[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I just created super bedbugs. There have been bedbugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: dumb_reddit_frog.jpg (33KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
dumb_reddit_frog.jpg
33KB, 480x454px
I think I just created super bedbugs.

There have been bedbugs in my house since 2011, when I first tried to fix the problem, I bought some spray to kill them and their eggs. It worked, I even direct sprayed them to see if it would kill them and it did. ℅100 of the time. A year later they grew back in size, so I tried the spray again. This time......it didn't even kill one, I direct sprayed just to see what happened. So I bought an even more expensive spray. Same story, they were gone got a year and then they come in full force and that spray doesn't work. So I tried to do the fuming thing from pest control, it worked just like the first 2....for a year then they would come back stronger and immune to what killed them last year. OK, I was freaking out, so I combined the first 3 and added even more sprays to the mix. The population decreased significantly, but after 2 years, they came back, immune to every spray I throw at them, o must've bought every brand. So I was reading and found out about really hot temps could kill them, and I should just use steam cleaner. So, I decided to buy an expensive steam cleaner to kill them and to put infected stuff that could fit in the dryer and set the dryer to 2 hours. I was confident this would work, it has been working all this time, no bedbugs can resist. Until.....

I've had a feeling the bed bugs were coming back last week and the dryer and steam cleaner is getting less effective.

To test this, earlier this afternoon,i put a pillow cover with a few bedbugs into the dryer, set for 2 hours. Now, I check my pillow case after I take it out. I poke the bedbugs.... they're FUCKING MOVING.
I think I created an unstoppable bedbug mutation in my house.
>>
File: 1467943668347.jpg (7KB, 151x151px) Image search: [Google]
1467943668347.jpg
7KB, 151x151px
>>2182618
Good luck
>>
File: Harambe.jpg (107KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
Harambe.jpg
107KB, 615x615px
Harambe?
>>
>>2182618
Google "diatomaceous earth"

Specifically on how it is used to kill pest insects around and inside the home.
>>
File: goth.png (72KB, 891x197px) Image search: [Google]
goth.png
72KB, 891x197px
>>2182618
time to move out, senpai.
>>
>>2182618
Dude, bedbugs are like roaches. You will never be rid of them with pesticides. That'll only end up making you sick in the long-run. You end them by ending their incentive for being there. By negating their food supply.

I realize that this will fall on deaf ears but you have to completely clean up. Mop and vacuum thoroughly and daily. Don't eat outside the kitchen. Don't bring food to bed. wash the sheets REGULARLY. Daily while dealing with the infestation. You may even need to replace the mattress and some things by now, but you have to clean, nigger. It's the #1 thing that people with recurring infestations seem to not do. It's like being a fatass but not stopping the eating and wondering why the weight gain.

You gotta clean up. If you think you already are, then, obviously you aren't.
>>
Get yourself a steam cleaner. A hand steamer is sufficient. Use that to go over your sheets after a wash and dry. Rent a carpet steamer to do your carpets.
>>
>>2182618
OP is getting firsthand experience in selective pressures and knockdown resistance.

Enjoy your 100+ new best friends, OP.

>>2183087
>implying bed bug infestations are influenced by cleanliness and availability of food items in the bedroom/house

They feed on the blood of their hosts. Crumbs in bed will not influence them (though it may result in a second pest species infesting the home as well), and tidying up the home won't make them go away or keep them from setting up shop if introduced to the house.
>>
>>2182618
you're gonna need new furniture m8, that's the thing about an infestation

living in your mattresses and shit
>>
Dude, I have no furniture, I sleep on a bed roll and I buy a new one every month. I replace my couches all the time, my bedbug infestation always dies down when I apply a new method but they certainly back stronger every time..
>>
File: Cybermen_Nightmare2.jpg (97KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Cybermen_Nightmare2.jpg
97KB, 800x450px
>>2182618
UPGRADE IN PROGRESS
>>
>>2182675
My dad uses this stuff in the house for fleas. Kills everything with an exoskeleton.
>>
File: 1468752741931.jpg (225KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1468752741931.jpg
225KB, 1250x1250px
Guys I need serious answer, these bitches are unstoppable. They just ....keep getting stronger. What the fuck do I do. I'm just thinking about just starting over. But how am I going to explain it to my brother? He's just gonna say "ha, sissy, bedbugs are just bugs, stop being a little faggot, clean your place up, get a girlfriend, and quit complaining". He doesn't know the struggle!
>>
>>2183224
Um, what do you do with your old furniture? I wonder how many infestations you're responsible for.
>>
>>2183289
I just rent a truck and throw them away, the furniture I used to have was expensive as fuck, my sister in law bought me when I just moved into my new home.
>>
>>2183287
see
>>2182675
>>
>>2182618
I once had a fly in my house for a month, it got so fat it had trouble flying and struggled going up and down instead of in a straight line.
Once I woke up to find it dead, apparently it feels in the sink and drowned
>>
>>2183287
ha, sissy, bedbugs are just bugs, stop being a little faggot, clean your place up, get a girlfriend, and quit complaining
>>
>>2182675
Can confirm. You have to dump gallons of the stuff into your carpet, but it works with enough.
>>
>>2183287
give your brother bedbugs.
>>
>>2183087
>By negating their food supply.

Bedbugs feed exclusively on blood. Negating their food supply means abandoning the house.

I actually recommend this solution.
>>
>>2183349
He will literally kill me, and he is my main source of income
>>2183336
I don't have that many bedbugs, I think it's overkill
>>2183412
I can't do that.
>>
Here's how I got rid of bedbugs:

Coat your house in diatomaceous earth. Like everywhere. Your house will look like a powdered doughnut for a few months.

Get rid of all your furniture. All of it. It sucks. Do it. Consider getting a new car if you can as well.

Normally I would say extreme heat all your clothes and shoes, but this seems to have lost efficiency, so you might need to go scorched earth here as well. All new wardrobe, all new shoes.

Make sure you wrap everything you throw away in plastic.

Make sure every new clothing and shoes are wrapped in plastic whenever possible.

So now you're sleeping on the floor with clothes in plastic. Now you can actually start to combat the bugs. You do this by crawling along your baseboards every night with a hairdryer on high heat. Hopefully you've reduced their hiding spaces to nothing but the space between the walls/floors/baseboard, and the high, dry heat will make them come out of hiding or kill them. Bedbugs also don't like to live more than 20-30 feet from their food source, so you should be able to limit this grueling shit to where you lounge and/or sleep.

Good luck - I still recommend abandoning everything and starting over. It's less stressful.
>>
>>2183415
It's not that; if there's not tons of the stuff, they're just not likely enough to come in contact with it. It's not poisonous.

It's made of extremely small molecules that slip between the chitinous plates insect bodies are made of. It perforates the waxy covering and they dehydrate and die.

It's like white dust. Calling it sand wouldn't be accurate. It's dust.
>>
>>2183439
They're microscopic fossils. The organisms were diatoms
>>
>>2183417
That seems like way too much for a few bedbugs, I think it's just better to call an exterminator every month now that I keep thinking about it.
>>
>>2183459
lay off the chemicals and go for diatomaceous earth. the best way to kill them is to kill them physically. they'd need a couple million years to adapt to that kind of pressure
>>
>>2183459
You are an animal.
>>
>create tub of very salty water
>float in it
>¿¿¿
>sleeping method where bedbugs cant bother you
they will starve eventually and then you're home free!
>>
>>2183475
This is bizarrely practical.

If you have two full bathrooms, it doesn't even require construction.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 350x233px
Enjoy your asceticism.
>>
Exterminators are not great when it comes to bedbugs. If they're coming back like that, it means you're not getting them all in the first place, you're just killing off a huge part of the population and forcing adaptation. The exterminator will likely become useless within 6 months. I recommend the bath if you are unwilling to do the earth. Otherwise, they're going to become a truly unstoppable infestation eventually.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.