[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This kitten has been living under my shed for (2?) weeks, I put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160730_184243.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160730_184243.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
This kitten has been living under my shed for (2?) weeks, I put some fried fish and water in a pet carrier and sat by it making meows and stuff until it trusted me to go in the box for food, then I shut it in (Feels like a dick move desu), I got a can of wet cat food from my neighbor and the cat liked it.The cat has some booger stuff on the eyes though (like when you wake up, but its wet).I put a towel in there for it to lay on as well. Is the cat OK?What can I do for it? How do I get it to trust me enough not to run back to the shed which has wasps, ants and the danger of it falling down because termites were in it for a year or two.
>>
>>2179401
It should go to the vet. It looks like it has basically kitty pink eye, and if left untreated they can actually lose their eyes. Also I never ever trust feral/stray cats as outdoor cats. I would recommend converting him to an indoor cat because given the chance, their instincts may kick in when outside and Feral cats usually don't come back after being let out again.
>>
>>2179402
I can't keep him, I just didn't want him to starve or get eaten (lots of big dogs and stuff here)
>>
>>2179403
Is there a shelter or someone who can take him in and care for him? I mean he won't live long fending for himself if he's blind
>>
The poor thing probably won't make it if you leave it outside. Take it to a shelter or try calling around to vets and see if they'll take it off your hands.
>>
>>2179401
take it to the shelter you stupid faggot
>>
>>2179401
Not gonna make it very long, needs to go to a shelter so they can take it to the vet. Also go on your area's facebook group page or craigslist page and post this and ask someone to take him for free.

This is a cute example:
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/pet/5703017270.html
>>
>>2179401
>what can i do for it
Stomp on it
>>
>>2179401
looks like viral conjunctivitis or tear blockage desu. that kitty needs a vet lest it goes blind and it has to be put down.

>anything i can do for it?

let nature run its course or take it to a vet and pound
>>
>>2179401
You're a cat owner now dude.
Cat was comfortable enough to get into the carrier, so its not a lost cause.
>>
>>2179403

Shelter it is then. He needs vet care, otherwise it's very likely he'll die, and even is he does survive he'll be mostly if not completely blind and die anyways. Young animals are highly adoptable, but even if they do put him down at least he'll go quickly and in a cool place where people care about about him and not under a hot shed while a coyote tears him to pieces.
>>
File: IMG_20160731_084302.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160731_084302.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
Update on kitty: Kitten seems to be happy now that he (don't know if boy or girl so just saying he) has been fed, has had a comfortable place to sleep.When I put my finger in he rubs against it and I am giving him to a friend of mine who likes cats and recently lost his.His eyes gave cleared up and they look fine to me now.
>>
>>2179401
Clean its eyes with Q-Tips wetted with saline water first to get rid of all the booger, you can mix your own saline water by combining warm drinking water with enough salt so that you can barely tastes the salt.

Then, get some Neosporin, put it on a Q-Tip and apply to the corner of its eyes. It could be a bacterial infection or it was born from a momma cat with feline herpes. Make sure you give it a Capstar before you give it to anyone so a flea epidemic doesn't flare up in your house as well as the new owner's house. Capstar pills are pretty cheap, I got it on Amazon for $25/6 pills. You can either apply Advantage flea medication or Revolution flea meds/wormer. Front line didn't do shit for my cats and we're currently experiencing a flea epidemic enhanced by the warm summer weather.
P/s: Don't post on CG/Facebook for free, some dumb kid will prolly pick it up and torture it to death because he thinks its a free toy.
>>
>>2179769
NEVER PUT NEOSPORIN IN THE EYES IF AN ANIMAL!
It's not made for that. It says right on the tube not to put it in your eyes. On top of that an ingredient in Neosporin is known to cause sudden asphyxia in cats.
>>
>>2179726
That's unfortunate.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.