[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strnk&Btfl gldfsh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: 183ylm.gif (1MB, 260x462px) Image search: [Google]
183ylm.gif
1MB, 260x462px
Within the next ten years Id like to be selling goldfish. The target coloration: albino body with crimson head and body stripes.

Any goldfish breeders out there with genetics advice? I've been to three stores in three towns of find two goldfish with red and white. They seem rare.

Gif related, also features an aerrator hack.
>>
File: mwmw.jpg (9KB, 236x188px) Image search: [Google]
mwmw.jpg
9KB, 236x188px
>>2180398
>albino body with crimson head and body stripes.
how oddly specific
>>
>>2180483
A cross between your pic and this one is my goal. The deep red on light pink is somehow soothing to me.

I've looked at hundreds of carp, but I'm trying to keep the brood as strong swimmers so all the fantails and fancy goldfish are no-goes.
>>
>>2180488
Breeding goldfish is like breeding chihuahuas imo.
>>
File: KIMG0313.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0313.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>2180631
Ideally I'd be cloning, but I don't have the $$$. Breeding is breeding.
>>
>>2180398
how do you expect to build a customer base if you only produce one type of goldfish?
>>
>>2180950
You know limit squares? I'm likely to only get 1/16 of what I'm looking for each brood. The other 15/16? I'd build a refrigerant truck and tank them as feeder fish to Petco.
>>
File: sarasacomet.jpg (74KB, 510x340px) Image search: [Google]
sarasacomet.jpg
74KB, 510x340px
Bump...how to get these colors as stripes on a strong goldgish?
>>
>>2181819
Get as many fish as possible with red, then cross them with as many fish as possible that have stripes, like >>2180483

For the first couple of generations, don't worry about things like right body shape or small/large fins.

Just get those genes smashed together. Statistically, at least ONE goldfish each generation of 50/50% hybridization of the bloodlines should somewhat resemble the characteristics you desire.

Keep these two original "pure" "parent groups. Keep producing the "first generation" hybrids. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT LATER ON. You want as many of these first generationals as possible, even if they just barely match what you want. Your best friend, keeping bloodlines pure, can also be your worst enemy, too much inbreeding. There's no point in creating a new breed of goldfish if it constantly dies off due to weak immune system, food allergies, or every other fish is born with a gimp fin or fucked up face.

The second stage is to take all of your first generation hybrids and breed them together. Pair them up, one male with one female. Keep a record of each individual fish, take a picture of their markings, write down how successful each one is at producing offspring that match your requirements. After about five generations, randomly swap them all out with new partners. See if the success is due to either the male, or female. After another five generations, match up your best female with the best male, and so forth.

The fourth step requires you keep up with the production of the first generationals. In this step, you take all of your prized second generation hybrid goldfish. Don't pick ones that over all match your requirements, but pick ones that are very strong in a single trait that you want combined with the other traits of your new breed. For instance, one fish has very bold large stripes, but they aren't as bright a red as you desire. Pair them up with a recent first generation hybrid, that has small weak stripes but the right shade of red.
>>
File: goldfish-feeding.jpg (227KB, 490x398px) Image search: [Google]
goldfish-feeding.jpg
227KB, 490x398px
>>2181935
Inbreeding is a huge concern for me, I'm trying to only get only unrelated goldfish to prevent issues down the line
>>Used to work at salmon hatchery
>>All sorts of mutations from generations of breeding only returning hatchery fish and never using wild blood
>>My favorite were the siamese twin Chinook salmon

I was thinking I'd use a breeding technique that doesn't separate the goldfish into pairs. Is there any theory of using a 4000 plus gallon tank to make a goldfish orgy pool? Maybe it would have inch wide mesh a foot from the bottom of the tank so the little ones dont get eaten.
>>
>>2181992
>goldfish orgy pool
You people get up to some strange shit don't you?
>>
File: Favim.com-21781.jpg (68KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
Favim.com-21781.jpg
68KB, 500x356px
>>2182024
What a nosey question...you must get lots of wet dog snout in your face.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.