[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat partial tail amputation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: P1030948.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
P1030948.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
So, two nights ago my cat came home with about 2-3 cm of bone from the tip of the tail out, like he degloved it. He is castrated but he likes to go outside anyway. Thing is, I live in a small town and there're no emergencies vet, so I waited until first hour in the morning and took him, they amputated those 3 cm of his tail and I took him home, not before asking him if there was any special cares I should have with it (never had a cat with a chirurgical operation), he told me "no, only have some patience, he can get to his normal life tomorrow".

Last night I saw him sleeping and took off to the gym, one hour after it I came home just to find EVERYTHING covered in blood: couch, clothes, matress, walls; the little guy removed the stiches and there was blood everywhere, I took off to the pharmacy several times trying to find something to stop the blood, nothing worked. Finally I googled and make him a e-collar with some cardboard and put it in the bathroom to sleep (this was 3 AM, spend 5 hours with the cat trying to stop the bleeding).

I'm waiting for the fucking veterinary to open up, but I'm scared for the little guy, he lost a lot of blood and I don't know what special cares do I have to take with him so he'll have a full recovery.

tl;dr: cat tail partially amputated, he removed stiches

pic related: him as a baby
>>
>>2178216
Update: my father just took him to the vet. He didn't wanted me to come because he said I would want to punch the vet or something.
>>
>>2178240
Hope he's okay anon!
>>
>>2178216
Bump, please post update. Hope little buddy is okay.
>>
>>2178216
Sounds like you're an idiot to me.
>>
>>2178216
What did you expect, letting your cat roam outside unattended? One day he won't even come back, and when that happens please don't get a new one.
>>
>>2178525
>>2178603
The little guy is OK, they putted back the stiches and we putted an e-collar to him so he won't take them off again.

>>2178785
>What did you expect, letting your cat roam outside unattended
My cat is 6 years old and he always roam outside. He just does that, and all his life has done it. I just had to walk him with a leash because he wanted to go outside. My other cat, in the other side, hates going outside.
>>
>>2179029
I've taken in feral cats and I've been able to get them to live comfortably inside. Letting a cat free roam is neglectful and reckless. Your cat only needs to get hit by a car or attacked by another animal once to never make it back home
>>
>>2179029
Good to hear he's alright :)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.