[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rabies Confinement Agreement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: GD_poodle_090611D.jpg (69KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
GD_poodle_090611D.jpg
69KB, 550x309px
So, I've been considering getting a puppy from Canada anf bringing it to the US, and I just found out about this bullshit.

http://www.cdc.gov/importation/laws-and-regulations/dog-confinement-agreements.html

The tl;dr is that anyone trying to bring a dog into the US that doesn't have rabies vaccination must be confined until 30 days after vaccination. Even if it's not rabid and you can prove the parents had vaccinations and the doghas no chance of carrying rabies. The agreement makes it so you can't take the dog out of the house unless it's on a short lead and a muzzle.

So this throws a wrench into my plans since I really wanted to train the dog as well as I could. I wouldn't be able to socialize the dog with other dogs as easily and get it outside as much. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have a feeling there wouldn't be any, or at least much, enforcement of this for a private individual confining a dog to a home, but I gotta be sure.
>>
>>2183790
Just drive it across the border. No one really cares enough to enforce those laws on the ground.
>>
>>2183800
I considered that, but it's still a big risk. I've never even been across the border so I don't even know how it all works.
>>
Why can you not just get a puppy in the states?
>>
>>2183875
I really like this breeder, they're the best I've found and they breed favorite color, which is rarer.

I hadn't even thought about how hard it was going to be to get the dog across the border. I called them the other day and they told me about this whole thing. I can't find a single thing on the internet about anyone's experience with this, so I turn to /an/ to see if anyone knows what I could expect if I went through with this.
>>
>>2183790
I'm sorry our plan to save human lives is inconveniencing you.
>>
>>2183891
Hey man, I'm not some spic bringing in rabies dogs to sell to retarded women in California. Bats with rabies can just fly across the Canadian border without having to apply for a confinement agreement.

It's ridiculous that a purebred dog with fucking papers and proof the parents were vaccinated and has been checked by a vet several times needs to be kept in a box for 5 months.
>>
>>2183869
are you sure you aren't coming from mexico to the us

listen, Chihuahuas can come here, but it has to be LEGALLY
>>
Why not just get the dog it's rabies vaccination?
>>
Having the rabies vaccine is the law in most US states anyways. Just get it done, I got it done for my kitten for $15 last month.
>>
>>2184351
It's not like I'm against the vaccine or anything, it's just that the dog can't legally or ethically even get the vaccine until it's 4 months old. I'm picking this dog up at 9.5 weeks. So I could leave the dog with the breeder, but I don't want to and neither does the breeder.

That's the issue here, the CDC says the dog must be confined or muzzled if you want to bring it into the country before it's able to get vaccinated.
>>
>>2184369
Reading the link, it sounds like things are on a case by case basis. Believe it or not, people who work for the government are human. There is a chance you will get lucky and the person on the case understands.

Call the CDC.
>>
>>2184374
Yeah OP try it.
While I never let the country with my dogs I can still house them despite one of them cant get the rabies vaccine anymore due to having life threatening reactions to it. The other two still get it but I had to get her excused by the vet.
>>
>>2184369
It can get it's shot as young as twelve weeks, just see if the breeder will hold it for those two extra weeks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.