg (24KB, 533x949px) Image search: [Google]
woof bark doggo.jpg
24KB, 533x949px
I'm dog-sitting my parents' senior dog, and she just seems bored out of her fucking mind all day. I'll take her for a walk, but between being ancient, having stumpy legs, and the fact that it's hot as fuck out, she can't make it to the end of the block before having to turn around. She whines a LOT, like she wants to play or do something, but she won't play with toys, and I feel really bad because she doesn't have anything to do. Is there something I can do to keep her more occupied?
>>
Is it best to let a puppy sleep with me for the first few weeks home or should I start training him to sleep on his own as soon as possible? He's going to get big and my wife and I only have a twin bed.
>>
>>2194337
...you and your wife should have gotten a bigger bed before getting a puppy. or getting married. how the heck did you manage to get a lady to marry you with only a twin?
>>
>>2194338

We like to cuddle together. It helps that we're both thin.
>>
>>2194139
Dont snip her quick? Its not rocket surgery.

If she has black nails trim only the tips off weekly and give her long walks.
>>
>>2194341
Nah fuck that, im 5' and 100 lbs and my guy is 6' and 155lbs and we can barely sleep on a queen. Sleeping in a twin would be unbearable
>>
>>2194381
Right? I used to sleep on a twin with my partner (almost 300 lbs, I weigh less than half that) and it was okay but... queens are so much better. Especially when it's hot out.
>>
>>2185610
Used to work and volunteer at the SPCA so may be a bit biased but I would say it wouldn't be bad to try. If you can find a way to do a safe meet n greet between the two that would be best.

Age is also a factor tho, as well as temperament. If your cats enjoyed eachothers company before then s/he may need a friend. A cat near the same age, well mannered but social (as much as the 'typical' cat lol) would be a good start.

Just keep in mind that if it doesn't work out, they are your responsibility so try and have a plan. Hope this helps :3
>>
>>2186018
You can also try to get him a friend to play with just be careful :)
>>
>>2186137
If you mean another way to tag him then you can get him microchipped but only someone with a scanner (like the vet or the pound) would be able to pull your info so to most people they would look unclaimed
>>
>>2186137
>>2194420
>>2186238
a e s t h e t i c s
>>
File: 1362095707690.jpg (176KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
1362095707690.jpg
176KB, 600x756px
I'd like to know if kitty can have a little salmon sometimes.

I give him about a can of tuna per week. I figure a little wont hurt him. But I've never heard anyone say if salmon is ok

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>2186137
Bandanas always look stylin'
>>
>>2194600
from a can has wayyy too much salt for your kitty. you can buy tuna with no salt (trader joes has tuna for cats!) and a little is okay. salmon is also okay (raw and cooked).
>>
File: 1324265627211.jpg (101KB, 460x408px) Image search: [Google]
1324265627211.jpg
101KB, 460x408px
>>2194606

I see, thank you. He gobbles it up; I use albacore in water.

The only salmon I have is canned. I didnt plan to give him much, just about a quarter of a can.

I will hold back on tuna till I can find that tuna or have a better idea of what the salt nature is of the stuff I usually use. By taste, its not salty; I have to add salt myself. But I also know my human taste threshold has nothing to do with whats best for kitty. So I will refrain from more tuna until otherwise noted.

Many thanks for your insight, I appreciate it.
>>
>>2194606
>>2194629
Or you could just feed your cat actual tuna?? Canned tuna is nutritionally incomplete...
>>
How come bugs such as gnats, moths, spiders, flies, ants etc come so close to humans/are unafraid of a human's presence?

Is it just because they are retarded and derive some sort of benefit from this despite it commonly ending in their deaths?
>>
>>2194688

Maybe its a matter of scale. To a bug, you dont look the way a lion or bear looks to us. Instead, you look like Saturn. You're just too big to see as something besides a celestial body. If Saturn crashes to Earth, so be it. Its out of your control and impossible to avoid. But the much smaller bear would scare the shit out of you, its 15 times your size.
>>
>>2194660
tuna isn't nutritionally complete either. it can also give thiamine deficiency if given raw.

>>2194629
yep, humans can take in a lot more salt. cats don't like to drink water so the salt really adds up. cats are supposed to get about 20mg salt a day: your average can of tuna contains ~300mg!!

>>2194688
>>2194722
they respond only to movement I think.
>>
Dog has rashes and secreting mucus like substance around the neck area.

Caused by fleas? Saw a couple of them drop dead when I bathe my dog.
>>
So I've seen people saying that letting your cat outside is a bad idea. But what if it's a cat that was stray and you've taken it in, and already goes outside to the bathroom or for a couple of hours or hangs out around the outside of the house.

Surely at this point it would be bad for the cat by no longer letting him out ever again.
>>
>>2194332
Ohhh she looks so sweet!

Since it's hot, why don't you try walking her in the evening when it gets cooler? Or can she just not exert a lot of energy in general?

Does she like to chew? If so you can grab her a bully stick. I guess it's like a raw hide but more natural and completely digestible. My dog doesn't play with toys but everytime I give him a bully stick he stays occupied for hours.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So I have a 16 week old puppy, a plott/laika mixbreed. I keep hearing that she's supposed to exercise for 5min per month of age, so 20min a day. Is this really right? Unless she gets about an hour a day or more she goes absolutely haywire, do I go with my gut on this or am I giving her arthritis?
>>
>>2194741
Get topical shit from a vet
>>
>>2195716
let puppies be puppies. let her play, you are not giving her arthritis at all.
arthritis is caused by poorly conformed joints and possibly contributed by high intensity exercise. the loads on puppies joints during play is nothing to worry.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2195727
Okay, thanks

Pupper says hi
>>
>>2195731
woah, she looks like shes going to grow into a really big dog
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2195734
Yeah I've been told 30 something kg, good for hunting boar and whatnot
>>
>>2195719
do you think it's because of the fleas though or something else?
>>
>>2195734
4 u
>>
If I don't want my Doberman puppy to have cropped ears or a docked tail, can I just tell the breeder? It seems like most already do that before you purchase them.
>>
>>2196038
Yeah, ask the breeder to not do it if they do
>>
How do animals know what foods will quell their vitamin related needs? I have heard of animals licking salt blocks, carnivores eating grass, herbivores eating meat or knawing on bones, animals eating their own feces, etc but how do they naturally know how to do that? Is it instinct?
>>
>>2196075
Do you ever get food cravings? It's usually because your body wants or needs something in that food or drink, such as craving corn grits when you're iron deficient. It's probably the same with other animals
>>
File: asshole.png (400KB, 594x602px) Image search: [Google]
asshole.png
400KB, 594x602px
My ~2.5 month old cat tries to suckle my clothes. Does this fuck up cats' teeth/jaws like it does human kids who suckle/suck on pacifiers for too long? If so, how do I get her to stop without making her dislike me or start sucking on different fabrics, like blankets?

I don't think it's because she's scared. She's the most fearless kitten I've ever encountered and I would be shocked to learn she does this out of anxiety. Furthermore, I know it's bad, but dry food is available all day and night (it's for my underweight, geriatric cat) if she wants it, so I doubt it's because she's hungry.

She very suddenly left her mother at 7 weeks, if this helps any. Thanks.
>>
I've been taking care of a mother cat and three kittens for a few weeks now after they were left behind when my white trash neighbor moved. I had no other pets so taking them in was easy.

However today the mother cat got out around 3pm and hasn't been back, its been about 6 hours and I'm getting worried. The kittens are about 8 weeks old but are not weaned and still nurse occasionally.

When should she be back? Is there anything else I would have do to care for the babies if their mother is gone for good? For reference she didn't seem to be in heat. Yes I was planning on getting her spayed once this litter was done.
>>
What do I do about a neighbor's dog that is an asshole? From what I can tell it's still pretty young, possibly still a puppy but nearing full size german shephard. We don't have fencing and this dog likes to come running at my family and me when we are out in our back yard tending the garden or taking our own pet outside. Every time it sees one of us it immediately drops whatever it is doing and charges at us barking aggressively, acting threatening, but it doesn't fully go after us if you know what I mean. I don't think it's mean or vicious or anything, it lives with children, but it's very untrained and it completely ignores them yelling at it whenever it comes at us. Any advice on what to do? I don't want to hurt it or call animal control or anything, but I also want my family to feel safe in our own back yard.
>>
>>2197367
Put up a fence. I like fences for privacy if anything but it has the added bonus of helping keep things in and out more
>>
What am I supposed to do if my cat is missing? Running around shouting the name seems pointless, if he was able to just run to me he would.
>>
File: timurock_collar001_gr1.jpg (65KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
timurock_collar001_gr1.jpg
65KB, 590x443px
What is the highlighted part called on the collar? I've some how managed to lose it.
Is there somewhere I can buy the part?
>>
>>2197535
How long has it been gone? Put something outside that smells like you like a used bedsheet or shirt so it can smell it's way home. If it still isn't home in a day or two put up fliers and ask your neighbors if they have seen it
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.