[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you figure out what a dog likes to do for fun? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1579c-94.jpg (1MB, 2350x2168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1579c-94.jpg
1MB, 2350x2168px
How do you figure out what a dog likes to do for fun?

I have two rescues. One is a medium sized staffie mix and loves everything. The second is a small spaniel mix and I cannot figure out what she had fun doing. She doesn't like walks. She doesn't like toys. She doesn't like games nor training. She doesn't like cuddles.

All she does besides sleep is play with the other dog, but he really has to coax her into playing. She has a lot of energy, so I really want to find her thing.
>>
Keep trying things until she takes to something. How long have you had them?
>>
>>2179735
I've had the staffie for almost 6 months now. The girlie for about 1. I'm just not sure what else there is to try with her.

She's kind of aloof, almost cat-like in her own little way.
>>
pls respond
>>
My old rescue dog is like that but she loves walks and while does not cuddle, prefers to sleep by us. She has a ton of energy and doesn't play so all I can do is let her run and walk her a lot.
How do you know she hates walks? Is she scared, refused to move or just doesn't get excited?
>>
>>2179680
Spaniels were bred for game flushing and hunting. Have you brought her into that kind of situation? You really might just have the wrong kind of dog for your lifestyle.
>>
>>2179763
It sounds like a trust and comfort level to me. I would work on just letting her be, and not pressure her to do stuff she isn't interested in. Let her hang out near you and praise her for playing or coming over for attention. Eventually she'll become more comfortable and show you what she likes to do for fun.
>>
>>2179890
Thanks for the advice. The staffie was my first dog, and he was at home the moment I brought him home. Guess I was expecting something similar from her.

Guess I'll just give her more time to come out of her shell. She is super shy and the other dog gives her lots of confidence.

>>2179890
She is mixed with some kind of companion breed. I've her pekingese, chihuahua, and papillon as possibilities. As per the spaniel, I am pretty sure she is Caviler, which I've read are massively affectionate and total snuggle bugs.

Are there any games we can play to emulate game flushing and hunting?
>>
Well you have to do what the dog was bred to do, for example I was taking care of a greyhound mix that was up for adoption. She wasn't really into fetch or tug of war, so one time I ran and she ran with me and seemed to have a great time.

After that I would be on my bike and would drive as fast as I could and she would sprint beside me, she was obviously really happy and it made our bond that much stronger.
>>
>>2179910
could you post a pic of your dogs? I wanna see 'em!
>>
O-one last bump
>>
>>2179911
Dogs can literally run 35mph alongside a 4 wheeler. Too bad I forget the breed.
>>
>>2180870
I had 2 goldens that could do 35 behind my truck for a few miles.
>>
Flirtpole
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.