[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found a beautiful spider today, and no it is not venomous.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160727_175753.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160727_175753.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
Found a beautiful spider today, and no it is not venomous.
>>
>>2177070
She's a species of orb Weaver. Sometimes referred to as a banana spider.
I'm guessing you're in the south east.
Be sure to protect her against wasps, some will eat her- give her a place to hide up in the corner of her web if you can- but don't disturb the web or she may abandon it.
You can also catch grasshoppers and throw it into her web if you want to fatten her up.
Males are much smaller, hopefully you'll see a couple hanging out on the edges of her web at some point.
>>
All spiders are venomous you dumb nigger.
>>
>>2178251
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uloboridae
But yeah, go running around calling other people dumb niggers.
>>
nice brown recluse
>>
File: 45235353.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
45235353.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
Have hundreds of pic related all around the forests where I'm at, its like walking into that forest from the Hobbit they are so god damn big

Luckily they aren't too venomous, not much of an arachnophile but I do love seeing the different webs they make
>>
>>2177070
Nice photo, OP
>>
>>2177070
Found one myself last night (same species), caught a moth and threw it in the web.
She grabbed it instantly.
>>2178301
Jesus that's a nice one.
>>
>>2178251
this isn't even remotely true.

kek
>>
>>2178301
ugh I love spiders. They're so fucking beautiful and cool. I wish I had the attention span to take care of one, though. They can get out of their confinements really easily if you aren't careful
>>
>>2179882
Orb weavers will pretty much stay in even if they can leave, females will. I had one in a wicker bird nest hanging in the basement for at least 2 1/2 months before she left.
>>
>>2179881
Well, not all venom is deadly to humans. All spiders are venomous.
>>
>>2180089
You do realize the one in the OP is a prime example of a spider that lacks venom, right?
>>
>>2180089
>>2180091
How do you manage to be arguing with each other while being both so horribly wrong at the same time?
>>
>>2180192
I already posted a direct link to a wikipedia article on a non-venomous spider group.

These guys are beyond hope.
>>
>>2177070
that's Argiope aurantia, it's has venom, but can't/won't hurt you at all.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.