[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Un-socialized cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: golf.jpg (710KB, 3920x2208px) Image search: [Google]
golf.jpg
710KB, 3920x2208px
Hey /an/, I have a dilemma.

I adopted a cat last year from a friend of a friend who was leaving the country back to her home country. The cat is 2+ years old, male, fixed, and completely unsocialized. I've been unsuccessfully trying to socialize him for a year to my other 6 cats (all adopted, all socialized). He was picked up off a highway as a kitten, and has had no littermates. His previous owner didn't know how to teach him to play and hold his strength, so he bites and is very twitchy. He's sweet and loves to sleep on the bed, and is otherwise perfect.

I've done the sock exchange, the feeding through the door, the positive reinforcement, all the cat guru book shit. He keeps attacking my other cats, ignoring their social cues, and biting me. He's just a literal cat autist. They purr and roll over and try to rub on him, and he just freaks and attacks. I've tried to get him rehomed, but the irresponsible bitch let him run loose and he found his way back to me with a lame paw. I have him in isolation now but I can't keep him for another 10 years like this.

What should I do? I'm trying to find him another home, but an adult male street cat with personality issues isn't exactly popular or easy to home. Animal shelters in my country are extremely overcrowded, and euthanasia is not done for religious reasons. If I can't find another home for him, my options are:

>home euthanasia (CO2 or Nitrogen)
>setting him on the street (with a lame paw)
>setting him at a temple which would feed him
>keep trying to socialize him

Is it even possible at this point?
>>
This is unrelated but what country are you in? Thailand? India? Am I completely off?
Oh wait. Is it Isreal?
>>
>>2183638
Thailand.
>>
What are you doing ot socialize him. if he's been on the streets for a long time, he isn't going to flip some switch and become a home cat. you have to intervene a little bit and show him that other cats coming up to him doesn't mean he'll get hurt.
>>
>>2183643
He had an owner, was picked up as a kitten. Does alright with people, but can't read cat body language at all.

>sock scent exchange
>feeding against closed doors
>playing on opposite sides of doors
>letting him see my other cats for increasing amounts of time, multiple times a day
>petting and positive reinforcement
>constantly getting into hunting mode waiting at the door to pounce my other cats
>introduce my youngest friendliest kitten (1 year old)
>He lets her walk around the room but attacks her when she tries to rub on him
>bites me often
>lets him watch other cats through a grate in a door
>they purr and play and lay down relaxed, show their bellies
>he hisses and growls and tries to kill them through the grate

I'm on my 5th or 6th course of antibiotics since I got him about 10 months ago. Puncture wounds on my hands. I just can't deal with him anymore. He's a total fucking autist. He can't recognize basic friendly cat body language.
>>
Put a bell on him. Do all the other cats know where to avoid.
>>
File: nigglets.jpg (562KB, 2208x3920px) Image search: [Google]
nigglets.jpg
562KB, 2208x3920px
>>2183653
He can't even occupy the same space as them. I keep him in a separate room with an ante-room in the middle as a buffer. He's constantly trying to get out of the room and at my other cats. I have to lock one door before I open another or he will literally fly out and attack them. I had a bell on him before but it didn't do fuck.

If it helps I got the books "Cat vs Cat" and "Think Like a Cat" by Pam Johnson Bennett. I followed the instructions but he's so fucking retarded.

Have a pic of some of my non-retarded cats.
>>
>>2183656
Those are adorable. The hands in the mirror just make it better.

That cats a lost cuase. Either find someone with no other pets who will take him or pick whatever method seems best to get rid of it.
>>
Never had a cat. Is there some sedative cat food? maybe even beer? Sleep herbal drugs? If he dies in sleep or becomes an addict it's still better than dying outright.
>Death penalty for heavy drugs
No, I mean Valeriana or Catnip.
>>
>>2183617

beat him like a broken tv. If he wont live in peace, he will live in fear.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.