[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP. Desperate to fix my cat and getting to the point that I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

HELP. Desperate to fix my cat and getting to the point that I wonder if I should just get rid of her. I've had my cat for about 10 years now and we've been nothing but nice to her. She gets all kinds of toys, treats, and attention. She's friendly and cuddly but has developed some bad behaviors. A few years ago she started peeing in the bathtub regularly (and rarely, other places) and eventually started pooping in the tub too which now happens every single day. I keep fresh litter in the box and she poops and pees in both the box and tub as soon as I change it. Trying different litter and litter boxes did not change a thing. If I leave water in the tub she just goes on the bathroom floor. Also she throws up anywhere on an almost daily basis no matter what she's fed and we have tried many different types of food both soft and hard. I've spent hundreds getting all kinds of vet exams, tests, and meds only to be told she is "normal". I've also tried tons of products like litter attractors, calming stuff, enzyme cleaners; nothing helps. Cleaning up after this waste factory is getting really exhausting and at this point I'm starting to consider there has to just be a better cat out there that's not so disgusting. Is there any way to fix her or is she too far gone? Pic sort of related not my cat but looks similar.
>>
File: 1469691579440.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1469691579440.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
that sucks OP

ideas:
-a different vet?
-a large rubbermaid tote as a litter box?
-sanitizing with bleach?
-multiple boxes out at the same time?
>>
Your cat literally had every single sign of being ill. Bullshit you have gone to a vet, or you live in some trash third world country (which I cannot help, sorry).
>>
>>2177623
Have not tried a different vet. Thought about it but I've already spent roughly $300-400 total on multiple vet trips and I'm getting tired of throwing my money away when I might just be told the same thing. I've not tried that sort of container as a litterbox but I've been changing the litterbox about once a year for a while now, getting a larger one each time. Currently using the biggest covered one I could find. Unfortunately I can't fit multiple litterboxes in here or I would. I live in a tiny studio apt and I just dont have the floor space for that. And yes I have drenched the tub in bleach and several other cleaning chemicals multiple times. I use an extra strength enzyme cleaner when she does it. Also tried leaving strong smells around the area (burnt incense, orange scented spray, etc). No effect.
>>
>>2177624
I'm in a major US city and believe me I have been to the vet a bunch. On one trip I had to leave her there all day for a series of physical examinations including xray and urinalysis. The vet concluded the cat just has a behavior problem she seems stubborn about. Could not tell me why or how to fix it. Physically seems completely healthy, normal weight, healthy teeth, etc. She eats and drinks normally, just tends to puke it up; vet said she probably just consumes it too fast. The vet seemed to think it's just that not much can be done about bad habits once the cat decides to start doing them. I was also given torbutrol in case she was having some discomfort with peeing/pooping, and an antibiotic. Medicated her as instructed until the pills ran out but it didn't seem to do anything that I noticed.
>>
>>2177773
>vet said she probably just consumes it too fast.
Have you tried some sort of slow feeder to rule this out? Something about the size of a pill bottle filled with dry food and a hole drilled through the side works pretty well. They bat it around and eat whatever falls out.
>>
>>2177765
your vet might be an idiot.

have you only tried covered litter boxes? covered boxes suck for cats because their sense of smell is so much better.
>>
>>2177592
Stomp
On
It
>>
>>2177592
If your cat won't stop shitting in the bathtub, then the least you can do is put your litter box IN the tub. It will at least keep your tub from being shat on.
>>
>>2177592
Can't help you with the poop, but about the puking:
Get a feeding ball. It's a ball with holes, you put dry food in and cat has to roll it to get it out.

When does she puke, and how doea the puke look?
If it's brown and directly after eating, it's most likely because she ate to fast, above method should fix this.

Is it yellowish and thin?
Either empty stomach or trying to get hairballs out of her.
For fixing, try giving her food with a shorter time span between.
For the hairballs, get cat grass. There's some treats that help as well, try googling.

If the puke is pinkish and thin, it could be that she's eating grass that's too sharp and getting tiny cuts. Try changing her cat grass.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.