[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your least favourite dog breed? Other than pitbulls, ofc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 20

File: 1452111514915.jpg (148KB, 991x683px) Image search: [Google]
1452111514915.jpg
148KB, 991x683px
What is your least favourite dog breed?
Other than pitbulls, ofc.
>>
Dobermans, Rottweilers, and Doberman pinscher. I really dislike that black-and-brown color scheme they have and the sharp ears.
>>
>all around not photogenic and not cute at all
Chihuahuas
>that dog that bit me as a child
a chained German Shepherd
>the most unhealthy dog I dealt with
Dalmatian
>>
File: pug.jpg (34KB, 616x421px) Image search: [Google]
pug.jpg
34KB, 616x421px
English bulldogs and pugs are walking Eldritch horrors to me.
>>
>>2180515
This plus any show-line purebreds.
>>
>>2180515
they're both cute
my least favourite is French bulldog
just looks like it hates life
>>
chihuahuas. they're generally very unhealthy and mostly owned by people who do not take care of or train their dogs. they're also ugly.
>>
>>2180531
As opposed to the pug, who does hate life
>>
Doodles.
>>
After working at a vet hospital, I really distrust German Shepherds. A well-bred and well-trained one is lovely, but far too many of them are aggressive, neurotic shitstains with fucked up backs that the owners have no idea how to handle.

I dislike pugs, because I feel overwhelming pity whenever I see/hear one snorting. They look like they were bred to be euthanized.

And while I don't hate designer dogs themselves, I hate designer breeds out of principle because people are overcharging for mutts with fucking stupid names.
>>
i love all dogs but i feel bad bracycelphalic ones and feel like people who own them are probably retarded and people who breed them are legit retarded

this isn't to say if i found a brussels griffon in the wild i wouldn't take it home and love it forever
>>
>>2180716
I tend to feel the same. I posed to /an/ that bracycelphalic dogs are probably retarded (nah dey just actin goofy) but i think they are legit retarded.

So i tend to people all these people are literally breeding retards and sayin aint that cute.
>>
File: ub00006h1-dobermann.jpg (122KB, 647x462px) Image search: [Google]
ub00006h1-dobermann.jpg
122KB, 647x462px
>>2180511
dobermann and rottweilers do not have sharp ears, just saying

I really hate the breeds that look like mops, e.g. Maltese, Havannese, Pekingese, Shi-Tsu, Yorkies, etc

And for big ones Komondor, Bobtails, Irish Wolfhounds etc.
>>
File: 2016-08-01 19.16.55.jpg (797KB, 3718x1688px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-01 19.16.55.jpg
797KB, 3718x1688px
>>2180728
Forgot to mention the disgusting dogs with a punched in head like pugs, bulldogs and so on
Als the absolutely horrible and disgusting looking Chihuahuas
>>
>>2180717
Defending yorkshire terriers here. Yes, the snorting episodes are scary but you can rub/pat their back above the lungs to help them stop. This is their only health problem.
They are not retarded, you can teach them several commands by month 3, they are never forgotten and rarely disobeyed.
>>
File: scottie.jpg (551KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
scottie.jpg
551KB, 1200x800px
Scotties of course. I've got two of them, but they're very old. I honestly wouldn't want to have any other kind of dog.
>>
>>2180732
You misread, fampai.
>>
File: checkem.jpg (87KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
87KB, 1200x1200px
>>2180733
witnessed
but yeah, I did misread. Least favorite, aside from pitbulls, could be the Portuguese water dog, but even that has some charm. Probably a Chihuahua, or a Great Dane, or any other "shrill" lookin dogs.
>>
File: czheckvolfdoggie.jpg (91KB, 736x643px) Image search: [Google]
czheckvolfdoggie.jpg
91KB, 736x643px
I hate all microshit dogs, anything with a smashed in face nose, so bulldogs and pugs. Obviously all pit bulls should be euthanized and banned. Super fluffy, curly, extra long haired dogs are shit, same with any hairless breed at all.

The most beautiful dogs are the ones that most closely resemble wolves in size or appearance.
>>
I like mastiffs, especially saint bernards and bullmastiffs.
>>
>>2180504
My fine Labrador, bella
>>
Labs and german shepherds. Good fucking lord I hate German shepherds.

I feel like I would hate hound dogs, but I've never met one besides beagles. Which I don't like but I don't hate them either.

I am also biased about shizhus and Malteses, and the mixes for no other reason then they just don't look or really act like dogs to me. Most of them I met were really nice so it's not like I have horror stories or anything, so yeah I'm pretty biased about them since I'm generally fine with most small breeds. Also jack russels. Fuck them.
>>
>>2180867
>Labs and german shepherds. Good fucking lord I hate German shepherds.
Who hurt you anon?
>>
>>2180867
Never had a pure GSD but I've had two mixes, a Malamute/GS and an Akita/GS both were fine animals but not for the inexperienced owner or a beta.
>>
File: imagejpeg_2~2.jpg (101KB, 702x698px) Image search: [Google]
imagejpeg_2~2.jpg
101KB, 702x698px
this one...
>>
File: 136418.jpg (46KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
136418.jpg
46KB, 600x460px
German shepherds.

The health problems + all the fanbois who get one anyways and then don't train them right.
>>
>>2180888
For GS I have known a lot. Except for two, they have been the worst dogs to deal with. Neurotic and aggressive and the only dogs I've seen our trainers want to just give up on and flat out tell the owners(despite it makes them lose money) that their dog is fucking dangerous and they need to take the utmost precautions to make sure their dog is secured at all time. I do get bit my dogs, it comes with the territory but GS have always been the worse next to chows. At least chows are rare for me to work with so I only have a handful of experiences.

Even most mixes I've met were just fucking awful. Labs eh. They are always fat as fuck and destructive. Yeah owners and such aren't always great but to me labs and goldies are the mkst boring dog you can ask for. Lab mixes are awesome though. I also feel this way about pitbulls. Staffies and ABPT tend to be way too hyper. Mixes are great and labxpitbull mixes have always been awesome.

>>2180898
I appreciate those who give me a heads up that their dogs have their 'quirks'. I have no opinion on akitas since ive worked on one who was neither happy or scared to be there. Just calmly dealt with being groomed and while we were advised to not let him run around with other dogs(so we didn't), he was pretty well behaved and mannered with people.
>>
>>2180916
>they have been the worst dogs to deal with
>next to chows

Can confirm. Chows were rare, but they were always assholes. I don't remember a single exception.

Most GSDs I dealt with were aggressive to either people or other animals, if not both. They often had big, highlighted warnings at the top of their charts that said "MAJOR CAUTION."
>>
>>2180916
I've never heard that, nor had any problems with biting from my GSD. Perhaps it's a breeder thing? I'm guessing well bred dogs that are raised with litter mates and their mom learn a proper bite reflex.
>>
>>2180922
To add to this, though, when all's said and done, a high-quality GSD that's been properly trained is downright amazing. But trying to find a good one is like wading through an ocean of shit to find a diamond ring.
>>
>>2180913
Jesus, that poor puppy.

It's should just be euthanized so it doesn't have to go through life suffering with that crippled body
>>
>>2180916
>labs and goldies are the mkst boring dog you can ask for
That is exactly how I feel. They are the most generic and boring breeds out there. And the fact that every single other middle class suburban white family owns them makes them worse. They're boring as hell and everyone has got one.
>>
>>2180511
They dont have sharp ears... people just crop their ears and tails. same with pitbulls.
>>
>>2180923
>>2180926
I'm also gonna guess that most people don't properly exercise their GSDs which leads to poor behavior and tendencies to fuck shit up out of boredom.
>>
>>2180929
Right, then they cross breed both with a poodle which are def. quirky dogs giving us the 'doodle' breeds. A stunning combination of the worst of both worlds.
>>
Five billion people said pugs already so I'm going to have to pick something else. These fucking things. Why? Literally why?
>>
>>2180504
Pugs, most modern bulldogs, some varietions of boston terriers with collapsed snouts, and pekingeses.

This is coming from somebody that owns a pug too. I bought him on impulse over ten years ago, and he's been the victim of several eye and ear infections and bad teeth. I love the bugger to death, but I am no longer ignorant to the terrible health conditions these poor dogs suffer, and am strongly against breeding them.

What's worse is how pugs gained spotlight recently as a fad breed, so that means it's likely a huge influx of them were just bred into existence with the last two to four years.
>>
>>2181360
i can't believe gizmo is real
>>
BEAGLES
E
A
G
L
E
S
>>
>>2180929
>I only like dogs if they're special goat herding breeds from Bolivia that nobody's ever heard of

How insecure are you?
>>
Coming from a groomer shih tzus are just assholes all around, german shepards are generally neurotic retards, chows are also all around assholes, yorkies tend to be high pitched as fuck screamers. Not barking. Not yelping. Screaming. and any brachycephalic breed just because they sound so damn miserable.
>>
File: 1469830706964.jpg (209KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469830706964.jpg
209KB, 500x500px
>>2180504
Pitbulls
Call the cops, idgaf.
>>
>>2180738
>Portugese Water Dog

Odd choice. May i ask?
>>
>>2180796
>muh wolf aesthetic
You sound like a colossal faggot.
>>
>>2182828
>implying wolf aesthetics aren't effayy
>>
>>2180796
t. Furry Dogfucker
>>
>>2180504
pugs

>>2180728
say that to my rottweiler and he will hunt you
>>
>>2182828
>hating on the wolf look

But having a super small fluff ball with a smashed face and tiny legs is somehow better? Fuck off
>>
>>2180504
English bull dogs!
>>
File: 700[1].jpg (101KB, 704x444px) Image search: [Google]
700[1].jpg
101KB, 704x444px
I really don't like JRTs
>noisy and super hyper
>look plain and boring
Almost nobody treats them as the intelligent dogs they are, people get them because cute small pupper and then let them act like shits.
>>
>>2182943
I'm furry and I prefer the border colie floppy ear fuzzy look.
>>
>>2180504
pug "designer" breeds

they can be really sweet, but goodness they turn out ugly.
>>
File: ToadlineBlueExoticBullyRanan.jpg (118KB, 805x344px) Image search: [Google]
ToadlineBlueExoticBullyRanan.jpg
118KB, 805x344px
>>2183251
This, also any doodle shit and extremely deformed american bullies.
>>
>>2183258
>doodle shit
I get so annoyed when I see people with labradoodles.

>Hey check out this mutt I paid 3000 dollars for!
>>
>>2183258
Jesus, should be illegal to breed these things. You'd want to euthanize them just for existing.
>>
My least favorite is whatever ankle-biter breed the woman across the street owns.
>>
>>2183268
In another hand if the woman across the street owns a big dog, she's automatically a dogfucker. Well, dogs are for families anyway.
>>
>>2180663
While I also hate the whole designer mutt trend, some of them are good dogs bred for utility. This girl that goes to my uni has a "goldendoodle" as a service dog, and it's incredibly well-mannered and intelligent.

In that light, my mom has a really awful "malti-chi" that is 12 years old and has no training whatsoever. Literally only knows how to sit, and only if you have food.
>>
>>2183261
>>2183258
I owner a springer spaniel / poodle cross. Super energetic and playful dog. I have allergies so this is the reason we have him and unfortunately I'm blighted by so i have a few slim selection of dogs.

Lets face it, no one likes dog hairs everywhere we just put up with it.

But yeah hes a mutt
>>
File: dutchshep.jpg (303KB, 720x609px) Image search: [Google]
dutchshep.jpg
303KB, 720x609px
>>2182943
>>2182828
Not the wolf look specifically. But dogs that are large and fit, with the ears and face similar to it.

The German Shepherd, the Belgian Malinois, Dutch Shepherd, Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, Siberian Huskies and similar breeds are what I'm talking about. Dogs that look good and useful and not some stupid toy dog that won't do anything
>>
Pugs need to be put of out their misery
>>
>>2182934
>>2183190
>idolising a piss-weak predator
>>
>>2183816
little dogs were bred to kill rats, which are statistically far more deadly than wolves.

rats killed 1/3 of the world population repeatedly. Billions of people.

what have wolves killed, a couple hundred? Don't be silly. Your big dogs don't combat any real threat.
>>
>>2183208
yo they can jump like 3x their body length though
>>
I've never met any pure bred terrier breed that I've liked. Shitty narcissistic dogs that demand constant attention but with the capacity to turn on you in a second. West highland terriers and JRTs are the top of my shitlist.

I have had no bad experiences with any of the "problem breeds" (pits, rotts, GSDs, Chows.)
>>2180922
Some family friends own exclusively rescued chow mixes. They are super sweet but can be really weird around new people. My experience is 4 dogs deep of anecdotal though so I'm willing to accept that chows are super aggressive.
>>
I hate any kind of dog that people have bred for aesthetics while ignoring the resulting health problems. The dogs themselves are usually quite sweet, but I just want to smack the people who paid for them.

[spoiler]I also never want to see a border-collie lab cross again because both of mine died in mortifying scar-for-life fashions when I was younger. I'm fucking crying writing this, jesus dicks.[/spoiler]
>>
Almost all hound dogs. Surrounded by neighbors with them and they never fucking stop howling as soon as they get outside

Every german shepherd I've seen has been aggressive and untrained but that might be more the owners fault. Still can't stand them because of it

Labs for similar reasons as german shepherds. Always untrained shits that break everything they come near.

Huskies got ruined for me by furfags. Can't even look at them without imagining deviantart shit.

>>2181375
Also pugs. I'm in the same boat as this poster and got one when I was younger without knowing what problems they have. I feel so guilty about getting him all the time. Luckily he hasn't had any problems with his health besides some food allergies, but I cringe every time someone shows me a wacky pug video and says how much they want one.
>>
>>2184009
Big dogs are used as livestock guardians and tear coyotes in half on a regular basis. They have also been used in war and as guard dogs.

Big dog vs. little dog rivalry is for fags.
>>
>>2184757
*guard dogs for people
>>
Shih Tzus. Not only are they one of those intentionally retarded brachycephalic breeds but they grow so much fur that they must either be trimmed often (where they just look like ugly rats) on constantly brushed lest they end up a matted mess.

My mother wasted and still wastes way too much money and time on Shit Zus.
>>
Yorkies
Chihuahuas
Pretty much everything smaller than my foot.
>>
>>2183258
what the actual fuck
>>
Cavoodles.
>>
>>2184835
You're a big guy.
>>
>>2180515
I'm convinced Bulldogs are the retards of the dog world.
>>
>>2180511
>disliking an animal for its color scheme
/fa/?
>>
File: menswear-dog-6.jpg (105KB, 600x805px) Image search: [Google]
menswear-dog-6.jpg
105KB, 600x805px
>>2185315
Ya got me.
>>
File: Yulianna-240 Figaro.jpg (127KB, 591x812px) Image search: [Google]
Yulianna-240 Figaro.jpg
127KB, 591x812px
>>2185315
>Disliking the doberman A E S T H E T I C S

I doubt it's /fa/
>>
>>2185320
They're not fluffed-out enough to be cute, that's the main thing I don't like about them. Their fur is too short. Shibas are at least somewhat fluffy and somewhat fat. Dobermans are sinew and muscle.
>>
fast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQ_J-Awcj4
>>
>>2185323
What are your thoughts on giant schnauzers?
They're basically dobes with floof.
>>
File: Irish_Wolfhound_Head_Shot.jpg (164KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
Irish_Wolfhound_Head_Shot.jpg
164KB, 426x282px
Hello /an/, I thought to make my own thread but I really like the content of this one.

Me and my sister will be moving out in a few months and my father (62) will be left alone. It would be really good for him to get a dog for company and entertainment.
Of course, my father is getting old so something that requires a lot of effort is out of the option. He always wanted a lab but I think it's pretty boring. I also thought about a GS but I didn't know they turned out such cunts.
Maybe a border collie, they are healthy, energetic and very intelligent.
What are some meme breeds I should avoid (like GS) and what are the best options?

TL;DR: Good and bad breeds for an old man.
>>
>>2185672
>62 year old man
>Probably not able to get around very easily
>Want something that doesnt require a lot of effort
>Thinking of getting a border collie

Is this b8? A border collie would be the absolute opposite of what he needs.
>>
>>2185767
He doesn't have any health issues. Having an active would give him an excuse to move and not sit around watching tv all day feeling shitty.
Probably a dog with hyperactivity is not the solution though.
How about a Berger Blanc Suisse?
>>
Weenie dog.
>>
>>2185672
You HAVE discussed this with your dad right? You're not just going to get him a dog as a gift when he might not even actually want one, right?
>>
>>2180716
My family has 2 English bulldogs. (Both sort of adopted). One is very intelligent (the elder female) and the young brash male is not so much.
>>
>>2185849
Who do you take me for?
The idea of a dog was his, but neither of us know shit about dogs and I'm really liking your priorities on breeds.
>>
>>2185858
What about getting a beagle
>>
>>2185877
oh, yeah about that.
Just as in, aesthetic limition, I think he wouldn't like any small dog.
Sorry for being picky :/
>>
File: CAM00118.jpg (362KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00118.jpg
362KB, 2048x1536px
>>2180916
>Mixes are great and labxpitbull mixes have always been awesome.

So far. I've lucked out ob dogs. Current is a pit/chocolate lab mix, and last dog was half boxer, mixed with some rottweiler and pit.

The boxer was an amazing buddy, and this girl is the best damn dog I've had the pleasure of living with in years. Though, we did do our research and I watched a lot of Zakgeorge videos, so that helped a lot.
>>
>>2185544
Not that anon but do want.

Unsure about

>exercise regime
>shedding - which is one of the reasons id like him
>>
>>2184055

Agreeing with this for Chows. The upside I've found is that they LET YOU KNOW right off the bat where they stand with you, so there is no misunderstanding and you don't go in to pet a dog that isn't comfortable with you. Most chows I've known will keep their distance until they're ready to get to know you, whereas a German Shepherd will either not telegraph as clearly or just charge your shit.

Just from having been attacked by several German Shepherds over the years, both on the job and while out with my dogs, that would have to be my choice. Beagles are second choice because they have a pretty bad case of the dumbs.
>>
>>2185672
Some options

Aussie Terrier
>Smart
>Not as yappy as other small dogs
>Easy to train
>Easy to handle if it misbehaves

Or maybe a whippet (grey hound)
>Couch potato if let it run around for 30 minutes at the park
>Slight of frame so wont pull you over if your walking it
>doesn't shed heaps

St Bernard
>Big dog but coach potato
>Slow laborious dog that doesn't really pull to much on the leash
>Not much aggression so unlikely to misbehave at the park

New foundlander
>Pretty much the same as the st bernard but you need to get into the water regularly

I don't recommend the new foundlander or the st bernard in warm/humid climates
>>
In addition to a lot of the breeds already mentioned, I fucking hate Huskies.
>>
>>2185672
maybe something like a basset hound, but im no expert
>>
>>2186245
>>2186693
Thanks!
>>
Most rat-dogs, especially the ones that are super yappy.

>>2186365
Why?
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.