[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask A Cat Breeder!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (20KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 400x320px
Tips and advice on breeds, training, kitten raising and showing.

*troll posts will be ignored*
>>
How fast do you make panties drop when you tell people you breed cats?
>>
>>2183003
It doesn't come up often. It's not the center of my life or what I do for a living
>>
>>2182999
>*troll posts will be ignored*
Can you cut off their ears with scissors and dry out the meat for jerky, and then their ears will grow back, and it'll be a constant supply of fresh meat?
>>
>>2182999
Beautiful breed. I love their ears.

How did you get started breeding? You said this isnt what you do for a living, so im a bit curious. Also, does breeding affect your normal job much? I'd imagine the weeks leading up to and after birth might take you away from your normal job for extended periods of time.
>>
looking for the most social and affectionate breeds that is ok with
>live in apartment, no garden
>only 1 cat permitted inn apartment
>I'm away usually 4-6 hours/day, every Monday 10-11 hours

do you have any suggestions?
>>
>>2183123
Who cares. Any cat will do
>>
>>2183125
i had a cat at my parents
all it did was sleep
i dont want a cat than only sleeps
any cat wont do
>>
>>2183127
That comes down to diet and entertainment. Any cat will do
>>
>>2183108
I got started by first introducing myself to several breeders at a local cat show. I explained that I wanted to show and possibly breed in the future; and that I was looking for a mentor to go to shows with. I also explained that I wanted to start by showing in the premier class (which is for fixed cats).
The fact that I went to a show, expressed interest in a mentor, and wanted to start with a fixed cat showed that I was serious about showing and that I wasn't just jumping into this. That got the breeders to take me seriously.
I found my mentor, bought an older fixed male kitten, and started going to shows.

As for my day job, I'm a homemaker. My schedule is pretty flexible.
>>
>>2183123
Any super affectionate cat is going to be unhappy as a single pet. Would you consider getting two cats? Maybe older cats?
>>
>>2183133
its not allowed in the building to have more than 1 cat unfortunately.
I know it is kind of contradicting wanting to have a social cat but only having 1, im trying to find the best middleground.

I read a lot about the burmese and it really seems awesome, but dont think it would be happy as singlepet

then i've read about the russian blue, but im afraid they are too aloof and independant
>>
>>2183140
I think a Russian Blue could be a good match. It was a breed I was going to suggest. They don't tend to take to changes in their life as easily as some other breeds though. So if you move frequently, have roommates in and out, or if you are gone overnight often; I would choose another breed.

One good place to look for adoptable purebred cats is-
http://www.breedlist.com
>>
>>2183131
>As for my day job, I'm a homemaker.

kek
>>
>>2182999
Kys.
There's 0 reason to breed a single fucking cat.
>>
>>2183140
Just buy two cats that look the same
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 268x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 268x245px
>>
>>2183728
What kind of cats are these? They've got the ugliest little faces.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 200x300px
>>2183737
Devon Rex.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.