[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my mice is a faggot. HELP.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Rgoldeneye1.jpg (22KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
Rgoldeneye1.jpg
22KB, 260x200px
Ok, so, on July 18th I got two mice, funky, and fresh. Funky was the sweetest thing ever. Fresh was shy, but not too bad.

I held fresh wrong when putting her into the cage, and ever since then, she has been a little bitch. She won't let me pick her up, have my hand in the cage, or, hell, even watch her.

This was fine. As long as I had funky, I was fine, right? Right!

However, Fresh's shyness started to rub off on Funky. Extremely. I've always treated funky with the utmost respect, and constantly gave her treats. But as she hung out with Fresh more, she stopped trusting me.

Today, I finally got mad. I did something I shouldn't have done- I grab Fresh, look her in the face, and rant. I probably scared the poor girl, but at this point, FUCK her.

I don't want her to rub off on Funky, my sweetie pie any longer. I honestly want the bitch (Fresh) to get wet tail and die. She always squeaks and screams whenever I get near the cage, and scares Funky away. Whenever I try to interact with Funky, Fresh bites Funky to ruin our taming section.

Should I return Fresh to the pet store while I still cn? I honestly don't think I should leave her with Funky, I don't want Fresh to rub off on Funky.

(God, I should've got a Syrian hamster instead. To ANYONE wanting a mouse, DO NOT GET ONE. I thought it would be nice, I was wrong. Get something slower, and more confident. Anything but a mouse!)

(Pic unrelated, except it kinda looks like Fresh, the bitch.)
>>
>>2181028
mice suck.

you shouldn't be keeping them if you're going to treat them that way.

anyways though definitely sounds like you should return the mouse you don't like. rats are the best rodents, tho.
>>
>>2181036
Hey. I tried my fucking HARDEST to give them the life they deserve. Fresh is just spoiled.

I will get rats, in the future, At the time I got mice, I was on a low budget. Now I have a pretty big 40b tank.

Could rats fit in there?
>>
>>2181042
Yes, cages are better because of airflow but you could house 2 rat's comfortably. Rat's like mice though need to be picked up for at least 30 minutes a day to get used to you. Rat's are much more intelligent and will learn your pretty cool and will snuggle and hang with you. Mice aren't that smart but if you hold and socialize them enough they should stop acting like shit heads, unless they're breeding of course.
>>
>>2181047
Also I'd get a low flow fan and have it blowing on the aquarium if your gonna house rodents in it. When you get rats you'll have to play with them more then normal because they won't get the best work out in there.
>>
File: 1462685844438.png (603KB, 700x718px) Image search: [Google]
1462685844438.png
603KB, 700x718px
>she stopped trusting me
>mice stopped trusting you
>mfw
>>
File: 20160801_192120.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160801_192120.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Speaking of mice. This is squeakly, the reason he looks so weird is he got into a bad fight with our other mouse David and has some neosporin on him. He's got 3 wounds, one of which thankfully stabbed over, the other 2 are still open but starting to dry finally. We put neosporin on his wounds, but he's been acting weird. He's being lazy and adverse to being held, when normally he climbs straight into our hands. Is he on his way out /an/ or do you think he'll make it?
>>
>>2181042
quit acting like they owe you anything. they're only animals and you can't expect them to be any different. you aren't going to modify her behavior by yelling at her and honestly you should not keep pets if you have expectations like that.

you can't keep rats in an aquarium, you need bars. I got a big ferret cage for $50 used.

>>2181068
you shouldn't house more than one male mouse together. if he's still eating and drinking okay he might make it.
>>
>>2181070
Yeah, I guess the stories of keeping males together must be rare, or they have a huge amount. We're getting rid of David since he was the one ripping off skin. Hopefully the little guy makes it, he's still eating and drinking but not much else.
>>
>>2181070
I'm aware I shouldn't yell at her, hence why I said "I did a bad thing". But I lose my cool often.
>>
>should have got a Syrian hamster instead
No, Syrians are much harder to take care of than mice. They can die a horrible death from just being over-stressed.
>>
>>2181028
itt op is the biggest faggot i've seen on an
>>
>>2181028
Funky mouse man, your threads always make me laugh.

Do NOT get a hamster, the exact same thing might happen, I've seen it before. Get a rat if you want a sweet and social pet.

You should definitely separate them. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that this is happening because the mice are stressing each other out. I say put Fresh somewhere quiet, avoid handling her for a while, and then re-start the taming process but without losing your temper this time. Mice don't really remember things, you might still be able to salvage this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.