[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wat do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1470584925526-1055544674.jpg (3MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
1470584925526-1055544674.jpg
3MB, 3006x5344px
So my gf just got a puppy, and he's awesome. Last night my sister pulled a bug off him and declared he had fleas (not so sharp, my sister) and I said it was bs cause fleas are tiny as hell. Just now I was caring for him and pulled out a bug that at my best guess looked like a termite which over the course of 20 years and 4 pets (best friends) I have never seen. Any ideas/suggestions? We'll take him in if need be but we tend to be hypochondriacs so I like to ask.
>>
>>2184972
Can you get a picture of said bug?
>>
>>2184976
It surprised me so I squished it asap... Wish I hadn't now. Like I said it looked like a termite, with the long white body and brown head/torso.

My brother just said he saw the other one and the white part had no legs.

I did a quick look over of him when I found the second one, but I'll give him a good look over right now and see if I can find another one
>>
He's pretty playful right now so it's difficult, but I did find one which was much smaller. It looked like it was hanging out out by a yellow colored scab or dandruff (which he's had a lot of). Was too small to grab, and now I'm getting quite worried.
>>
That pup looks way too young to be away from mom. How old is he?
>>
>>2184989
Exactly 8 weeks yesterday. She's had him for a few days, and I was mad when I found out how young he was.

I guess the lady she got him from had some kids try to steal them all once a day for like 3 days in a row or something and told her if she wanted him she better get him quick. F this gay earth. I already love the guy and if anything happens or goes wrong I'll never forgive myself.
>>
File: bloated-tick.jpg (453KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
bloated-tick.jpg
453KB, 1280x853px
Did it look like this?
>>
>>2184987
>multiple scabs
Vet. Now.
>>
>>2184972
Youre going to have to post a picture of said gf. For research purposes
>>
>>2185003
No... It looked more like this, with hardly any pincers and no legs on the backside.

I really don't want to worry her, but maybe we should just get him checked.

>>2185013
Is this a meme? I love the little guy and I'm totally down for taking him in. I just have a penchant for making something where there isn't.
>>
>>2185018
Incoming pics TBD based on how well you help my new friend
>>
Your description kinda sounds like a louse OP. I've heard dogs can get lice, maybe that's your answer but it's just a guess.
>>
>>2184987
Does he smell bad? Could it be a maggot?
>>
File: springtail.jpg (67KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
springtail.jpg
67KB, 450x300px
>>2185022
The only thing I can think of is spring tails. They're similar to fleas in that they like living on dogs, are very small and jump. They look a little like termites. Could also be a louse as
>>2185032 said.
>>
>>2185032
Aren't lice super small? What I found was more the size of an ant.

And I looked up louse. I don't think that was it (back side on louse is far wider than what I saw and they look way scarier) but thanks for the nightmare fuel lol
>>
>>2185035
Nothing besides the usual puppy breath

>>2185036
The backside was totally white with no legs, and the front was lighter than that sort've a reddish brown. I really wish I kept it now, but it was hard to grab (kept crawling through his fur).

I really appreciate your help guys. Unless anyone has any ideas I'll probably just take him in asap.
>>
>>2185042
Just take him in, it's hard to tell what bug it is without a picture.
>>
>>2185025
Honesty it just might be best to take it to a vet and get it checked out. Better safe than sorry. If it's a tick or fleas or something they'll treat it. If it's not and he was just rolling around outside and something got on him then at least you'll have peace of mind.
If I started finding bugs on my puppy I'd probably get him checked out

Now show us her
>>
>>2185042
He doesn't need to go to the vet for bugs. Just use the normal flea and tick medicine on him and give him a bath.
>>
>>2185022
You just got a puppy, a trip to the vet should be one of your first things to do anyway. Ask the vet about the bugs.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.