[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/an/ do you ever feel guilty leaving your animals home alone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1470116298589.jpg (57KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1470116298589.jpg
57KB, 500x667px
/an/ do you ever feel guilty leaving your animals home alone? Do you feel like you don't do all you possibly can? We as humans should have a social life, but recently I've felt like garbage about leaving my cat at home and this image I stumbled upon didn't help.
For years i wanted a kitten, and two years ago I had to privilege of adopting one who just came to my doorstep.
I didn't work, but I had enough money to get him a decent bag of food, some wet food everyday for lunch, his shots, some kitty furniture and all he could ever need.
My parents would joke of spoil him but truly I am grateful for having the opportunity to care for another life.
He's two years old now, doesn't play so much, isn't interested in too many toys (only ones where I interact with him) and just seems a bit unhappy.
I go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7am to about 9:30pm and make it home about 10pm. Mind you my siblings and parents are here, he gets fed and gets attention, but not like the way I interact with him.
I just need a little reassurance in how you guys deal.
Thank you in advance /an/
>>
My cat just sleeps all day. Doesn't give a fuck.

It's dogs you need to worry about having to give constant attention.
>>
>>2181264
Anthropomorphizing poem. Not consistent with actual cat psychology.

Anyway, no, my geckos do not care. If anything i expect they prefer that i not be home making noise while they are trying to sleep.
>>
My cats don't seem to give many fucks unless I am gone for a very long period of time (more than 12 hours). I don't feel bad about it, and they probably just sleep and shit while I am gone.

I feel bad about leaving my dogs. I crate them up with a puzzle toy. Although they do great, I still feel vaguely bad.
>>
OP here,
I didn't expect very many replies but I thank those of you who did. I wish nothing but happiness to you and your pets
>>
>>2181264
Not really
>>
>>2181627
You are a bit of a freak
>>
>>2181647
Don't be mean
>>
>>2181264
I don't feel anything.
>>
I have two dogs and two cats. They're kept separate from each other, because the dogs would keep the cats.

But they're never alone because they always have each other, even when we're not there.

Even when the dogs go to the kennels, they share a run, so they're not by themselves in a strange place.
>>
>>2181264
Not really. I have reptiles, fish and rats. The rats are the only social animals, but they're in a huge cage for 3 rats and have each other to play with. They'd be scared if I tried to bring them out with me, and I make sure they always get two hours out of their cage every day minimum, but usually I let them out whenever I'm home and not cooking, sleeping, or showering.
>>
>>2181316
>Anthropomorphizing poem. Not consistent with actual cat psychology.
but afaik, cats see humans as just other cats, right?
Have they ever figured out the whole "placing carcasses on the doorstep" thing? they used to claim it was to "feed the incompetent human-cat", but male cats do that too and they don't feed kittens.
Is it maybe just a holdover from the beginning of domestication, where cats that obviously killed more mice got to stay around, or something?
>>
>>2181264
>that poem

Stop anthromorphizing animals
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.